Confusing Blue Soldiers Covered in Blood with Red Soldiers

• I often find myself holding off on ranged/missile attacks due to difficulty figuring out if it’s a blood covered ally, or just a enemy red. Or, from red’s perspective, I’ll sometimes think I’m being teamkilled, only to find out it’s a blue covered in blood.

• I hear you, I have same problem. But what can we do? Change Mason color in bright orange?

• Yeah its been like that forever. If you are agatha try not to get covered in blood, and if you do just suicide (F10) so your team mates dont feel bad about killing you.

• Didn’t Agatha xbowmen had red pavise too?

• I’ve only had this problem once…. and that was last night when I drove a bow into a team mate Vanguard’s ribs.

I explained the situation and he laughed… t’was all in good fun.

Most other times though, I can see the blue under the blood… but this time it was a TDM on a foggy map with a cluster of guys swinging at each other. I just picked the wrong guy.

• Yeah its mostly a new player issue, once you accidentally kill one or two you get used to the difference.

• Made even worse if that teammate has the wrong colour shield on too.

• Hate this too…
    Especially when you almost get knock out and your character goes only see black and white!

• They still have different models… One should not always blindly attack anything that appears to be red.

• On the battlegrounds map I have trouble seeing the difference between the team while on the ballista. You really have to look at what way they are facing and where they came from.

Its a lot of “is that guy an enemy -fire- nope”

You do get used to the different character models. And I always instincvly block any attack coming towards me regardless of the team. Many people are thinking “why the fuck is that guy taking a swing at me” and don’t do anything about it. So they get hit.

• @lemonater47:

On the battlegrounds map I have trouble seeing the difference between the team while on the ballista. You really have to look at what way they are facing and where they came from.

It’s only natural… while we do have certain distinctive colors per team it’s still meant to look somewhat “medieval” or war torn.
    On a battlefield you don’t always know who is who just by looking at them, even in the age of uniforms (which the middle ages were not).

You do get used to the different character models. And I always instincvly block any attack coming towards me regardless of the team. Many people are thinking “why the fuck is that guy taking a swing at me” and don’t do anything about it. So they get hit.

Right, I do the same.

• i have had the same problem playing with the vanguards because they are very similar, usually playing in low settings.

• I like that this happens. I thought it was a great detail added on purpose.

• @Siegbert:

They still have different models… One should not always blindly attack anything that appears to be red.

Very true. I can’t tell you how many times I got whacked by a noobie teammate spamming his weapon at whatever was red.

• Solution: Agathians are now crustaceans, and bleed blue blood. There would need to be a minor lore update though.

Serious solution: Change the pattern of blood for (at least) Agathians to be one or two large splotches instead of little bits everywhere as if they’re sweating blood. That way you could still see the blue. (This is probably the biggest problem for Agathian knights, since they have almost no blue on them anyways, and are recognized more by their armor.)