Too many attack buttons

• I am not really coming here with a solution, but there are now too many attack buttons with the alternate attacks and I wish there was a way to simplify the system.

• I consider to be NOT enough.
    I need left and right swing, I need more manipulations with shields, I need many things. Totally against.

• Lets get real. The majority of players rely solely on spamming LMB so taking away attacks is a ridiculous idea.

• You have ten fingers. So they can have ten buttons.

Its not hard to hold down alt when your attacking. You can change it too whatever you like. Many people change it to buttons on their mice. But mine only has three.

Its so useful for polearms, as its you can do an uppercut that no one sees coming.

• Well, I guess I am starting to get used to it, and it seems many people don’t even know it exists because they are caught totally off guard.

Still, it doesn’t seem very “discoverable”, which is probably why many people haven’t seemed to notice it is in the game.

• @gentronseven:

Well, I guess I am starting to get used to it, and it seems many people don’t even know it exists because they are caught totally off guard.

Still, it doesn’t seem very “discoverable”, which is probably why many people haven’t seemed to notice it is in the game.

That’s because many people don’t seem to notice the “Training” button on the main screen and go right to the multiplayer tab >_>

• They probably didn’t play the training again because they are long time players who don’t know.

Does it mention alternate attack in the training now?

• I have a mouse with exactly 2 thumb-buttons, and it was pretty overwhelming at first to see those extra options, but I’ve managed to keep the attack shortcuts reasonable:

left-click: swing
    forward-thumb: poke
    back-thumb: overhead

ALT: alternative swing

(I don’t even using scrolling for any swings - scroll up is weapon slot 1, and scroll down is weapon slot 2 and 3.)

This way I can still (fairly) reasonably execute the alt-swing, without needing the extra controls specifically for “alt swing” and “alt overhead”. (not that I’ve ever found a use for alt-overhead)
    I just keep my thumb on the edge of the spacebar, next to ALT.

• Just spam the LMB as everyone else does.
    Works perfectly for killing everything around you. AND: If you hit the Mouse Button hard enough, you can’t even get interrupted in your slashing glory!

Nah, I LOVE the diversity of the game and the alternative swings/overheads rule.
    Want MOAR options. Noobs can slash, I can overhead, kick, block, etc. :p

• @I:

I have a mouse with exactly 2 thumb-buttons, and it was pretty overwhelming at first to see those extra options, but I’ve managed to keep the attack shortcuts reasonable:

left-click: swing
    forward-thumb: poke
    back-thumb: overhead

ALT: alternative swing

(I don’t even using scrolling for any swings - scroll up is weapon slot 1, and scroll down is weapon slot 2 and 3.)

This way I can still (fairly) reasonably execute the alt-swing, without needing the extra controls specifically for “alt swing” and “alt overhead”. (not that I’ve ever found a use for alt-overhead)
    I just keep my thumb on the edge of the spacebar, next to ALT.

Alt overhead with polearms. Its an uppercut. And no one sees it coming.