Poll: Add Votekick Reason (Pick from list)

• So this post is not for server admins, because you dont have this issue - you just kick people off your server.

For the rest of the world, especially those on Public servers, I would like to see the support for a Votekick reason where you pick the person to kick then you pick from one of the following

1. Teamkiller
    2. Idle
    3. Chat spam

Then the people on the server can look at the TK%, Idle% or chat box and make a more informed decision. Rather than people saying ‘why?’ or just randomly picking yes or no.

A separate question is whether the first two options should only be voted on by the targets team. Maybe comment on that.

With soooo many posts on votekicking reducing the enjoyment of this game I think this would at least help some more.

• This wouldn’t work.

This will increase trolling and since a reason is right there people will just kick innocents.

It would make it worse. Trust me.

• i think we should only be able to vote kick in our team, not people from the other team.

• @soni2295:

i think we should only be able to vote kick in our team, not people from the other team.

I assume you mean only your team can initiate a vote on you and only your team can VOTE in that kick? Because yeah, I agree. That is a very important change to have. If someone has a high TD percentage the enemy team is going to want to keep him on your team. It’s not the enemy team’s business anyway on who your team wants to kick. Votekicks should be kept within the team.

• @DemonicChocobo:

@soni2295:

i think we should only be able to vote kick in our team, not people from the other team.

I assume you mean only your team can initiate a vote on you and only your team can VOTE in that kick? Because yeah, I agree. That is a very important change to have. If someone has a high TD percentage the enemy team is going to want to keep him on your team. It’s not the enemy team’s business anyway on who your team wants to kick. Votekicks should be kept within the team.

ya, like in left4dead, if the player is giving problems his team will kick him.

• Vote kicking is for noobs. That means two things.

• @soni2295:

THIS

• @lemonater47:

This wouldn’t work.

This will increase trolling and since a reason is right there people will just kick innocents.

Um I would rather hear some logic.

• @gregcau:

@lemonater47:

This wouldn’t work.

Ok.

If a troll wants to votekick someone he will look for some random and votekick him with a reason. People instantly see that reason and will push yes as it has a reason. Not many of them will question it.

It will make more yes votes. That’s bad as half the time its wrong and kicking some good player.

Most people without a reason given say yes anyway. With a reason more of the people who waiver will vote yes and kick yet another innocent player.

I know it seems like a good idea but reasons should only be used for admin kicks.

• @lemonater47:

@gregcau:

@lemonater47:

This wouldn’t work.

Ok.

If a troll wants to votekick someone he will look for some random and votekick him with a reason. People instantly see that reason and will push yes as it has a reason. Not many of them will question it.

It will make more yes votes. That’s bad as half the time its wrong and kicking some good player.

Most people without a reason given say yes anyway. With a reason more of the people who waiver will vote yes and kick yet another innocent player.

I know it seems like a good idea but reasons should only be used for admin kicks.

The reasons are predefined so if said troll picks TK and the person has 0% TK I think most normal people would say um no.

• @gregcau:

@lemonater47:

@gregcau:

Ok.

Off topic: Goddamn 3 post quote limit.

The reasons are predefined so if said troll picks TK and the person has 0% TK I think most normal people would say um no.

Hardly anyone has 0%.

An what’s the pioneer of votekick reasons when there is already a percentage and idle time?

Anyone spamming chat or being a troll in chat would be seen by everyone anyway.

So you don’t need reasons. When two are implied and the other is obvious.