Idle flinch still seems unreliable

• Anyone else experiencing this? I’ve had many non-laggy players initiate their attack immediately after being hit by mine.

• I haven’t actually seen idle flinch happen since the patch dropped, though I’m probably just lucky.
    I’ve seen several enemies not react in any way at all after I hit them though

• Yeah I’m still seeing it on occasion. Definitely hit-traded with some enemies that I clearly struck whilst they were idle or just starting a wind up.

I kinda feel like at times the enemy gets a smaller flinch window than I do…like a hit during the first 20% of their windup animation is their flinch zone, but 100% of my wind up animation plus 50% of my actual release animation is my flinch zone. :P

But I do think it happens less than in used to.

• @AngryDave:

I kinda feel like at times the enemy gets a smaller flinch window than I do…like a hit during the first 20% of their windup animation is their flinch zone, but 100% of my wind up animation plus 50% of my actual release animation is my flinch zone. :P

This is my experience. It feels like there is no such thing as Idle Flinch at all, I can never get it to work on anyone else…but people can do it to me all the time.

• I think it is even worse now because the bug still occurs (a bit less, although did it to me on every i stirke i hit them with), so the animation plays, his hit is ghosting, and then animation replays and this one hits me.

so it does:
    i hit him > he has the idle flinch bug> his weapon ghosts through me (and of course, i block)>his animation replays and hits me (while im recovering from the block)

it also seems it happens while they’re not doing anything (not blocking in the air or feinting,just idle, which didn’t occur before)

And off topic, im having more and more weapon ghosting through me (mine don’t ghost) Is it only me or what?

i hope i made myslef understand,
    Bye.

• There’s a current issue with flinches and swings sometimes not syncing up server side which can make a player appear to be swinging to others (“ghost swings”) when he’s actually been flinched before being able to initiate his attack.

I’ve heard talk of flinch still not working at times, but nobody has been able to give a proper report of when exactly. For example, before flinch did not apply during recoveries - so you could hit a player after he missed an attack or parry, and he would be able to hit you back. We tested flinching a lot and it seemed to be working in the beta. Keep in mind things like occasional packet loss or lag spikes can still make flinch and many other mechanics wonky every once in a while.

If anyone can show a situation where flinch is definitely confirmed to be not working - other than release, which is intended - that’d be most helpful.

• @SlyGoat:

There’s a current issue with flinches and swings sometimes not syncing up server side which can make a player appear to be swinging to others (“ghost swings”) when he’s actually been flinched before being able to initiate his attack.

I’ve heard talk of flinch still not working at times, but nobody has been able to give a proper report of when exactly. For example, before flinch did not apply during recoveries - so you could hit a player after he missed an attack or parry, and he would be able to hit you back. We tested flinching a lot and it seemed to be working in the beta. Keep in mind things like occasional packet loss or lag spikes can still make flinch and many other mechanics wonky every once in a while.

If anyone can show a situation where flinch is definitely confirmed to be not working - other than release, which is intended - that’d be most helpful.

I have seen flinch not work in between swing on a combo. Swing one misses, gets hit, swing 2 hits.

It would seem that since recovery goes straight into wind up in that case, flinch should be possible anytime before the second release.

The only time I ever try and take advange of flinch is when I am using a spear, otherwise to me the window to use it is just to small to risk getting hit by an accelerated hit.

It seems to be working, I know it does when an MaA gets in my face.

• I have seen flinch not work in between swing on a combo. Swing one misses, gets hit, swing 2 hits.

This is probably because you are hitting them at the end of their release, and there is no recovery before a combo. In the next bugfixing patch, it should (I say should because it was supposed to be in CU1) be fixed in the next bugfix patch so that if you hit someone during release, they will never be able to combo, only be forced into recovery.

• @nsweetman:

@SlyGoat:

There’s a current issue with flinches and swings sometimes not syncing up server side which can make a player appear to be swinging to others (“ghost swings”) when he’s actually been flinched before being able to initiate his attack.

I have seen flinch not work in between swing on a combo. Swing one misses, gets hit, swing 2 hits.

It would seem that since recovery goes straight into wind up in that case, flinch should be possible anytime before the second release.

The only time I ever try and take advange of flinch is when I am using a spear, otherwise to me the window to use it is just to small to risk getting hit by an accelerated hit.

It seems to be working, I know it does when an MaA gets in my face.

I seen vanguards swing combos that continue after I’ve hit them, but whether that was due to game mechanics or lag i’m not sure.

• Hitting someone in their release does not yet stop them going into combos.

• @Martin:

This is probably because you are hitting them at the end of their release, and there is no recovery before a combo. In the next bugfixing patch, it should (I say should because it was supposed to be in CU1) be fixed in the next bugfix patch so that if you hit someone during release, they will never be able to combo, only be forced into recovery.

Thank you for clearing that up for me.