What epic battle do you want to play out!?

• So i just thought of another idea for maps! I figured i could make a thread about it to get everyone’s input. Think of any epic battle scene you have seen. It can be from history, movies, or video games. For example, fighting it out at hyrule castle or something like that. Just pick that epic fight or location you would love to see become CMW map and post a lil something :P . Happy brainstorming!

• The Battle of Helm’s Deep!
    The Battle of Minas Tirith!
    The Battle of… Brainstorming over.

• This part of Troy would actually make for a pretty good map, as you would move from the beach to the temple, and then you could move on to the city gates or something. The map and objectives and environment would change a couple of times during the battle, fitting chivalry´s dynamic style:

bpLtXIlkyYA

• Definitely Helm’s Deep. Or rather Tibberius’ Copyright Avoidance Deep.

• @SlyGoat:

Definitely Helm’s Deep. Or rather Tibberius’ Copyright Avoidance Deep.

I had assumed TCA Deep, if not released with the game, could be released in a comptely unnoficial and non-related to the commercial interest of the games devs and publishers way. Created by an anonymous group of level designers who just happened to design the vanilla maps in Chivalry as well.

• That one battle that was in that one movie with those giant tree people, short hairy-footed people, some other short hairy people, and a dude with a giant beard and a staff. There may have been a pair of large structures somewhere close to said battle.

• @Slashspam:

That one battle that was in that one movie with those giant tree people, short hairy-footed people, some other short hairy people, and a dude with a giant beard and a staff. There may have been a pair of large structures somewhere close to said battle.

Labyrinth?

• Probably for me it would be the battle of Minas Tirith

• I’m into Roman history so I’d love to play out the battles of Philippi, Alesia or even Zama.
    But if we’re talking about middle ages, then the battle of Agincourt. This would just be a field I guess :)

• @SlyGoat:

Labyrinth?

No, I think it started with an I. It may or may not have been the second movie in an award winning trilogy based on books. I can’t remember.

• @Slashspam:

@SlyGoat:

Labyrinth?

No, I think it started with an I. It may or may not have been the second movie in an award winning trilogy based on books. I can’t remember.

The destruction of Isengard in LoTR?

• @Yorker:

The destruction of Isengard in LoTR?

Possibly, I can’t be sure.

• Also, not really a specific thing, but some kind of battle at sea with one team trying to board the enemy’s ship - perhaps to assassinate some kind of nobility on board.

• Rochester Castle siege from Ironclad.

SJ18t3uNiI4

• Ironclad was a damn good movie.

• @SlyGoat:

Also, not really a specific thing, but some kind of battle at sea with one team trying to board the enemy’s ship - perhaps to assassinate some kind of nobility on board.

Yes yes and YES! PVKII had a map similar to this and there was of course the Battlefield 1942 Pirate mod but nothing has quite nailed it yet.

• I would love to see some battles from the Crusades, obviously the first that comes to mind would be the one at the end of ‘Kingdom of Heaven’ at Jerusalem.

Another cool one with a unique gameplay twist would be something like the first gladiatorial battle in ‘Gladiator’, the one where Maximus is chained at the leg to his slave buddy. Imagine the co-op gameplay implications! Drool ;)

• The battle of Hastings.

• @Yorker:

The Battle of Minas Tirith!

All of my wants.

• The Battle of TOURS!

All hail the Franks!