A new kind of feint

• So feinting is a pretty integral part of high level play, especially in duels. I think the reason they are so effective is because they don’t have an animation to distinguish a feint from an actual attack. What I’m suggesting is that the feints be given their own animation based on the class of weapon. So instead of cancelling a real attack, pressing the feint button by itself starts a faux attack animation that lasts as about as long as a windup. This way feinting wouldn’t be so decisive in a fight.

• And your feint will only work when you get high pace in combat, after some parry combo’s.
    You’ll need to make your opponent ‘‘panic’’ before he will fall for your feint.
    No blind feint-fests

This could work, I see opportunities.

• Not a really bad idea. ;) But it would possibly make feints useless due to players knowing which is which. :x

• @Thatoneguy5314:

Not a really bad idea. ;) But it would possibly make feints useless due to players knowing which is which. :x

This would be my concern, but I do like the idea of feint being an “attack” of its own. I know I have tried to feint and sometimes it doesn’t seem to register and I attack, screwing everything up.

• feint is fine. your idea is interesting, but why fix something that aint broke?

• @Hitom:

feint is fine. your idea is interesting, but why fix something that aint broke?

But it is broke. Very broke.

• Would be nice since I sometimes accidentally attack instead of feint as well, which seems like something you wouldn’t really be at risk of irl.

• Yes this! I want a animation where my character jumps back and shouts “haa haa you fell for it!” like a jest. :P

• I don’t think it would break the game. when you’re locked in combat with another player, you’re already hovering over the block button in anticipation of an attack. If the opponent were to twirl his sword in a threatening manner for example, I think it would still achieve the intended effect without that “How was I supposed to know” feeling.

• @Hitom:

feint is fine. your idea is interesting, but why fix something that aint broke?

How is it not broken?
    You have to guess whether the opponent is feinting or not, especially with fast weapons. It’s just a roll of dice.

• @Onetastic:

Yes this! I want a animation where my character jumps back and shouts “haa haa you fell for it!” like a jest. :P

:jrazz: HAA HAA YOU FELL FOR IT!! :jrazz:

• @Onetastic:

Yes this! I want a animation where my character jumps back and shouts “haa haa you fell for it!” like a jest. :P

I want a feint to have the same effect as f10. When someone uses a feint, the explode into a bunch of dishonorable pieces.

• @Slaughtervomit:

@Onetastic:

I want a feint to have the same effect as f10. When someone uses a feint, the explode into a bunch of dishonorable pieces.

Wow, you really hate feints.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

@Slaughtervomit:

@Onetastic:

I just agreed to fight some duels without feinting.
    Great experience, since it makes you focus more on attack your opponents sides etc.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

@Slaughtervomit:

@Onetastic:

I don’t feint unless the opponent either uses a turtling MAA.
    Or if he feints himself, in this case I feint once and I punish him with the hardest blow I can.