:( … pre-round ...

• … the only thing i hate about this patch is the preo-round “static” … i like the timer but why cant we move anymore!!! … am i the only one who enjoyed going on a blood feast in the pre-round? …

seriously i love the new patch so far, but this … this … this is realy awful imo …

Ô Tbs!, hear my desperate cries and make so we can move in the pre-round and joyfully bath in each others blood once again!

• Totally agree with ya on this one batman.

• The only thing that confuses me is that we spawn, can’t move, then when the timer ends, we respawn again. I get all geared up to charge when the timer elapses but I end up somewhere else.

• Pre round mash ups were the best.

Maybe it should be a timer but we aren’t glued to the ground. It still eliminates confusion but its a fun 10 seconds.

• Please change this back. In the history of Chivalry’s development there have been a few changes for the worse and this is a big one. It KILLS the visceral immersion of the game to suddenly be locked in place. There was no reason to make that change! Please change it back to how it was.

• OMG, I loved the pre match shenanigans as well. Rowdy boys will be rowdy giggles. Please bring it back!

• @batman666:

… the only thing i hate about this patch is the preo-round “static” … i like the timer but why cant we move anymore!!! … am i the only one who enjoyed going on a blood feast in the pre-round? …

seriously i love the new patch so far, but this … this … this is realy awful imo …

Ô Tbs!, hear my desperate cries and make so we can move in the pre-round and joyfully bath in each others blood once again!

I disagree. I hate having a bunch of clowns swinging at me from my own team. It’s pointless and I like how the new system works…. you no longer have that Spawn, walk around for a few seconds for no reason, and then spawn again.

This new system is like how it should be… you spawn, you wait for others to spawn, then you play the normal game.

I see no point in having a consequence free TK fest.

And usually after the match actually begins a couple of clowns keep on swinging after team mates.

@Swayze’s:

Please change this back. In the history of Chivalry’s development there have been a few changes for the worse and this is a big one. It KILLS the visceral immersion of the game to suddenly be locked in place. There was no reason to make that change! Please change it back to how it was.

Yes… having you and your team mates hacking each other up before the battle is Sooooooo Immersive.

• @Cpt-Praxius:

It encourages the fun atmosphere of the game. Being locked in place violates a main tenant of game design, you should never take control away from the player. I instantly FEEL frustrated if I am in a position where I should be able to operate my avatar as normal but I cannot. It breaks immersion.

• I find it good that the “pre-rounds” are gone. Now people will have no excuse for attacking a teammate in spawn.

• @Swayze’s:

@Cpt-Praxius:

It encourages the fun atmosphere of the game

It encourages my hate for my own team mates who as I just have witnessed would take any opportunity to TK the f*** out of any situation when they’ll not get punished for it.

On our server I used to warn people not to attack their team mates before or after a round.

Personally I find it an unhonorable behavior and am glad that it has been permitted with the new patch. People need to learn discipline.

• I like it, the frozen warmup. It prevents excessive TK-ing during warmup(Not that it’s that big of a deal) and it also prevents people from not realising when the warmup has ended and the real game has begun(Which is a big deal)

I can’t even remember how many times I got TK’d at the start of Dark Forest by someone who joined the server right after the warmup had ended, and believed it to be still going.

• Not a big fan, mostly I’m completely deafened by 20 battle cries interrupting each other. Battle cries annoy me enough as is, I don’t want to be forced to listen to it!

• @Herkulades:

Not a big fan, mostly I’m completely deafened by 20 battle cries interrupting each other. Battle cries annoy me enough as is, I don’t want to be forced to listen to it!

Not reveling and shouting along with your brothers in arms. Surely thou jests?

• @SharpshotSid:

@Herkulades:

Not a big fan, mostly I’m completely deafened by 20 battle cries interrupting each other. Battle cries annoy me enough as is, I don’t want to be forced to listen to it!

Not reveling and shouting along with your brothers in arms. Surely thou jests?

Completely serious, the voice acting in the game is so brilliant in individual lines, so I don’t see the need for the abrupt battle cry spams.

• I miss killing my team. :(

• @Herkulades:

Completely serious, the voice acting in the game is so brilliant in individual lines, so I don’t see the need for the abrupt battle cry spams.

I find the joined battlecry to be very bonding with my teammates, charging as a full group, an entire force of might ready to bestow itself with merciless grace upon the enemy.

• E9RCpXMiLTA

• I don’t like this change either but it’s not a big deal. I do miss how the game used to feel more casual and rough.

• When you first got attacked pre-patch you were like wtf what is going on !

Then eventually you figured out if you joined quickly and no objective was displayed you have a free tk fest.

It did fill in 8 seconds of your life with a little excitement.

Now all I can do is crouch up and down and its annoying I cant move.

Frustrating and a poorly thought out fix for the issue.

If I had made the change and dealt with the TK just give everyone hit immunity for 8 seconds - at least we can warm up without consequence.

• I would typically just walk around during those ten seconds or so, but I agree with the guy that mentioned you should never take control away from the player. Now it’s just an incredibly boring time before round staring at a bit of wall or field.

They should just keep everyone in spectator until the actual game starts if they’re gonna go that route. I honestly find the tk-fest hilarious, it’s not like this game is meant to be taken seriously with “discipline” anyway, the humor and absurdity of the game is half the reason people are drawn to it. If this game had a more serious atmosphere, I honestly don’t think it’d do as well as it did.