Australian Servers in Beta?

• Hey guys, congratulations on hitting your KS goal and for making what looks to be a stellar game. I do however have one query, will there be some good (0-90 ping) Australian servers in beta? Because it’s really the difference between waiting for the release and just paying the $35 for the DD edition, versus $50 for Beta access. I trust the developers enough to tell the truth, so will there be Australian servers for beta? Because I WANT to play and love your game. Sincerely a big, although recent, fan!

• At this point it’s really hard to say where we’ll be locating our servers for the beta as we do not have a complete picture of where most of the demand is coming from. If we have enough players from Australia, we will put a server in Australia. However, our game does perform reasonably well on higher ping levels. We have players from California and Sweden connect fine to our game server in New York. So I think you’ll be okay regardless of where we place our servers :)

• @b3h47pte:

At this point it’s really hard to say where we’ll be locating our servers for the beta as we do not have a complete picture of where most of the demand is coming from. If we have enough players from Australia, we will put a server in Australia. However, our game does perform reasonably well on higher ping levels. We have players from California and Sweden connect fine to our game server in New York. So I think you’ll be okay regardless of where we place our servers :)

Players in California and Sweden don’t use Stone Age internet like us Aussies :P

Hopefully there will be enough aussies to get an official server up, or perhaps one of the game host websites will put up servers for the Beta anyway, as is the case with most game beta’s.

In any case, I will still play with 250ping on a US server if I absolutely have to, just to see the awesomeness :D

• Bloody oath! I would love low ping beta Access with my $50 pledge but I will defiantly go at it with at least 400ms ha ha That is pre high ping! But I would be glad to deal with it for this awesome game :D

• @KAIOSDEFECT:

Bloody oath! I would love low ping beta Access with my $50 pledge but I will defiantly go at it with at least 400ms ha ha That is pre high ping! But I would be glad to deal with it for this awesome game :D

We could always be an archer, fire off random shots and hope you hit something :P Or at least light villages on fire and kill villagers. But 400ms ping in melee combat……not happening hahaha.

• ha ha yah It takes good skill to shoot and kill with bows and arrows with bad ping ha ha :D

• Request for Australian beta server here as well.

….Roses has Australian beta servers, five of 'em. Surely you’re not going to let them show you up? 8-)

• +1 Aussie

• +1 Aussie
    And I have 2 friends I told to buy the $50 one too :p

• PLEASE!!! Have an aussie server, PLEASE. i have been a huge fan since AOC and have been waiting for the day to come where i could play chivalry. i purposely bought the kickstarter beta version specifically so i could play the beta properly, and would hate to have to experience it at 300ms ping, which is the usual Australian ping to american servers

EDIT: Just wanted to add that 4 of my friends have also paid for the beta, and are also Australians

• I have not seen any other votes besides Australians an if i counted all the votes that i have seen i think it would be in between 16 and 20 ha ha just on the forum and kickstarter page.

also post where you live on this forum :D viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1926

• I’ve put my vote in that tally, but I also have to mention I’ve bugged another 3 Australians to buy the 4 pack with me. Australian servers ho!

• I know at least 4 other Aussies joining the beta.

• I’m from down under as well, as a matter of fact.

• my guess to how many votes there were for Australian servers was spot on! ha ha
    on the Where do you live? topic page: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1926&p=14640#p14640
    the number of Australian/New Zealand votes was 2,now after I posted on the kickstarter page and this forum about it The Australian/New Zealand votes have jumped to 16 over today ha ha :D

• Devs, as you can see the highest votes on that thread (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1926) are from australians, so please just give us at least one server

• @b3h47pte:

At this point it’s really hard to say where we’ll be locating our servers for the beta as we do not have a complete picture of where most of the demand is coming from. If we have enough players from Australia, we will put a server in Australia. However, our game does perform reasonably well on higher ping levels. We have players from California and Sweden connect fine to our game server in New York. So I think you’ll be okay regardless of where we place our servers :)

i live in Brazil, will there be a server in south america or at least central,(not in beta but when the game lunches)

• @Breno:

@b3h47pte:

i live in Brazil, will there be a server in south america or at least central,(not in beta but when the game lunches)

I guess when the game launches a brazilian clan can put up a br server, just like in counter strike. Its not very expensive, if you can get a few people to contribute.

• Aussie here. Hoping for aussie server in beta.

• Even if there is no official aussie server, i’m sure with dedicated server support in the beta, someone out there will host servers.