[Duel mode suggestion] Opponent highlighted on scoreboard

• I’ve got this simple suggestion/wish:

would it be possible to have your opponent in Duel mode be highlighted on the scoreboard? At the beginning of a round against a new opponent, I always like to check the height of his level and how he has been performing (wins/losses) on the current map, just to know what I’m up against.

Currently, you’ve got to be really quick (5 seconds max) and scan the scoreboard for his name, and often enough I fail to locate him on the scoreboard before the round starts. Especially on a server with 20+ players this happens a lot. Highlighting an opponent would enable you to check someone’s stats within 1 or 2 seconds, and you’ll always be ready before the start of the round.

Any opinions about this?

• No one?

• @Lord:

I’ve got this simple suggestion/wish:

would it be possible to have your opponent in Duel mode be highlighted on the scoreboard? At the beginning of a round against a new opponent, I always like to check the height of his level and how he has been performing (wins/losses) on the current map, just to know what I’m up against.

Currently, you’ve got to be really quick (5 seconds max) and scan the scoreboard for his name, and often enough I fail to locate him on the scoreboard before the round starts. Especially on a server with 20+ players this happens a lot. Highlighting an opponent would enable you to check someone’s stats within 1 or 2 seconds, and you’ll always be ready before the start of the round.

Any opinions about this?

Or maybe an on-screen window at all times to show who you’re fighting?

• Absolutely no body aint got time for searchin. :)

• @Thatoneguy5314:

Absolutely no body aint got time for searchin. :)

Well yeah, that’s the point. 8-)

• /signed

• Meh. I have a good enough memory to know the names of my opponents and how they’ve been doing without needing to check every 5 seconds.

It already displays your current opponent’s name, why would you need anything else? You were most likely just looking at the scoreboard prior to the duel.

• @Daiyuki:

Meh. I have a good enough memory to know the names of my opponents and how they’ve been doing without needing to check every 5 seconds.

It already displays your current opponent’s name, why would you need anything else? You were most likely just looking at the scoreboard prior to the duel.

First of all, congratulations on your exquisite memory. Let me ask you a question: how would having your opponent highlighted on the scoreboard hinder you in the way you’re doing this now? Would it at all?

Personally, I’d rather skip the whole memorizing the scoreboard thing (especially on 32 player servers) and see within a fraction of a second who and what I’m up against. People entering and leaving the servers adds to that as well.
    And in between duels, I don’t want to study the scoreboard, but maybe type something, look at other duels or briefly walk away from the computer to get something to drink (I know, it’s insane).