Vote kicked for winning?

• Hello, i brought chivalry yesterday and this morning i thought “might as-well play a game before going out” i joined a team objective where it was 2v7. i thought “might aswell join the 2 players” and then after 4-5 minutes i started getting alot of kills, i ended up 16-4 and i got votekicked? i never talked in the chat and i didnt teamkill ANYONE. the people on my team voted no. but everyone on the other team voted yes? why is this able to happen? why isnt there a “reason” for votekicking?

• If things are as one sided as you say, you were votekicked because everyone around you is an asshole. That was the reason. Nobody said it had to be good. 8-)

• @Unit:

If things are as one sided as you say, you were votekicked bcause everyone around you is an asshole. That was the reason. Nobody said it had to be good. 8-)

yeah i dont understand why they would of had a reason to votekick other than just to be assholes :I still loving this game though!

• Votekicking is less like a court and more like mob justice. It’s possible that not everyone on the other team was being malicious, but only 1 or 2 people, and others just voted “yes” because people often assume there was a good reason. Sometimes just asking “Why?” in chat or saying something like “huh? reason?” can prevent this and make people a bit more skeptical.

• You got kicked because you were destroying them.

That’s it.

• @Blackfire2918:

Hello, i brought chivalry yesterday and this morning i thought “might as-well play a game before going out” i joined a team objective where it was 2v7. i thought “might aswell join the 2 players” and then after 4-5 minutes i started getting alot of kills, i ended up 16-4 and i got votekicked? i never talked in the chat and i didnt teamkill ANYONE. the people on my team voted no. but everyone on the other team voted yes? why is this able to happen? why isnt there a “reason” for votekicking?

Getting kicked for being good is form of compliment.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Try that with duel servers, join, get a decent score for a few games, and if some cretin will decide to votekick you, good luck not getting booted out of the server.

• @K7:

@rumpelstiltskin:

Try that with duel servers, join, get a decent score for a few games, and if some cretin will decide to votekick you, good luck not getting booted out of the server.

I believe that happened to everyone at some point. I’d recommend you to try playing on servers with disabled votes.

• I have been IP banned from a duel server. The only possible reason I can come up with is that I slayed the server admin and he did not like it. so yah, you’ll get kicked and banned for no reason, but better a couple of innocent people get kicked than a thousand idiots roam free… I guess.

• If they put in a votekick reason at least some people might not kick if it said

Reason: Team Killing

and then

0% damage to team

**I WANT A VOTE KICK REASON

• I want milk! I want cookies! I don’t wanna go to bed, mommy!

• @gregcau:

If they put in a votekick reason at least some people might not kick if it said

Reason: Team Killing

and then

0% damage to team

**I WANT A VOTE KICK REASON

You can always type reason in chat before voting.

• I wish you could tell who was making votekicks. I was playing FFA earlier and for about 3 rounds someone kept making votes against me and some dude going around fisting people. It’s pretty annoying. Perhaps it’s already in the game and I’m blind, heh.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

This.

I’d imagine that the majority of arsewipes who votekick for stupid reasons anyways would just put “Fag” or “dfsidhisuhfi\3” or “Hax0r” or whatever in, and people would still just click yes anyway.

• @BobT36:

@rumpelstiltskin:

This.

I’d imagine that the majority of arsewipes who votekick for stupid reasons anyways would just put “Fag” or “dfsidhisuhfi\3” or “Hax0r” or whatever in, and people would still just click yes anyway.

No, no, no…

Ugh.

You have a list of pre-defined reasons

Teamkiller
    Idle
    Spamming

thats about it unless you think of another worthy category

a) You FORCE them to pick one
    b) Players can THEN marry up the reason with the TK% Idle% or Chatbox

See - then most reasonable people will make a spontaneous decision that matches the two.

AS IT IS NOBODY SPECIFIES A REASON SO PEOPLE CHOOSE BASED ON NOTHING AT ALL EXCEPT THEIR PERCEPTION OF AN ACCEPTABLE TK% or Idle time.

Add reason and you will get better votekicking. Yes not perfect but better.

• @gregcau:

Teamkiller
    Idle
    Spamming

Excellent idea. I can’t think of a single valid vote-kick that could not be categorized into one of those reasons. (harassment could be classified as “spamming”) It lowers the “mob justice” aspect, it makes it more of an (amateur) jury, comparing the claim to the evidence. (as you nicely summarized, above)

Lacking this, though, it still seems to work to simply ask for a reason… although it wastes valuable seconds while the vote-kick ticks down.

• @gregcau:

@BobT36:

@rumpelstiltskin:

This.

No, no, no…

Ugh.

Teamkiller
    Idle
    Spamming

See - then most reasonable people will make a spontaneous decision that matches the two.

AS IT IS NOBODY SPECIFIES A REASON SO PEOPLE CHOOSE BASED ON NOTHING AT ALL EXCEPT THEIR PERCEPTION OF AN ACCEPTABLE TK% or Idle time.

Add reason and you will get better votekicking. Yes not perfect but better.

No, Just no…

Why would you need a ‘TK’ message as kick If you can now see the amount of teamdmg done when a kick is placed?

“Idle” would just be a retarded option, If someone would have to brb 1 minute and was just standing there IDLE… You think its right he would get kicked?

Considering YOU would add this reason, Means any1 being Idle would deserve to be kicked, Even the top player who has to brb a few minutes for something important…

Why do you even need the “spamming” reason? If one is spamming, Everyone in the whole damn game can see it, His kick will obvious go through as enough evidence is show…

Also, your reply is in no way a solution to the OP… The enemy team obviously kicked him cause they couln’t stand getting owned by one man, They got mad & kicked him, Do you really think he would have survived that kick If the reason was spamming or whatever? Nope, It would have just gone through, No matter.

Your suggestion is ridiculous and will never be Implented Ingame, I am 100% positive.

• “Idle” would just be a retarded option, If someone would have to brb 1 minute and was just standing there IDLE… You think its right he would get kicked?

There is already the idle status showing up when the votekick is called in for voting, provided the player is idle, of course. I’ve seen it. I think if someone is idle for 1-2 minutes is warranting a kick as if you don’t play the game you can as well quit it and free up a slot for someone who’ll be playing and helping his team to achieve the objectives. If something is more important than playing, then stop playing. It’s that simple.

The only reason the OP has been votekicked was that he was killing the opposing team, consisting of 7 players while he had 2 at his side. That was just enough votes needed (assuming the minimum was 65% they had 70% for YES and 30% for NO) and the reason was he’s been too good for them. If there would be more people I think the vote would never pass as you’d require more people and he would had more teammates to vote “NO” for (just one more would have suffice).

• @Holy.Death:

“Idle” would just be a retarded option, If someone would have to brb 1 minute and was just standing there IDLE… You think its right he would get kicked?

There is already the idle status showing up when the votekick is called in for voting, provided the player is idle, of course. I’ve seen it. I think if someone is idle for 1-2 minutes is warranting a kick as if you don’t play the game you can as well quit it and free up a slot for someone who’ll be playing and helping his team to achieve the objectives. If something is more important than playing, then stop playing. It’s that simple.

The only reason the OP has been votekicked was that he was killing the opposing team, consisting of 7 players while he had 2 at his side. That was just enough votes needed (assuming the minimum was 65% they had 70% for YES and 30% for NO) and the reason was he’s been too good for them. If there would be more people I think the vote would never pass as you’d require more people and he would had more teammates to vote “NO” for (just one more would have suffice).

Nice logic, Top player has to afk for 2 minutes, Better leave to let someone else play. It doesnt matter if you have double the score of the second player. It would take as much time for the new player, Considering Joining load time, Picking team,class,weapon etc…

I am also positive that the OP has no clue what he is talking about regarding the votes, He claims his whole team voted no and the enemies team voted yes, How can he even know that? Oh wait, He cant…

Pretty useless post we have here, Even if you don’t agree on the idle thing… There is still plenty of other reasons in my post that state why this suggestion shouln’t be Implented, Why did you ignore those?

Other then that, You tried to state the already obvious which I mentioned in my post, Except… Half wrong.

• Osh noes dis guys on dis others teams killz me lessa kick him :x They are the worst quitters I have ever heard of. :|