Attack rotation Limitation

• I can see, and even respect the ablility to rotate during a strike. The oppenent side steps and you compensate.

However I think the amount of rotation should be limited after windup has been initiated.

Limited the ability to rotate say 100 degrees in eithe direction, would even the playing field and require attack completion or a fient before another attack begins.

The way the system is now it heavily favors the attacker, or the attacker with the better connection, and tweaked dpi and controls.

Combat should be a balance between attack and defend. Nothing is more disheartening, than thinking you have avoided an overhead strike, just to have the attacker rotate 180 degrees or more to land the strike.

• Mouse sensitivity already slows down when doing certain attacks. They would have to have it cranked very high up to compensate?

• There is already a screen rotation limit in the game and it’s done perfectly as it is.

• @ReMixx:

Mouse sensitivity already slows down when doing certain attacks. They would have to have it cranked very high up to compensate?

Perhaps, but I could possible know for sure, unless i knew the other player.

@Swayze’s:

There is already a screen rotation limit in the game and it’s done perfectly as it is.

So your happy with the way its working.

Do we have any numbers on what the reductions or limitations mentioned are? 180 degree rotation on an overhead attack still seems broken to me.

But maybe there was something else going on.

• The way it works currently limits the maximum degrees you can rotate your view per tick (engine tick, not server tick, so it won’t differentiate from server to server) - which means slower weapons can be overall rotated more; but at the same time they’re slower, so they’re already easier to sidestep.

It’s independent of mouse sensitivity or DPI or anything like that.

• @SlyGoat:

The way it works currently limits the maximum degrees you can rotate your view per tick (engine tick, not server tick, so it won’t differentiate from server to server) - which means slower weapons can be overall rotated more; but at the same time they’re slower, so they’re already easier to sidestep.

If they have a greater degree of rotation, then are they really easier to dodge, being that they have more time to correct for changes in your position?

All the comments so far have been very helpful in allowing me to better understand what is happen, but if anyone has actually numbers they can share such as the number of degrees per tick that would also be helpfull.

Since in one case I dodge (MAA) past a polearm Van to his backside, did he/she really rotate 160-180 degrees to hit me with the same swing, or is it posible he feinted and hit me with another strike. Either way since I took damage before I could even turn around to face him somthing seems off.

Again it could just be bad perception on my end, and I appreciate all the feedback so far.

Mods perhaps thisthread no longer belongs in Ideas and Suggestions, I will let you make that call.

• We have to measure it IRL and then bring in Chivalry

• Arg, don’t remove this.
    Those 1v3+ fights would be almost impossible without doing maximum rotations. Nothing feels as good as wiping down 3 or 4 players who step into your very well targeted whirlwind of death.

• @nsweetman:

@SlyGoat:

The way it works currently limits the maximum degrees you can rotate your view per tick (engine tick, not server tick, so it won’t differentiate from server to server) - which means slower weapons can be overall rotated more; but at the same time they’re slower, so they’re already easier to sidestep.

If they have a greater degree of rotation, then are they really easier to dodge, being that they have more time to correct for changes in your position?

All the comments so far have been very helpful in allowing me to better understand what is happen, but if anyone has actually numbers they can share such as the number of degrees per tick that would also be helpfull.

Since in one case I dodge (MAA) past a polearm Van to his backside, did he/she really rotate 160-180 degrees to hit me with the same swing, or is it posible he feinted and hit me with another strike. Either way since I took damage before I could even turn around to face him somthing seems off.

Again it could just be bad perception on my end, and I appreciate all the feedback so far.

Mods perhaps thisthread no longer belongs in Ideas and Suggestions, I will let you make that call.

Well that vanguard you described is exactly how I kill a lot of unsuspecting people. An overhead (or a stab btw) can easily be turned roughly 180 degrees if you turn when you windup the attack.

I do this all the time to maa’s trying to circle me and not noticing that I turn my attack over this huge arc and hitting them in the face when they think they are safely behind me.

I do not disagree completely, it’s necessary for the multiple enemies situations, but it would make more sense to have a more dynamic way. For example, with an overhead it should be easy to turn when you rais it, but from the moment it comes crashing down it should not be able tot urn the same amount.
    But it’s not a high priority in my opinion

• I definitely agree with this idea. The issue is that currently, people with adjustable DPI mice can hit the max sensitivity button and pull almost instant 180’s in the middle of a swing while those of us without that ability will always be at a disadvantage (and it also allows them to perform the camera drop overhead attack exploit easier.) I’ve played against knights who will run away from you, then spin around and kill you with an overhead in less than a quarter of a second. With my mouse sensitivity, I have serious trouble even turning 90 degrees during a swing.