Duel maps

• @funthomass:

To me a duel should simulate a real battle environment.

No offense, but that’s the most inaccurate statement I’ve ever read in here.
    Do you even know anything about duels at all? And I’m not talking about the game now, I mean duels in general, in history, in litterature, movies etc.
    Did any of those things said anything about simulating real battle environment?

• Most seem fairly decent, but some like the one where you have a big wooden container constantly going up and down in the middle of the ring are just plain stupid; most everyone who plays that map just fights in the staircase surrounding the wooden container. It would be a great map if you didn’t have some damn container dropping down on your head every 30 seconds in the very area that is best for actually fighting.

What they really need is just a generic circle map with no addons in it (spikes, flames, etc), similar to that one map everyone used to play legit competitions on in Smash Bros (forgot the exact name).

• @funthomass:

To me a duel should simulate a real battle environment. Not every time you´ll be fighting on a big open field with your pole-arms. If the environment limits the vanguard I have no problem with that at all and I love playing vanguard.

Conclusion: Deal with it!

I truely hope this was a lame attempt at trolling, Because If It wasn’t, I dont even know where to start to express your stupidity.

@cfisher6:

Most seem fairly decent, but some like the one where you have a big wooden container constantly going up and down in the middle of the ring are just plain stupid; most everyone who plays that map just fights in the staircase surrounding the wooden container. It would be a great map if you didn’t have some damn container dropping down on your head every 30 seconds in the very area that is best for actually fighting.

I know which map you’re reffering to… Perfect example about how annoying these maps are, I am pretty much forced to go all the way down to fight anyone with a shield who knows what he’s doing, The problem here is, This “elevator” as we can call It, keeps coming down, If you stand on its land location, You instantly die… So you have to focus on not hitting the walls there (Not that much space, even though its the most you will get on that map…) Focus on the elevator… + Focus on what your target is doing… I got a good title for this one, “Mission impossible 5”

• Every map to my experience has tight areas and open areas, to gain advantage to each class who uses those areas properly.

If you are often fighting in a closed area, lead your target out into the open where you can fight properly.

If you are giving your enemy too much room to fight you, lead them into a tighter area.

Use the maps wisely, don’t just go at it without thinking.

I personally like all the maps that are available and if they were any larger than they currently are, too much of the battle time would be people chasing each other, trying to find them, which still happens now, but not as badly as it could be.

• I don’t like them either. Too gimmicky.

• I just want open flat land to duel in… I hate the clutter in these maps… :(

• Maybe don’t fight in areas that restrict your weapon? All the maps have confined spaces, but they also have more open, less restricting places.

Why should you large arcing weapon have completely no hindrance? It just adds to the depth of skill required when dueling with someone. The obstacles are meant to add to the skill involved with duelling and using them against your opponent.

I understand why some people would just want an open flat grassland however.

• @cfisher6:

Most seem fairly decent, but some like the one where you have a big wooden container constantly going up and down in the middle of the ring are just plain stupid

Yeah this one is pretty bad - the rest I like.

I do feel for the vanguard though I can make good use of the terrain to prevent lmb mashing.

• I agree the duel maps were a major let down, I like how creative they’re trying to be but every map needs to have at least one open space large enough that it favors all classes (classes with long weapons or MAA room to dodge effectively) imo. Duel is still awesome though, just expand on the maps a bit, delete some objects should be alright.

• Only terrain that ever bothers me is elevation. I hate having the high ground in this game as it means that my range will be shorter than theirs when using a one-hander.

• I pretty much only play duel, and only with a Vanguard/Zweihander. I’m not the best duelist, but I have absolutely no problem with the space on any maps. My record is is about 3 wins for every 1 loss right now.

Honestly, I thought pretty much every single map was excellent. It couldn’t hurt having a few more with open areas however.

• @cfisher6:

Most seem fairly decent, but some like the one where you have a big wooden container constantly going up and down in the middle of the ring are just plain stupid

Now that I have played on it twice - never again, I will just leave it is so bad.