Martial arts, anyone?

• A few months ago, I joined the Association for Renaissance Martial Arts, which studies and tries to interpret/recreate fighting manuals from the late Middle Ages and Renaissance. I’m mostly focusing on the longsword now, but we also study hand-to-hand, sword & buckler, rapier, polearms, and other fine things.

It’s a lot of fun, though I have to resist the urge to pathetically shout “I COULD KILL YOU IN REAL LIFE!” while playing Chiv (especially since I can’t grab the enemy’s weapon in the game).

Just to give an idea of what I’m doing-
    10B4oCreJDo

Any other martial artists here?

• I was going to join Guardia di Croce, Roberto Gotti is the leader and he is just awsome, he’s written some books, he definitely loves Achille Marozzo

• @Satiro88:

I was going to join Guardia di Croce, Roberto Gotti is the leader and he is just awsome, he’s written some books, he definitely loves Achille Marozzo

You were going to join? Why didn’t you?

• Tang Soo Do for me; sort of.

Tried it. Was terrible. Quit after getting my fourth belt (can’t remember which one).

My hand-eye coordination is absolutely terrible, and my reflexes are worthless. I don’t have what it takes to fight for real.

• I practiced full contact for a couple of years, but I quit and started lifting afterwards. I like the sense of progression it gives, perfectly measurable in numbers 8-)

• @Janus3003:

Just to give an idea of what I’m doing-
    10B4oCreJDo

Oh that looks like so much fun! that’s definitely something I’ll have to do sometime before I die.

Also,

though I have to resist the urge to pathetically shout “I COULD KILL YOU IN REAL LIFE!”

:jlaff: That made me laugh

• @Janus3003:

@Satiro88:

I was going to join Guardia di Croce, Roberto Gotti is the leader and he is just awsome, he’s written some books, he definitely loves Achille Marozzo

You were going to join? Why didn’t you?

Right shoulder dislocated while boxing

• ‘’ Western-Renaissance-Martial-Arts ‘’

It’s always being a ridiculously funny fraud .
    :lolz:

• @Satiro88:

Man, that sucks. Sorry to hear that.

• I do Capoeira and mix it up other styles and moves.

• @Janus3003:

@Satiro88:

Man, that sucks. Sorry to hear that.

Thanks xD it’s been quite painfull… But you have choosen a beautiful martial arts it’s our martial art,I think that’s one of the most complete. There were so many many influences and battles in Europe with armies totally different

• @tlbww:

I do Capoeira and mix it up other styles and moves.

Oh I love Capoeira! I once preformed a show with a guy who always did a Capoeira routine to warm up…he was bald, because that’s totally relevant

• Did kickboxing for 6 years! Must get back into martial arts, maybe kickboxing again or MMA ;)

• @King:

@tlbww:

I do Capoeira and mix it up other styles and moves.

Oh I love Capoeira! I once preformed a show with a guy who always did a Capoeira routine to warm up…he was bald, because that’s totally relevant

You’ll find a lot of bald guys doing it. One of my mestres did a headstand with a pebble digging into his head and even spun around. I tried that for about 1.3 seconds and was bleeding…

If you can mix capoeira with a style that is a lethal but more stationary, you have a dangerous mix. Mobile pain is much more menacing than a stationary threat.

Or MaA > Archer

• was training for fullcontact to but i saw that the guys im training with (i mean the guys that trained us) where kinda retards and where about to take that medieval stuff serious in a way even i cant fucking live with. (and i want celtic marriage) well… i also saw that i wasnt strong enough to constantly weild a greatsword or controll a longsword perfectly, so that i went to taekwondo. i should be ready now just lookin for someone who d teach me stuff right. bought me 2 training swords and a book about german longsword martial arts and kept training this a little.

• I’m a freelancer when it comes to Martial Arts.
    (yeah that’s right)

• @Satiro88:

From where? and how much the school fees?

I just read the books and practicing it on my own. :(

newbies…I hope this is not a necro post.

• I took 3 years of Brazilian Jui-jitsu and i loved it. I was able to compete against other people and people twice my weight and still dominate them with speed and skill it was probably one of the happiest times of my life.

I had to stop because i was privately trained in my home (which was quite large) and we moved to a much smaller home without sufficient room to practice. Shit sucks and i would pick it up in a heartbeat if i got the chance.

• Tried it. Was terrible. Quit after getting my fourth belt (can’t remember which one).

• Drunken style boxing for many years.