Fist headshot kills should burst heads

• I’d like to suggest that fist headshot kills should be able to smash in skulls like blunt weapon headshots do.

Reasons:

Game Mechanic: Even though fists have their own damage type, I don’t see why a fist punch should be treated differently compared to blunt damage in this regard.

Atmosphere: Chivalry is supposed to capture the feeling of Hollywood-esque medieval combat. What could be more Hollywood-like than smashing someone’s skull with your bare (okay, gloved) hands?

Equality: Even the smallest of daggers, like the hunting knife, can cut off a knight’s head even though hes wearing a chainmail coif.
    A spear stab and even a swing with its shaft can smash a head in this game.
    A pebble launched from a slingshot can do this as well.
    So why should a powerful strike from a steel glove not be able to do this?

Style: It would look incredibly hilarious and make bare fisted combat even more fun.

PS: Even though this will never happen, I’m all in for flat-handed karate chop that can decapitate an opponent on kill (suggestion: ALT + Stab or ALT + Overhead).

• 100% agree. This would be amazing to Mortal Kombat kill people with exploding headshot uppercuts!

• I disagree.
    I already don’t like it in some case where it makes no sense.
    Like this one at 6:55 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFCWxLeOgus
    Took his head off with a slingshot :?

• I LOVE exploding heads from sling headshot!!! Holy crap it’s my favorite by far!

• Aye mi’lord time to smash some heads in! :fight:

• So… you want to be able to punch like Robocop or Johnny Cage??

Sure why not? :P

• Why not? :D

• I just found out you can burst a corpse’s head with your bare fists (easiest with fist-stab). So why not on living folks as well?

• @Don_Kanaille:

PS: Even though this will never happen, I’m all in for flat-handed karate chop that can decapitate an opponent on kill (suggestion: ALT + Stab or ALT + Overhead).

HAHAHA BEST IDEA EVER.

• YES

• My mission in life is to make this a reality, don’t worry.

• Maybe we should consider testicle kicks?

• @Oy:

Maybe we should consider testicle kicks?

Do you seriously think somebody runs around in 60 pounds of armor but doesn’t wear a cup codpiece … ?

• @Don_Kanaille:

@Oy:

Maybe we should consider testicle kicks?

Do you seriously think somebody runs around in 60 pounds of armor but doesn’t wear a cup codpiece … ?

Do you really think that’s relevant considering that we’re discussing adding fallout 3 style power-fists that can explode heads through punching? Also, lol at the big round dick armor in your picture. You couldn’t wear that suit of armor and be intimidating.

• Don’t take my remark too seriously. ;)

But I am certainly not in favor of groin kicks. I don’t see why they should be added to the game…? As for the head explosions, I already named my arguments in the initial post.

Also, I would be intimidated by that armor fur sure. That guy is basically wiedling an extra mace… and could teabag the heck out of me. :?

• Wouldn’t be that cool, or realistic at all, last I checked decaping/exploding heads is already a common thing. you would have to be god damn super man to be that strong to make a head explode like that.

I disagree.

• @MetalDevil19:

Wouldn’t be that cool, or realistic at all, last I checked decaping/exploding heads is already a common thing. you would have to be god damn super man to be that strong to make a head explode like that.

I disagree.

Just for understanding, would you like

the smallest of daggers, like the hunting knife, can cut off a knight’s head even though hes wearing a chainmail coif.
    A spear stab and even a swing with its shaft can smash a head in this game.
    A pebble launched from a slingshot can do this as well.

to be removed as well? If yes, that is a fair opinion. If no, I do not see how you can differentiate and be fine with these but not with fist headshots? I do certainly not want this because of realism. I want this for style, hilarity and equal treatment.

Also, this feature is already in the game, but only on corpses so far. Which makes even less sense.

• @MetalDevil19:

Wouldn’t be that cool, or realistic at all, last I checked decaping/exploding heads is already a common thing. you would have to be god damn super man to be that strong to make a head explode like that.

I disagree.

I am stronger than Superman. Superman is my bitch.

• Sure, why not? The only real complaint against it is that it’s unrealistic. A lot of things in this game are unrealistic. This would be hilarious. I think it would also be awesome to have it for the javelin shield punch attack (although to be honest it could be there and I probably wouldn’t know. It’s nigh impossible to aim that thing at a head since it doesn’t reach the middle of your screen)

• @123mop:

Sure, why not? The only real complaint against it is that it’s unrealistic. A lot of things in this game are unrealistic. This would be hilarious. I think it would also be awesome to have it for the javelin shield punch attack (although to be honest it could be there and I probably wouldn’t know. It’s nigh impossible to aim that thing at a head since it doesn’t reach the middle of your screen)

You got the spirit. Thank you Sir!