FF on King in protect the king

• Can we Turn FF off on the king only in this mode? Its getting annoying to have people purposely TKing the king. Vote bans are not fast enough if they pass at all to help. The only fix I can see its to make the king impervious to FF.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before I dont have time to search for everything

• Agree. Totally agree. There should probably be some option in the admin panel.

• In my 130 hours I’ve never seen someone deliberately kill the king.

They come up and kick you sometimes but that’s it. And ive seen it accedently happen.

• @lemonater47:

In my 130 hours I’ve never seen someone deliberately kill the king.

They come up and kick you sometimes but that’s it. And ive seen it accedently happen.

I think that I’ve seen it two or three times. Luckily I can admin kick :)

• @ReMixx:

@lemonater47:

In my 130 hours I’ve never seen someone deliberately kill the king.

I think that I’ve seen it two or three times. Luckily I can admin kick :)

We New Zealanders and Australians are nice fair people. Australians may seem like dicks when you talk to them when playing online but they are fair and honourable people. They don’t try to kill the king. When a votekick used to happen everyone voted no instead of yes. And with he new votekick whenever someone has over 20% team damage he is kicked.

If you want a nice experience play on NZ or AUS servers. You’ll get called all sorts I nasty names under the sun but you won’t get people trolling in the game with objectives or votekick and stuff.

When I first started playing chivalry I thought the king was a bit so I attacked him occasionally and thought the AI was really good as he would kick me back or hit me back.

Then I realised I was pissing off a real person instead of a bot.

F10 moment.

• Since FF is already disabled for killing your own villagers, I assume the reason it’s enabled on king is either:

1. So that defending players can’t just swing wildly near the king, or
    2. So that the king can’t go on a killing spree.

If (1), I don’t really see this as an issue, but a possible solution would be to simply prevent any single player from doing more than a certain amount of damage to the king.
    If (2), your team is f***ed anyway. ;p

• I Tk’ed the king like two days ago.
    Completely his fault, he got involved in every fights, he was low on health, I was fighting an attacker and he came running right under my sword while I was striking.

First thing that should be done about the King would be a better way of selecting him.

• @turnbullTeRRoR:

Can we Turn FF off on the king only in this mode? Its getting annoying to have people purposely TKing the king. Vote bans are not fast enough if they pass at all to help. The only fix I can see its to make the king impervious to FF.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before I dont have time to search for everything

Would be too easy to defend king with FF turned off.

• 130 hours and you have not seen it? Good god man give me your history list I see it ALL THE TIME. Voteban/kick is nice, but not when the idiot has about 90 seconds to attack the king till he dies and respawns to try some more. It ruins the map.

• FF is fine. King’s need to look out for defecter’s on the battlefield:)

• What about this, people trying to hurt the king take the damage instead?

Honestly I don’t know why this isn’t a general rule like in M&B, except for realism, but realism in this case comes second to troll control.

• Absolutely noobies can kill the own king making their team lose! :jmad:

• @Thatoneguy5314:

Absolutely noobies can kill the own king making their team lose! :jmad:

That’s why when I’m king I don’t get involved.

That’s the only mission where I tell people to be archers when I’m the defenders. On that part. Archers are so useful in the throne room. Many people object to it but it works so well. And if an enemy does get close they are perfect meat shields. And more archers means less of a clusterfuck in melee reducing your chance of getting hit by your own team.

• Its tough to do this, for the reasons already stated.

However I have seen the King intention TK’d many a time, I have even seen players switch teams just to do so.

It just ruins the gameplay for everyone involved, minus the 2 people who had a good laugh at everyones expense.