1 handed sword reach?

• I am unsure whether it is a bug or an actual game feature but ever since the chivalry update took place 1handed swords seem to have ridiculously long reach. I do not have any proof however other than me and several other high rank players spotting that… Quite annoying when you play in first person view, opponent slashes/stabs you, on your own screen the sword shows as being 10-20cm away, yet somehow magically it connects.

I’m just wondering if anyone else has been experiencing this problem?

• @K7:

I am unsure whether it is a bug or an actual game feature but ever since the chivalry update took place 1handed swords seem to have ridiculously long reach. I do not have any proof however other than me and several other high rank players spotting that… Quite annoying when you play in first person view, opponent slashes/stabs you, on your own screen the sword shows as being 10-20cm away, yet somehow magically it connects.

I bet it was just ping difference. Seek servers below 80 ping with active admins for kicking laggers.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

@K7:

I am unsure whether it is a bug or an actual game feature but ever since the chivalry update took place 1handed swords seem to have ridiculously long reach. I do not have any proof however other than me and several other high rank players spotting that… Quite annoying when you play in first person view, opponent slashes/stabs you, on your own screen the sword shows as being 10-20cm away, yet somehow magically it connects.

I bet it was just ping difference. Seek servers below 80 ping with active admins for kicking laggers.

That’s the point, I do that most of the time, joining duel servers with ping cap of 150 or so. It shouldn’t be that much of a problem, though it only started occurring after the update.

• @K7:

@rumpelstiltskin:

@K7:

That’s the point, I do that most of the time, joining duel servers with ping cap of 150 or so. It shouldn’t be that much of a problem, though it only started occurring after the update.

Mind that new patch erased most settings including your FOV, maybe that’s the issue.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Mind that new patch erased most settings including your FOV, maybe that’s the issue.

Nope, default FOV… :? I mean it could be lag compensation or just server lag displaying characters further than they are, the only thing I’m certain of is that it did not only happen to me, seen several players complaining about it in various different servers.

• I’ve always thought 1 handers in general must extend further than their weapon model. 2 handers I also feel reach shorter than their weapon models.

Its easy to tell when you swing at someone using a 2 hander and you miss right when they swing with their 1 hander and manage to hit you. I’ve done this enough to know they weren’t “just outside” the strike zone either.

Also play with dead bodies and you’ll see weapons that will go into the body but apply no hit register. Then you’ll turn slightly or move a foot back and the weapon will somehow now hit. It isn’t a good system however they have it.

• im thinking in buying a new computer maybe all my problems will vanish.

• I can confirm this aswell. Ever since the patch I’ve been getting hit by one handers outside of my spear’s stab reach. I’m pretty sure this is why I’m seeing a lot of people go around as knight with a one hander and no shield lately.

• Yeah, happens to me to as well, a lot.

• Yes noticed this too. Had instances where I chose not to parry a 1 hander because I was confident I was out of range and I could even visually see a decent gap between me and the tip of his weapon. But it still hits. If I am out of range with a longer weapon then he should definitely be out of range with a shorter weapon.

So yeah I agree that 2 handers seem to have shorter hitboxes than they should.

My FOV is the same as it was pre-patch.

• I think they did increase the range. Playing as a vanguard, you get pretty used to the range on weapons, and it definitely seems like they increase the range on a lot of one handed weapons to the point where it’s really just ridiculous at times. It’s not like they’re op or something–you just have to adjust.

• @cfisher6:

I think they did increase the range. Playing as a vanguard, you get pretty used to the range on weapons, and it definitely seems like they increase the range on a lot of one handed weapons to the point where it’s really just ridiculous at times. It’s not like they’re op or something–you just have to adjust.

Same here. I used to lure them into attacking out of range and get my hit in afterwards. That is now rarly possible because if they run and attack the can close the cap very easy now.

• I definitely think they did increase the range. And it’s a little silly too, because they didn’t change the animations to really correspond with the new ranges. So now, as others have mentioned, it very clearly looks like a weapon is well beyond reach of you when they’re swinging, yet it still connects. This is particularly noticeable when fighting someone who is using the Falchion.

• @K7:

I am unsure whether it is a bug or an actual game feature but ever since the chivalry update took place 1handed swords seem to have ridiculously long reach.

Having been mostly a sword and board user, as it is my infatuation IRL with melee combat, and having 190 hours of mostly sword and board combat, my perception is that the bastard swords got slower and less reach. A very noticeable amount.

• @Warhawk66:

@K7:

I am unsure whether it is a bug or an actual game feature but ever since the chivalry update took place 1handed swords seem to have ridiculously long reach.

Having been mostly a sword and board user, as it is my infatuation IRL with melee combat, and having 190 hours of mostly sword and board combat, my perception is that the bastard swords got slower and less reach. A very noticeable amount.

Just your imagination.

• @cfisher6:

I think they did increase the range. Playing as a vanguard, you get pretty used to the range on weapons, and it definitely seems like they increase the range on a lot of one handed weapons to the point where it’s really just ridiculous at times. It’s not like they’re op or something–you just have to adjust.

If that’s the case, it’s the worst tweak i’ve ever seen.
    Post-patch, the game is even more random now.

• @cfisher6:

That would be quite an odd “adjustment” simply because of the fact that now if you see opponent slashing/stabbing from 5 meters away with 1handed sword, you now have to block, instead of taking that as an advantage and stabbing them with a 2hander.

• I haven’t noticed any changes in the reach of the broadsword.
    I think the second poster was right - ping will sometimes make you think that opponent’s reach is longer and your own is shorter.

It’s easy to test though. Get another player, and stab him (have him stab you) at different distances while both being motionless.

• Reminder that K7 is the worst exploiter I have ever seen, he was too pussy to fight me in duel because he wants to cheat his way to top rank in duels but I watch him in spectator he exploit shots around peoples shields and through blocks.

Get a life K7 you’re on this game every single day of your pathetic life.

• Trolling ends here.

Thanks.