What We Have All Been Waiting For?

• Hi guys,

I have come to the conclusion that this community requires a large community website dedicated to this game.

The goal is to create a website which provides massive value to you all and to aid the game and the developers in it’s growth. A central hub if you will. I feel something like this is required.

For the past weeks I have been busy constructing a site, it is not yet ready, but when it is it will provide:

Up to date news and information
    Videos
    Pictures of the day
    Forums
    Guides
    Map layouts
    Tips & tricks
    Training
    Tournaments
    Clan Roster

And much more.

The name of the site is called Chivalry Chronicles.

I hope you are excited, as much as I am looking forward to providing huge information value for the community, I want this site to become the central hub of this game to keep the buzz going.

I want to listen to you guys, so tell me what else you feel the site should contain and what you want (inc the moderators/developers).

Comments and questions welcome.

:)

• Hmm I appreciate the effort but, don’t we really have all this here already though? We even have an entire forum section dedicated to tips and guides now.

• Well you certainly know how to knock the wind out of a projects sails.

Is this how everyone else feels also?

Seems as if I have wasted my time.

• Apologies, I wasn’t trying to put you down.

Just wondering with it duplicating a lot of what we have that’s all.
    People are absolutely free to use what they wish if they feel that is better! :)

• Hate to say it, but BobT36 has a point. The forum part is pretty much covered here, and the community isn’t big enough to split it onto lots of different forums. However, the rest of the points in your main post looks like it could turn out well. I’d follow your site for updates, videos, etc. I think a blog-ish site would be cool! :)

• I also agree - the forums are the only community site for the game needed. As a plus - the devs browse the topics and feedback here.

Additional sites are not needed, but feel free to blog about the game if you wish.

• @Boss:

Well you certainly know how to knock the wind out of a projects sails.

If you’re interested in running a community spotlight-bloggy thing, you should speak with us :)

• @ReMixx:

@Boss:

Well you certainly know how to knock the wind out of a projects sails.

If you’re interested in running a community spotlight-bloggy thing, you should speak with us :)

Heh yeah I should have thought about it that way instead, it could actually help a lot, hmm…

Yes OP, definately send us a PM (especially to Kimiko) and show us what you’re thinking of. :)

Spoilers… ;)

• I think other than the forums, it sounds like a nice idea. I mean just think of it as a fan page, like so many other games/shows, etc has. It’ll bring more notice to the game. I say go for it ^^. It’s just something you’ll have to do yourself and perhaps get some other people from the community to work with you on it.

• Yes the forum part is not necessary but a blog/news site could be great.

Whilst the forum contains a lot of the info you could ever need I have no doubt that people might not be willing to look at walls of forum text for all their information so something more friendly, graphical and generally…erm…websitey probably isn’t a bad idea.

I’d say run with it if you can make it work.

• If it focuses on map layouts and weapon stats I could see the site being very useful, similar to how synthic.com acts for Battlefield 3. I mean, yes we have that google spreadsheet that we pass around, but if it was presented on a website in a clear, easy-to-read manner with accompanying graphs it’d be doing the community a great service. Not to mention there nowhere with overviews and strats of the maps.

• I have read your comments.

A second forum is not necessary, I would simply provide a link to this forum.

However the rest of the points I mentioned I think would benefit everyone.

Even extracting information from these threads and compiling in to an easier format etc.

Ok, I will continue, hoping to have it done in the next couple of weeks.

The site is being constructed in Wordpress, so if there are any writers that interested in helping me blog please let me know. I also have a Multiplay server that I will dedicate as the site server to increase awareness.

Any more thoughts and comments please reply and let me know. Mods, feel free to PM me.

I will provide updates with my progression :)

• Looking forward to it!

• Guys,

Ok it’s been awhile, and when I previously posted a couple of months have passed. I have been busy working away making this community site.

I have had many dicussions in-game with people that seem to be very excited about this site I am building.

I have scaled the Internet for as much useful information as possible

So far I have the following intergrated:

• News
    • About the game
    • Classes
    • Weapons - Including graphical statistics
    • Maps overviews (birdseye views)
    • Basic and Adv training guides, information and videos
    • Clan Roster submission
    • Media - Including all the best videos and pictures I could find
    • Offical server list
    • Server commands
    • Steam network matience and network status

And lots more.

I’m trying to create the main hub for Chivalry. All the valuable and helpful data in one easy to digest place.

What else would you guys find useful? Load it on, I want this site to be the most valauble Chivalry site in town.

Let’s get excited and help me make this work.

Looking to launch June.

I will upload a screenshot later.

• Screenshots:

http://snag.gy/gEF1B.jpg

http://snag.gy/JcYXg.jpg

What do you guys think?

Still a lot more to do :)

• Be nice to have links to all the competitive matches listed in one place.

• @gregcau:

Be nice to have links to all the competitive matches listed in one place.

Good point, that’s now on my list.

• Cool. Keep up the good work.

• I have created a sign up page for everyone that wants to be notified via email when the site goes live, sign up here:

http://goo.gl/MpbDe

So far I have had 76 previous sign ups, hopefully this will make it easier for you guys :)

• Breath bated.