Is parry now broken?

• Me and a lots of friends, realized that since the last patch is has been very difficult to land parries. Like, sometimes parries you see you timed well and would’ve worked pre-patch, now you try it and get hit.

Anyone noticed this too? It just feels like parries’ timing got messed up or something.

• Seems fine to me.

• I’ve parried every attack I’ve attempted to parry.

Must be user.

• yes the parry animation has been slightly changed to stop a bug that allowed superfast parries, also with the addition of special daze and flinchs after recovery the metagame has slightly changed. But you’l get used to it in a day or so.

• Parry is glitched. It doesn’t always register, leading to a lot of unwarranted deaths.

• Yeah, I have seen a few cases with parry myself where I’m sure I parried right but I still get hit. Only a few times though, doesn’t seem to happen often.

• The only parries that don’t work for me are either my mistake (being too slow or not aiming at their swing well enough) or from facehuggers. That’s nothing new with the patch though. Every once in a while a parry fails that very obviously should have worked by I just put it down to lag and move on.

• I’ve experienced this, too. Happens a whole lot less when you have good ping.

• Parry fails when it ought not to a lot more frequently after this patch, and users that say otherwise are either delusional or were already bad at parrying.

• Yeah I have noticed this too, although I obviously have no way of knowing for sure 100% that it wasn’t just a small error… But all I know now is that post patch I am sometimes getting killed by very low ranked MAA who just kill me in one combo, something that never, ever happened pre-patch…

• Seen this actually a lot in duel servers. Especially with 1h weapons. I did parry leftwhen he attaks from right (like always) but now it happens that the weapon goes thru. Happened before , but now it happens A LOT more. Theres like a 20% chance that it goes thru each duel i have against a 1h

• @Bloodhead:

Yeah I have noticed this too, although I obviously have no way of knowing for sure 100% that it wasn’t just a small error… But all I know now is that post patch I am sometimes getting killed by very low ranked MAA who just kill me in one combo, something that never, ever happened pre-patch…

Yes, exactly this, before the patch I’ve never had this happening and after it a few MAA who spam LMB all the time just ignored my parry which was a 100% sure timed right and killed me with a combo where the parry should have stopped them. This happened only a few times though, it’s not as if it’s something really constant.

• Have to add to this. I’ve watched weapons go clean through my own weapon model while parrying lately. It doesn’t happen often, but it happens enough to where it’s starting to become annoying.

I don’t know if it’s something I’m doing, or should be doing differently, but it looks ridiculous on my screen to watch swings completely ignore my correctly timed, correctly positioned parry.

Was parry adjusted at all in the patch: the timings, the protectable area, anything?

• I’ve noticed this especially with 1 handers. I don’t know if the Falchion has always been this way, but this is what it seems like when attempting to parry most single handed weapons:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK0KwR8qBlo

It almost seems like the hitbox for horizontal strikes is far wider than it should be. I think the reason I’ve noticed this more is that my deaths by LMB spamming new players is much higher than it has been in the past.

• On the attacking end, I’ve noticed that many of my swings are getting through parries more easily than normal, even against top-end duelists. I suspect that the parry hitbox has indeed been reduced in size. Coupled with the similar shield hitbox nerf and daze-on-kick, defensive play is far inferior to offensive play now. Will do some tests later on to see if I can confirm this.

• I think the main problem is the change in cooldown times for swings. I do fine 1v1, but if I have two people coming after me I’m certain I’ll die, because I can’t block in time to stop them. Before, I could outsmart them and usually do well but not it’s hopeless if I see two people.

• I too have noticed far more failed parrys and blocks that pre patch would have been fine. I have also noticed my weapon going right into an enemies model doing no damage. Not sure what the hell happened with the patch to cause such horrid hit and parry detections but my KDR as well as my accuracy has gone way down.

• @Retsnom:

I too have noticed far more failed parrys and blocks that pre patch would have been fine. I have also noticed my weapon going right into an enemies model doing no damage. Not sure what the hell happened with the patch to cause such horrid hit and parry detections but my KDR as well as my accuracy has gone way down.

It sounds like you’re just bad, even with apparent cheating and experience.

• This needs to be fixed immediatly. This , the desynced slowmo animations that go right trough your parry and the fake-feint counterattacks need to be patched asap

• @KILLBANDS:

@Retsnom:

I too have noticed far more failed parrys and blocks that pre patch would have been fine. I have also noticed my weapon going right into an enemies model doing no damage. Not sure what the hell happened with the patch to cause such horrid hit and parry detections but my KDR as well as my accuracy has gone way down.

It sounds like you’re just bad, even with apparent cheating and experience.

How exactly does that mean he is “just bad” if he didn’t have the issue pre-patch and other people are also reporting the same thing?