Paypal at Kickstarter?

• Hey guys,

Chivalry is 100 % funded @ kickstarter. Will be there an option to pledge with paypal now? I don’t have any credit card only paypal and I want to buy it right now - but no way for me (and other people with the same situation) ;)

• @Lopt:

Hey guys,

Chivalry is 100 % funded @ kickstarter. Will be there an option to pledge with paypal now? I don’t have any credit card only paypal and I want to buy it right now - but no way for me (and other people with the same situation) ;)

Hi Lopt,

I found this on the Kickstarter FAQ:

Q Why can’t I use Paypal? Why can’t Kickstarter just take my credit card info?
    A Kickstarter uses Amazon’s Flexible Payments Service, which enables our all-or-nothing funding method. No other credit card processor currently supports our requirements. We’re always talking with other companies and exploring other services, so expect more options in the future.

Steam is compatible with PayPal and so as soon as the game is released you would be able to get a copy that way :)

• Hey,

I know this FAQ and I can understand why kickstarter handles it with amazon payments. But for a project which is 100 % funded is no risk.

I mean if the project isn’t 100 % funded and I would pledge via paypal my money would be gone doesn’t matter the project is funded or not. But especially Chivalry is 100 % funded and will receive the money from backers there is no more reason why paypal doesn’t work now because paypal transfers directly my money but I know that I will get a reward depends on my amount. So there is no risk for backers no to pay via paypal ;)

I hope you understand what I mean :)

Greetings

• There is no risk for Chivalry backers.

Kickstarter does not take a pledgers money until the goal has been 100% reached and until the deadline time has been reached. Chivalry successfully reached the goal of $50,000 already, and there are currently 9 days left on kickstarter, at which point every pledger automatically pays the funds to Torn Banner and the kickstarter project is closed.

At that point Torn Banner are in agreement to provide the service that the pledger has paid for in due course.

It is also worth noting that although the project has successfully passed the original required funding goal, Torn Banner have announced ‘Stretch Goals’. This means that in addition to the original goal, they have created new milestones for further implementations depending on funding. See more on that here

After the kickstarter project is closed, you will have to wait until the steam pre-order/release.

Hope this helps

• I believe that Lopt means something different: some companies on Kickstarter have let people pledge directly to them via PayPal, without Kickstarter as a middle man. This is an option when the original Kickstarter has succeeded: the only reason Kickstarter does not accept PayPal is because of the risk they’ll have to pay everything back if the funding fails. However, when that is no longer an issue, there is no reason PayPal cannot be used. And because many people do not have access to credit cards, allowing people to pledge via PayPal this gives them an opportunity to support the project and get access to the Kickstarter rewards/discount, and needless to say this can be very profitable for the developers.

Now, I don’t know whether there are any plans to do that, but if you could confirm that this is indeed what you were asking, I’ll pass on the question. Although I expect it’s fairly unlikely they’ll do this with only 9 more days to go.

• Hey TheNarrator,

you are absolute right with your statement! This is exactly what I mean ;)

I want to pay via Paypal at kickstarter to receive a reward etc.

• After re-reading this after finishing work, I can understand exactly what you are after more specifically now.

Thanks Narrator for responding to this and helping Lopt

I hope this works out for you! 8-)