Mentor/Mentee Program?

• Hello again all,

I was wondering if the community had any form of mentor/mentee program in order to help players improve.

Currently, I’m trying to get better with maa and I’ve hit a bit of a wall. With the implementation of the new duel mode, such a thing should be even more possible these days.

Lemme know!

• Isn’t that rather “mentor/protégé”?

• @The:

Isn’t that rather “mentor/protégé”?

Maybe, I come from a community that called at “Mentor/Mentee.” Roles off the tongue better I guess.

• I’m trying to coach a new player myself, a friend of mine.
    A lot of work since he never played any videogame before, he’s really, really bad, you have no idea.

• Depending on what you need help with, I may be able to help you out with MAA gameplay.

However, for myself I am seeking a skilled Knight who uses two-hand Sword of War as a sparring partner. I have little practice against this style and would like to improve.

• I like showing people the ropes. I’ve been helping my friend get better at the game, and he’s greatly improved since he first started (so has everyone else :P ). I wouldn’t mind lending a hand to people learning Knight.

• Not directly related to mentoring, but we do have a fantastic Tactics & Tutorials forum section, where you can show someone some good tutorials others have wrote, or write them yourself and share with others, and discuss alternatives with eachother too.

It’s always good seeing people help eachother get better. :)

Linky: viewforum.php?f=85

• I wouldn’t be opposed to helping someone out wanting to learn honorable and straightforward fighting. (I cannot teach feints or cheap type tactics) Mostly effective parrying, countering, combos, and footwork.

• how is feinting a ‘cheap’ tactic? Sometimes its the only way to win vs certain play-styles and weapons. I see vanguards using feints a lot because of their slow attacks. Nothing cheap about feints, as it opens up the attacker to attack if the defender knows what he’s doing.

• Don’t argue with Slaughtervomit. In this case, his mental horizon is a circle with a radius of zero which he calls his point of view.

• Joining a well organized clan would be your best bet. You can find plenty of practice partners with a wide variety of skill sets rather than getting all your information from one source.

• @nimble:

how is feinting a ‘cheap’ tactic? Sometimes its the only way to win vs certain play-styles and weapons. I see vanguards using feints a lot because of their slow attacks. Nothing cheap about feints, as it opens up the attacker to attack if the defender knows what he’s doing.

First off, I said “feints OR cheap type tactics.” Quit trying to start an argument. Just stated feints were not a “straightforward” move.

@Don_Kanaille:

Don’t argue with Slaughtervomit. In this case, his mental horizon is a circle with a radius of zero which he calls his point of view.

Don’t argue with Slaughtervomit because he will grab his maul and make pancakes! :lol: