Australian Servers in Beta?

• @Breno:

@b3h47pte:

At this point it’s really hard to say where we’ll be locating our servers for the beta as we do not have a complete picture of where most of the demand is coming from. If we have enough players from Australia, we will put a server in Australia. However, our game does perform reasonably well on higher ping levels. We have players from California and Sweden connect fine to our game server in New York. So I think you’ll be okay regardless of where we place our servers :)

i live in Brazil, will there be a server in south america or at least central,(not in beta but when the game lunches)

I guess when the game launches a brazilian clan can put up a br server, just like in counter strike. Its not very expensive, if you can get a few people to contribute.

• Aussie here. Hoping for aussie server in beta.

• Even if there is no official aussie server, i’m sure with dedicated server support in the beta, someone out there will host servers.

• I sure hope there’s LAN or dedicated server support built in from the get-go, was playing AoC with friends today to hype them up for CMW over LAN.

• Yah LAN would be amazing for this game :D

• What are the specs of what a 32 player server needs?

Ie CPU, RAM and recommend Bandwidth a month.

Happy to host atleast one on my VPS (if it meets specs)

• Let’s see…our current VPS is running
    Intel Xeon W3520 2.67Ghz (2CPU)
    2GB RAM

It runs decently but I don’t think that’ll be able to run 32 players smoothly.

We’re not quite sure of the bandwidth requirements at the moment. It’ll depend on a lot of factors like how many players you allow on your server and what you set the client rate at. As we get more information we’ll let you know :)

• @b3h47pte:

Let’s see…our current VPS is running
    Intel Xeon W3520 2.67Ghz (2CPU)
    2GB RAM

It runs decently but I don’t think that’ll be able to run 32 players smoothly.

We’re not quite sure of the bandwidth requirements at the moment. It’ll depend on a lot of factors like how many players you allow on your server and what you set the client rate at. As we get more information we’ll let you know :)

Thanks!

Is the server software linux?

• We will officially support Windows servers.
    However, I have seen some people run servers on Linux distros using Wine. However, we will not be officially supporting that :)

• Hello, as far as I know, I am the only Australian closed alpha tester for chivalry.

I have a few things to say: First, when playing on the official alpha test server, chivalry is very much playable with 300 ping. I can dodge, block, attack. Only thing I struggle with is bows(but that may be just because I’m terrible with bows in games anyway).

Second, I tested creatng a public server in australia using a vps and windows server 2008 R2. It worked, wasn’t exactly powerful enough(but hey, it was a vps). Anyway, I had 60 ping and that was also pretty nice. Unless something changes, anyone will be able to create a non dedicated server provided they have a fast enough upload rate (I’d recommend 5mbps upload minimum, adsl2+ is 0.85(1, but i get 0.85 constant)).

Aside from that, I too agree that a single local australian official server should be provided. The rest can be rented out via Hypernia or other means. But the game is definitely more playable at higher pings than the previous game: age of chivalry(which I considered anything above 70 ping near impossible).

• Good on ya. great post, very informing thank you. I can not wait for this game :D

• With mere hours to go, can we get official confirmation on a local Beta server? It’d be a tremendous help in convincing a couple more friends to increase their pledge so we can squeeze over 80k.

• We’re drawing closer to the end of talks with our sever provider so nothing is yet confirmed but we are planning on providing an Australian server.

• YAY!!! Aussie server for Beta. I will be getting a 32 slot server once game is released unless it can be done during beta.

Thank you.