Minimize draws in CTF.

• I am a big fan of the Cap the Flag mode, its tactical and thrilling its a little game in a game.
    Only after certain time the counter stops and when no team has captured 3 flags it is a draw. Even when one team has captured 2 flags and the other 0, its a bit sour for everybody…. :?

Maybe let the team with the most flags captured, when time is up, win! Everybody happy. :D

PS. Ah and let their be a sound indication when a flag is picked up, and delivered. A special battle horn or something. :D

• I agree with everything said here. If the score is 2-1, obviously the winner is the Mason Order the one with the most points. And most CTF games do have a notification on when the flag is taken/captured. I like the idea of a horn being sounded to signify that the flag has been taken.

• Agree

• The counter argument would be that one team would cap one or two flags (however many to get the lead) and then just turtle/defense only.

• yep Remix you got a point there.

But the turtle thing is a tactic to use, the other team has to come up with a counter tactic.

• @boldest:

yep Remix you got a point there.

But the turtle thing is a tactic to use, the other team has to come up with a counter tactic.

Right. Give us more opportunities to shape the game by ourselves.

• Personally I don’t like time limits. I find that most CTF games are too short for my liking. Not that I’m looking for hour long games, I just think the time limit should be increased and the capture limit should be increased to.
    The most fun I ever had in a CTF game was in Quake 3 Arena. The cap limits were usually 50 and the games usually lasted around 15 minutes, but the timer never got a chance to run out.

• to comment on the post above…

I agree, no time limit would be cool!
    I had the most fun in wow ctf battlefield Warsong Gulch. But some games wold last very long, no prob with me.

• @boldest:

to comment on the post above…

I agree, no time limit would be cool!
    I had the most fun in wow ctf battlefield Warsong Gulch. But some games wold last very long, no prob with me.

That’s why we need the possibilty to vote for maps. So if one round had run until eternity already you could change it.