(Poll) Forbid choping limbs to corpses

• I like how you made game brutal. I cant imagine medieval warfare without choped up heads and limbs but choping limbs out of dead bodies is new sport in this game and im already fed up with it. Please do something about it.

• I love putting my polearm into a dead body’s ass.
    Cutting off their legs, arms, hands, and whatever is possible to cut.
    There is nothing better than that.

No, don’t remove it.

• Chopping limbs is like Chivalry’s teabagging

• brutality on players is fun and has meaning. its more authentic…more real…corpses lying there aswell. but choping corpses is behind my lane of taste. its pointless and quite opposite from making game feels authentic and real.

• I only chop the limbs off corpses of those who fight cowardly or disrespectfully, a sort of post-humous fuck you.

• You don’t need to do it, but if I defeat an opponent with lowlife and had a good fight…I would take his head as a trophy. I mean in real life in medieval times.
    This is just the analogy in the game.
    Also what SharpshotSid said: Desecrate his body for being cowardly and not-chivalristic (what a word-neologism).

And as rumpelstiltkin just said: It’s Chivalry’s teabagging. Retarded but sometimes fun.

Everytime I’m king in TO, I decapitate every opponent lying in my castle. :p

• @Vincik:

brutality on players is fun and has meaning. its more authentic…more real…corpses lying there aswell. but choping corpses is behind my lane of taste. its pointless and quite opposite from making game feels authentic and real.

It is not pointless, it’s a kind of “taunt” when you show someone you are really up to another challange and that you are better than the dead one.

The game doesn’t need to be authentic/real, it needs to be fun.

Try to get better, and “play” with dead bodies you slain aswell !

• @TheUndying:

but if I defeat an opponent with lowlife and had a good fight…I would take his head as a trophy. I mean in real life in medieval times.

Wait… what?

• The game doesn’t need to be authentic/real, it needs to be fun.

good point. But for somebody is fun to chop teammates after wining round or jumping and spamming voice commands but not for me. Its subjective what is fun in this case. Im quite far from a critic of brutality in games and its impact on society. I dont mind violence in games or movies at all. I finished game Amnesia with unbroken mind (i think) so i will live it through. I mind more that its infantile and ruining atmosphere. In duel mode its ok. But on battlefield not. By the way. If you turn off ragdoll on corpses what would happen? It could save a CPU capacity for more corpses or could not?

• @Vincik:

The game doesn’t need to be authentic/real, it needs to be fun.

good point. But for somebody is fun to chop teammates after wining round or jumping and spamming voice commands but not for me. Its subjective what is fun in this case. Im quite far from a critic of brutality in games and its impact on society. I dont mind violence in games or movies at all. I finished game Amnesia with unbroken mind (i think) so i will live it through. I mind more that its infantile and ruining atmosphere. In duel mode its ok. But on battlefield not. By the way. If you turn off ragdoll on corpses what would happen? It could save a CPU capacity for more corpses or could not?

So much non sense…

If you hate so much being “played” after you die, just don’t die, be better than anyone.

Simple.

• @bergami:

If you hate so much being “played” after you die, just don’t die, be better than anyone.
    Simple.

Its not like that. It doesnt matter if im chopped or somebody else. No difference. Its still stupid. Its like bunny hoping in Battlefield 2, changing pointlessly guns in Counter strike, saying everyone noob in League of legends or beg for gold in World of warcraft. Its just stupid and it ruins game experience for me. Players dont enjoy game anymore so they must act crazy and idiotic. Thats all. No problem. Maybe there will be piss on corpses feature in dlc. Everybody will be running around and piss on each other. That would be at least something fresh.

• Thing is, your post is entirely subjective. You don’t enjoy something, so you want it removed. Well what about all the players who like this feature? Desecreating of bodies was very much present on the medieval era for various readons, so what if Chivalry makes body mutilations a little too easy? It’s still there, it’s entirely optional, and I don’t even see that many people doing it. Why should it be removed just because you don’t like it. I for one don’t like the civilians in arena- they just needlessly eat up my fps and I don’t like their looks or animations, but it’s such a mundane secondary thing that complaining about it would be a waste of words.

• I’m actually impressed that torn banner kept the corpses interactable after death, most company’s would take the easy/console way out and make them freeze after hitting the ground to save memory.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

@TheUndying:

but if I defeat an opponent with lowlife and had a good fight…I would take his head as a trophy. I mean in real life in medieval times.

Wait… what?

Just kidding. :D

Btw most people in Chivalry act stupid nontheless, the chop-off-function of bodies just gives them another way of expressing it. ;)

• Nay :x I like to cut off my enemies head who killed me before! :berz:

• owning corpes made great this game.

• @Vincik:

brutality on players is fun and has meaning. its more authentic…more real…corpses lying there aswell. but choping corpses is behind my lane of taste. its pointless and quite opposite from making game feels authentic and real.

Then turn your gore level down to zero…. wait… there is a gore level in the options isn’t there?? :?

Turn the gore off and then you don’t have to see it.

The game isn’t meant to be “Authentic and Real” it’s a video game meant to be fun.

@Vincik:

Its not like that. It doesnt matter if im chopped or somebody else. No difference. Its still stupid. Its like bunny hoping in Battlefield 2, changing pointlessly guns in Counter strike, saying everyone noob in League of legends or beg for gold in World of warcraft. Its just stupid and it ruins game experience for me. Players dont enjoy game anymore so they must act crazy and idiotic. Thats all. No problem. Maybe there will be piss on corpses feature in dlc. Everybody will be running around and piss on each other. That would be at least something fresh.

Don’t like it? Don’t do it.

Think it’s stupid? Too bad… others enjoy it.

It ruins the experience for you??

Well it doesn’t for everybody else.

Get over it. Go back to your tree hugging.

• Strongly disagree with OP - makes the game more fun ^_^

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Chopping limbs is like Chivalry’s teabagging

Indeed. Followed by some thorough tea bagging.

• If you’re dead then why do you care what happens to your body? It doesn’t effect you in any way, except maybe mentally.

At times, I like to gather with all the other MaA and we celebrate the Archer corpses limb chopping season. What you do is find yourselves an archer corpse. Be it friendly or enemy it doesn’t matter. Then everyone starts chopping and stabbing it while spamming “You’ve got my arms, m’lord!”

The aim is to remove all their limbs and appendages before their body phases out due to decal.