Hold Banner upright

• In CTF when someone grabs a banner, it should be hold upright while sprinting. Everybody should instantly see that you’re carrying a banner. When standing still or just walking it could be let down again so you can handle it as weapon.

Also I’d like the indicator for someone having grabbed a banner to be either removed or toggleable.
    Right now you can’t really see the player model, only a giant flag icon. It’s a bit immersion breaking imo.

• Nah he’s holding it like a spear as its like a spear.

Its The longest weapon in the game by a long shot. A big jump from the normal spear which was the longest. It can easily outrange a spear. It used to be a bit shorter but way faster and it turned the MAA into an untouchable machine. I had so much power. Then they made it a bit longer and a lot slower.

• Is this pro or contra my idea?

• @Siegbert:

I’d like the indicator for someone having grabbed a banner to be either removed or toggleable.
    Right now you can’t really see the player model, only a giant flag icon. It’s a bit immersion breaking imo.

I believe all objective markers are toggeable, including the flag icon. I could be wrong though. Try pressing H(I think it was h).

@lemonater47:

Its The longest weapon in the game by a long shot. A big jump from the normal spear which was the longest. It can easily outrange a spear. It used to be a bit shorter but way faster and it turned the MAA into an untouchable machine. I had so much power. Then they made it a bit longer and a lot slower.

I wouldn’t say that it can outreach the spear easily, but rather by few centimeters at best. And the flag itself is quite slow, having windups simular to the brandistock. But whereas the Brandistock has massive damage, the flag has low damage(40-58-50 Slash, Overhead, Stab). Combined with the overal lower movement speed when carrying it, flag carriers become easy targets. I therefor don’t think that the flag is an overpowered weapon.

• @SharpshotSid:

@Siegbert:

I’d like the indicator for someone having grabbed a banner to be either removed or toggleable.

I believe all objective markers are toggeable, including the flag icon. I could be wrong though. Try pressing H(I think it was h).

I did. It’s not toggleable.
    Also, I would prefer to see the icon while the flag is still in place. It should fade away or be less striking when a player has it.

But that’s not so important for me.

I’d rather talk about holding the flag like you would normally do –> upright

• +1 for the topic idea