45 wins and 90 losses at Duels. Feel like quitting the game

• @ChuckingIt:

@The:

300-15 so far, and I have to say, I’m disliking stat tracking more and more because the game is far from balanced. I try to bring a sense of honor to this game, and because of that refuse to use certain mechanics as everyone knows. But due to those, people who choose to feint as well as kick in a shield when I switch to it are essentially invincible unless I guess correctly. It’s incredibly infuriating to lose to people who simply aren’t as good or honorable now, because it actually keeps track of that loss over your head forever. That’s terrible.

Do you use feint to cancel an attack in order to block? Or do you not use feint for any reason, be it for offensive or defensive purposes.

I do try and incorporate the cancel of an attack into a parry, yes. It’s a bit tricky but can be very effective. I also use it to cancel attacks I didn’t mean to start, or notice are out of range. I never use it offensively though.

• @Oy:

My duel ratio is around 350-90, and about 20 or so of those losses was my friend trying it out and getting decimated. Step up your game, quit whining, or go play War of the Roses.

Wow you are so awesome, well done. Lets go for beers.

• @The:

@ChuckingIt:

@The Radiant:

300-15 so far, and I have to say, I’m disliking stat tracking more and more because the game is far from balanced. I try to bring a sense of honor to this game, and because of that refuse to use certain mechanics as everyone knows. But due to those, people who choose to feint as well as kick in a shield when I switch to it are essentially invincible unless I guess correctly. It’s incredibly infuriating to lose to people who simply aren’t as good or honorable now, because it actually keeps track of that loss over your head forever. That’s terrible.

Do you use feint to cancel an attack in order to block? Or do you not use feint for any reason, be it for offensive or defensive purposes.

I do try and incorporate the cancel of an attack into a parry, yes. It’s a bit tricky but can be very effective. I also use it to cancel attacks I didn’t mean to start, or notice are out of range. I never use it offensively though.

Double tapping RMB is not tricky. Probably the best part of the feinting mechanic, which I why I think it should be changed to “can feint once every 5 seconds” or “an attack following a feint suffers a 50% damage penalty”. Both good suggestions I’ve read around here and thought of myself, the first one being superior imo.

• Once they sync the animations and add a proper cooldown, feinting shouldn’t be a problem. Or at least it won’t require psychic intuition anymore.

• @Daiyuki:

Double tapping RMB is not tricky. Probably the best part of the feinting mechanic, which I why I think it should be changed to “can feint once every 5 seconds” or “an attack following a feint suffers a 50% damage penalty”. Both good suggestions I’ve read around here and thought of myself, the first one being superior imo.

I don’t bind my feint key to the same button as block. Makes it too easy.

I do seem to handicap myself a bit. ;)

• @Daiyuki:

jacknicholsongrinningnod.gif

I like this idea a lot.

• @madhorde:

Hi,

Ive got a disastrous win/loss ratio in duels 45 wins to 90 losses . I don’t feel like playing this game anymore because I know I can never recuperate from this.

Anyone else has this kind of score? how do you feel about it?

You can recuperate from this! 45 wins is nothing, I know it isn’t easy but just forget about whether you’re winning or losing and have fun.

• I have 224 wins.
    Only 22 defeats.

Cheer up mate, you just need some training :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGai_uZUuOQ

• Your Win:Loss ratio in a duel server does not say how good or bad you are as a player. Play against good players and every time you lose, make sure you know why you lost.

Your losses means nothing if you don’t learn from them.

• @madhorde:

Its absolulty retarded playing as MAA vs vanguards who are so OP now, MAA have been nerfed and they stand no chance vs good vanguards atm.

that’s true. A Pro player with spear its like a god vs maa’s

I most play as maa and I am rank 44 w/l 320/80 but a player so good as me can beat me easily like beating a child using the spear

• @BerserkerSan:

@madhorde:

Its absolulty retarded playing as MAA vs vanguards who are so OP now, MAA have been nerfed and they stand no chance vs good vanguards atm.

that’s true. A Pro player with spear its like a god vs maa’s

I most play as maa and I am rank 44 w/l 320/80 but a player so good as me can beat me easily like beating a child using the spear

Then he is not as good as you but better than you.

• I dont personally care about my win/lost ratio…I dont play for a meaningless score… I play for fun.

Sometime I win 10 in a row, sometime I loose 10 in a row. what does it matter, its just a fucking game. If you play games only for scores, I would suggest you play single player game. because multiplayer game is mainly made for having fun. there will always be someone better than you.