Content Update 1: Feedback

• Hello again everyone,

Still playing the game and enjoying myself. Seeing as my last thread was fairly well recieved, I figured I would do a similar thread for all of the changes seen in the first content update.

• Firstly, the server browser. Much cleaner and clearer now, well done guys. When I first started playing, I had no idea how to dcipher the game modes. Thanks for that.
    • I’ve been hearing that the new 20 second timer on the refresh feature is causing people some woe.
    • Another team objective map woo! And this looks just as well fleshed out as its predecessors, awesome. Fun to play, looks great.
    • As has been said before, the first objective is kind of annoying for th attacker, the walk up is long and actually getting to use the ballistas is quite difficult. Perhaps make th e wall take fewer ballista shots, otherwise objectives seem fairly balanced.
    • Duel mode was an excellent idea, and you even made a big line up of excellent maps for it. Very well done. Interface is good, maps are good, mode is good.

-10 wins to “win” is a bit awkward, it encourages you to speed through duels. Perhaps make it like ffa where most wins at the time limit “wins” straight up.

• New weapons too! Lots of new content, which is great, and all of them actually feel unqiue, which is even better.

-From what I’ve used, the sling feels pretty much inferior to the shortbow. QS feels good, fast, long duel hander for MAA. Not much experience with other two, but having heard arguments both ways, they seem alright. Also, adding more variants to these weapons like the others have would do a lot to make them feel more complete.

• Old maps retooled for other gamemodes and other new maps added. Who can complain here?
    • Elevators in their current state feel fairly buggy. Players floating on them, falling through them etc.

Kick/shield changes: Honestly, I never used them much before, but now that they’re slower, but a stronger counter to shield, I feel like there might be a better reason to use them now. But hey, I’m no pro so…

• Stagger seem to trigger when stamina isn’t empty sometimes. Liekly a bug.
    • Kick changes: Pretty indifferent to the 10% requirment increase, added information is quite good though.
    • Vetrancy is not working at all I’m afraid, sad to see that this is the case.

Overall I’m quite astonished at the amount of new content in this update, and I’m even more astonished that no one seems to be talking about it!

Should have had the free weekend this weekend tbh. With all of this added stuff, you guys should be trumpeting it from the rooftops!

Excitied to see where you guys go from here, although now feels like a good time to work on a polish patch instead of trying to cram yet more new content in. Just my opinion.

• Nice feedback, thankyou! :)

• I do agree with you for the most part, but there are several issues:
    @LuckyThirteen:

Hello again everyone,

• Duel mode was an excellent idea, and you even made a big line up of excellent maps for it. Very well done. Interface is good, maps are good, mode is good.

-Interface could get a few boosts (ping, class, kills, deaths along with “wins” and “losses”)

• The maps are… Argggg… many of them have no room for actual fighting, and you are often restricted to overheads of just plain pokes. Hitting the walls constantly is not as much a feature as a problem. It makes it difficult to play well, and although it can encourage alt. swinging, which is great, the broken blocking and obstacles make it difficult to have a fun game. Also, I want to fight not chase after someone in search of regen.
      -Speaking of maps, the elevator map is simply broken. One can teleport through the cieling or up and down at random. This was a bad idea. I agree with you there.
      = I am okay with the plain arena and throne room maps, but I wish they just used a modified Moor map – wide, open spaces.
      = The mode is okay, not great or bad. At the end, it should just end rather than force us to wait for 2 afk guys to finish.

@LuckyThirteen:

-10 wins to “win” is a bit awkward, it encourages you to speed through duels. Perhaps make it like ffa where most wins at the time limit “wins” straight up.

A very good point there. One can simply acquire a maul, hit several MaA’s over the head, and then gloat as the others have barely finished five duels. Timers would be nice.

@LuckyThirteen:

• New weapons too! Lots of new content, which is great, and all of them actually feel unqiue, which is even better.
      -From what I’ve used, the sling feels pretty much inferior to the shortbow. QS feels good, fast, long duel hander for MAA. Not much experience with other two, but having heard arguments both ways, they seem alright. Also, adding more variants to these weapons like the others have would do a lot to make them feel more complete.

= The sling is an odd one. But I’ve never been a fan of archery, so I won’t go anywhere near it.

• Quarterstaff is actually very short. It’s also very weak, and although fast, compares to a cudgel. The problem here is that a second secondary is useless. On the plus side, due to its animations, it can be difficult to see whether he is swinging or blocking, as both are fast.
      = The polehammer is reminiscent of the pre-update halberd, just slower and with more damage. Hammer on a stick is the most applicable term – slower and with more damage. Also, pokes are almost as long. Fun alternate attacks, though
      = Ahh, the flails. I may see why they force one to use a buckler, but it is quite lacking. The flails themselves have odd animations and awkward timing. Taking into consideration their damage, they are similar to warhammers. Oh the joy; it is radiant.

Overall, the weapons do add more variety, and the adjustments to the old ones (i.e. bearded axe) make them usable. Otherwise, most of your points are agreeable, but something inside me aches for a caged arena mode, with you and an enemy in the middle and some people around you that can hit each other for no damage. But dueling as a mode is alright. Its UI is lacking and its maps are bad. Mostly. Well, cheerio.

• @LuckyThirteen:

I really do wonder what class you play, The maps are way to small, You have almost no space on most of them and can’t really play strategical at all …

10 wins to win or as much wins possible in a specific time limit, Nothing will change, People will still speed through duels…

• @Zilas:

@LuckyThirteen:

I really do wonder what class you play, The maps are way to small, You have almost no space on most of them and can’t really play strategical at all …

10 wins to win or as much wins possible in a specific time limit, Nothing will change, People will still speed through duels…

I play MAA currently, And I don’t think they’re too small, I hate people who run away and stall personally. There’s playing strategically, then there’s just being annoying.

And yes glitches, I forgot to mention the need fore more functionality in the the duel, board mute, ping and vote kick at least.

• @LuckyThirteen:

@Zilas:

@LuckyThirteen:

I play MAA currently, And I don’t think they’re too small, I hate people who run away and stall personally. There’s playing strategically, then there’s just being annoying.

And yes glitches, I forgot to mention the need fore more functionality in the the duel, board mute, ping and vote kick at least.

I play vanguard, And i can tell you… They DEFINITELY need more space… You as MAA might like this low amount of space because you can easily charge enemies and rape them…

But I can basicly only use stab 24/7… Not even to mention the fact It is almost impossible to get around a knight who spams shield 24/7 … My odds vs a good knight using shield? Low. Very, Very low…Try playing vanguard in duel mode a few times, Match a few knights with shields, Come back here and say again that the maps arent to small :)

• I think duel mode would benefit from a scoring method that takes into account your “strength of schedule”, as it were. So if you fight the 5 best people and go 4-1, that should count more than 6-0 vs all scrubs. shrug Would feel less like 1v1 FFA then…

Also… whoever decided on the colors for the menus in this update needs new eyes. That sounds harsh but not as harsh as the flourescent yellows, reds, and blues. It’s truly awful. Please change them to something more natural and pleasing to the eye. Even better would be to have colors outline the box rather than fill the background. It’s really hard to look at.