Clan helmets

• It would be a great feature, perhaps for sometime in the future, to allow clans or individuals to wear custom texture helmets or armbands or something else to visually signify their team.

• If Torn Banner hosted some ultimate clan tournament, maybe the winning clan could have custom helmets.

It would be a slight challenge to regulate it though. What if someone leaves the clan, do they still keep the helmet? Do future clan members retroactively get the helmet?

• @ReMixx:

If Torn Banner hosted some ultimate clan tournament, maybe the winning clan could have custom helmets.

It would be a slight challenge to regulate it though. What if someone leaves the clan, do they still keep the helmet? Do future clan members retroactively get the helmet?

Well you can link the helmet to a Steam Group ID. Then it’s up to whoever owns the Steam Group who has access to the helmet.

• Speaking of helmets…

1. What happened to the Veteran Helmets? They kinda don’t work for me anymore.
    2. I don’t really care about 1, but my Kickstarter Helmet for the Masons doesn’t work at all. Everything fine with the Agathian one.
    And why does the traiterous king Malric wear MY helmet? :x

• It could be visible only for clan members, or be organised as blazons in Mount and Blade. They can imply something like surcoats. Something like 30 types of them. If somebody is in clan, there should be some mechanics that will allow them to use one surcoat. Same thing could be done with helmets - one must be standard, one for veterans, one standard and veteran for clans. So clan members see each other in different helmets.

• Releasing the SDK (maybe, some day…) would help ppl to create new stuff like helmets or let’s call ‘em designs.
    Like a different emblem for you character or somethin’.

More customization in general would sure be fine but the devs already know that and call me stupid if I’m wrong but they’re actually working on more individual customization, aren’t they? ;)

• @LAVA:

It would be a great feature, perhaps for sometime in the future, to allow clans or individuals to wear custom texture helmets or armbands or something else to visually signify their team.

I would like to see this. I think it would also act as a better way of identifying buddies without the need for floating nametags (for people that don’t like immersion breaking hud clutter).

In fact, even if just for now, it would be great if your steam friends could appear in a slightly different texture (maybe invert the blue/gold or red/black colours for example)- just some aesthetic that only you can locally see to identify them without the need for hud elements.