How do I find the IP of the Server I'm on?

• Invite via steam is brockin! How do I get the IP of the server I am in now?? The only way my friends could join me is from the open console command.

There mast be some way to get the IP of the server I am currently in, please help!!

• To join via Steam Friends:

Exit the game. Right click name in Steam friends and select Join Game. This will automagically launch the game and connect to the server.

If you really want the IP address, open the Steam overlay and click on your own Steam avatar in your friends list. This will open a window to your Steam community page. Then in the top right corner it will say that you are playing Chivalry. Click it to “join game” and this will pop open a window with the correct IP address.

• Shouldn’t there be just a simple console command to show the server info?

• A game with such a broken server list absolutely requires a simple IP join method.

Often I and my friends try to join a dueling server, but since there are only about 10 dueling servers currently in existence and most of them are nearly always full (or not, can’t tell if the server list is reporting that correctly now or not), and there is no server filter to only show dueling servers, and in addition to that the sort by game mode listview button doesn’t do anything, it becomes a challenge just to find the server to join. It gets troublesome to need to quit the entire game just to join a server, BECAUSE this means there are people just waiting to join the server after someone leaves, and that is how we join the same dueling server. Now this means it’s required that each person has the actual server in their server list under their cursor, so instead of joining the damn IP when told, we have to SEARCH for the server every time, this is insanity! Rather than adding content, the extreme bugs need to be fixed. This game is more brocking than big rigs over the road racing!

• @Swayze’s:

Shouldn’t there be just a simple console command to show the server info?

getall aocgameengine lasturl

This will return something like this:

0) AOCGameEngine Transient.AOCGameEngine_0.LastURL = (Protocol="unreal",Host="steam.90085984908467202",Port=7777,Map="aocto-darkforest_p",Op=("Name=Player","Team=255","game=AOC.AOCTeamObjective"),Portal=,Valid=1)

The Host= part is the Steamified URL. So have your friend type in the in-game console:

open steam.90085984908467202:7777

This will connect you to Official Class server #9 32 players in this example.

• Trying to figure out if there’s a command to show IP…can’t find it yet…This should really be simple and is a big omission, with the browser and joining still being funky for many people.

My solution: Download NetworkTrafficView and watch which IPs you are connected to that have traffic moving in and out at a few kb/sec. You should be able to tell which one is the server you’re on based on when you see it pop up in the list. Roundabout, but a solution.

• @Jerome:

Invite via steam is brockin! How do I get the IP of the server I am in now?? The only way my friends could join me is from the open console command.

There mast be some way to get the IP of the server I am currently in, please help!!

Use the Console command “Getall aocgri servername” . It will Show the server name.
    To find the ip address from server name do a Domain Host Search in IP-Details.com . You will get the ip address of the server. Use the Console Command “Open IPaddress:port” to connect to the server.
    These are some other Console Commands that will be useful:

FULL COMMAND LIST:

General Commands

Open IPaddress:port ===> To connect to a server.
        Open IPaddress:port?Password= ===> Following by the your password, to connect to a server as admin.
        Reconnect ===> Reconnects you to the current server.
        Getall aocgri servername ===> Shows server name.
        Suicide ===> What do you think? (It will happen in 5 seconds)

Voting

Votekick ===> Following by a player name, allows you to start a vote to kick a player.
        Confirm ===> Following by the ID of a player, confirms your action (ban/kick).
        Votechangemap ===> Following by the exact map name, allows you to start a vote to change map/mode.
        Voteresetmap ===> Allows you to start a vote to reset the game map/mode.

Admin

Adminlogin ===> Followed by the server's admin password, allows you to log into a server as an admin. (Must be done everytime a new map/mode starts)
        Adminlogout ===> Logs out as admin
        Admin ===> Followed by any command executes that command on the server. (Note: See "Other")
        Adminkick ===> Kicks a user. Type in a partial name (or no name at all) and you'll get a list of matching users
        Adminkickban ===> Kicks a user and permanently bans them (i.e. puts their IP/NetID in the config file). Also takes partial names.
        Adminchangemap ===> Changes to a different map. Be sure the map actually exists (see the map list), otherwise you may crash your server.
        AdminRestartMap ===> Restarts the map.
        Admin aoc_endgame ===> Ends the current game. (Easy way to change a new random map/mode)
        AdminChangeTeam ===> Swaps a selected player to the opposite team.
        AdminChangeTeamDamageAmount ===> Change team damage amount on-the-fly; from 0.0 (no damage) to 1.0 (full damage)
        Setbind O adminlogin password ===> Change O to any character and password to whatever your password is

Other

Admin addbots ===> Followed by the number of bots, allows you to add bots to the current game.
        Admin killbots ===> Kills all the bots on your server
        Aoc_drawtracer 1 ===> Weapon tracing
        Admin aoc_slomo ===> Followed by the speed value (1 = 100% = normal, 2 = 200% = double, etc), allows you to change the game's speed (very funny!).
        Admin aoc_showdamage ===> Followed by 1 (= on) or 0 (= off), allows you to see damage taken in the game.
        Admin aoc_showspeed ===> Followed by 1 (= on) or 0 (= off), allows you to see `your walking speed (as HUD) in the game.`
        Aoc_camera ===> Followed by a number (0 = normal), allows you to change your view mode (very buggy!).`
        Stat FPS ===> Displays your Frames Per Second and the Ticks Per Second.
        Setsensitivity ===> Followed by a number , allows you to change your mouse sensitivity.
        Setbind O Command ===> Change O to any character and Command to your choice
        $$$Thanks to Royalgamer06 $$$.

• @LegendKing:

@Jerome:

Invite via steam is brockin! How do I get the IP of the server I am in now?? The only way my friends could join me is from the open console command.

Use the Console command “Getall aocgri servername” . It will Show the server name.
    To find the ip address from server name do a Domain Host Search in IP-Details.com . You will get the ip address of the server. Use the Console Command “Open IPaddress:port” to connect to the server.

I think my way posted earlier is much easier, join a server and…

@ReMixx:

open the Steam overlay and click on your own Steam avatar in your friends list. This will open a window to your Steam community page. Then in the top right corner it will say that you are playing Chivalry. Click it to “join game” and this will pop open a window with the correct IP address.