Parrying Dagger For Flail

• I hate the buckler. This idea is something along the lines of a parrying dagger or some way of using parry instead of crap ass buckler with the flail. As it stands now, I will not use the flail because shields are stupid. I’d like to hear what everyone else thinks too! Thanks for reading!

• @Slaughtervomit:

I hate the buckler. This idea is something along the lines of a parrying dagger or some way of using parry instead of crap ass buckler with the flail. As it stands now, I will not use the flail because shields are stupid. I’d like to hear what everyone else thinks too! Thanks for reading!

I much agree, the buckler does next to nothing with the flail.

• I really don’t see the problem.

Don’t you know how to use the buckler?

You obviously don’t play javelin often.

• @lemonater47:

I really don’t see the problem.

O’course not :P. I’ve not gotten any kills as archer but for 1 with longbow, about 50 with crossbow, and about 400 with the spammable shortsword/saber/cudgel.

• @Hadron:

@lemonater47:

O’course not :P. I’ve not gotten any kills as archer but for 1 with longbow, about 50 with crossbow, and about 400 with the spammable shortsword/saber/cudgel.

I’m one of the 3% that is a veteran archer.

Well until they took my helmet away.

• @lemonater47:

I don’t play it that often, but I unlocked everything for every class… I put my buckler away when I melee with secondary and would do it with javs themselves if I could.

I know how to use the buckler, but I much much prefer parrying shit than hiding behind a stupid shield.

• @Slaughtervomit:

@lemonater47:

I don’t play it that often, but I unlocked everything for every class… I put my buckler away when I melee with secondary and would do it with javs themselves if I could.

I know how to use the buckler, but I much much prefer parrying shit than hiding behind a stupid shield.

I feel to powerful with a flail. There has to be something to make it bad. Slow blocking is it.

What’s wrong with the buckler? I haven’t heard anything other than it sucks. How?

• What I’d like to see is an actual buckler rather than the medium-sized wooden shield in the game. The “buckler” model obstructs vision way too much for its limited blocking ability, it’s a massive handicap compared to being shieldless.

• @Tycn:

What I’d like to see is an actual buckler rather than the medium-sized wooden shield in the game. The “buckler” model obstructs vision way too much for its limited blocking ability, it’s a massive handicap compared to being shieldless.

He doesn’t want anything to hit his face.

It would be kinda pointless if your head was sticking out. And the buckler isn’t a slow shield. Its like a slower parry with some ranged protection.

• AMEN. I would rather have throwing axes and not be able to parry at all lol

• They should just make it so you can parry with the handle and it has same block range as dagger

• Makes sense that you’d want to hold it high but that doesn’t change the fact that it’s much more obtrusive than the heater or kite shield but offers substantially less coverage.

The animations in first person aren’t the same as third person either, so it could still potentially be tweaked to block less of your view.

• @Monster:

AMEN. I would rather have throwing axes and not be able to parry at all lol

That would encourage button mashing.

And the handle is really small, its why they have the buckler. What’s wrong with it I always ask this question and never get an answer.

And why do you always make two posts each time. Put it in one.

• I’m one of the 3% that is a veteran archer.

Is that a real stat? Archer is my weakest class and I’m vet in it.

• Why do people always say stuff like “I’d rather have throwing axes/knives than the shield”? Having a shield up completely negates projectiles, so its pretty pointless throwing them against a shield wielder. Not to mention even throwing at someone without shields is difficult enough. Just that alone would be reason enough to use a shield; if you don’t like it in combat, simply put it away and bring it out when you’re facing projectile pussies.