Game is crap since patch

• Sorry to say it,

I enjoyed this game enough pre patch to encourage four people to purchase it, but since patch, SOMETHING is radically different.

The game does not play the same at all. The FPS issue for starters, I should not get 40fps on an 8 core machine with a ti660….all settings set to minimum, minus my screen resolution. This is on a 32 person server, and 40 FPS is MAXIMUM.

Second, it’s like weapon ranges, damages have all been completely reworked. The only weapon that does predictable damage at a predictable range is the bow/crossbow/jav. In essence, the ones that haven’t been touched according to the patch notes.

Third, people seem to be jumping in and out of range when they didn’t before, and I am not hit by blows I know I should have been.

I don’t know what the hell you did, but the “groove” isn’t there like it was pre-patch.

Bug fixes with graphics were great, new weapons… ok… but why the whole change to netcode and existing weapons? Why the dramatic change to FPS?

I forgot to add, that hits no longer stop swings. I don’t remember what that is called, but it used to be you could stop a 1 handers swing at you with a pre-emptive hit, now you can’t, leaving MAA’s the masters of the battlefield. Possibly related to netcode/fps/warp/whatever, but you cannot stop an attack with a hit anymore.

• Just be thankful you can start the game without locking up… With all these crashes and bugs most of us cant play even if we wanted to…

• 8 Cores does fuck all when the game it self only uses 2 cores. But I agree this game is bit poorly optimised. Some tweaks in the .ini files fixed this for me. This patched fixes some bugs but also created new ones.

• I just tried to play again on a duel server with 4 other people. 40ms ping…. SAME WARP SHIT

This is completely aweful… How did you manage to break everything but archers??? I mean really?

I don’t understand the warp issue at close range, there are no problems at all shooting across the map.

• Sorry dude but it’s not the way you describe for everyone, sounds like some kinda conflict in your gear. Try checking your drivers and stuff.

FWIW wind-ups can still be interrupted and all my weapon ranges seem fine. I also have seen a few people quit after the game changes to some of the new maps for FPS reasons, so it’s not just you.

• Safh,

I suggest paying attention when playing, to what I am speaking about. I can miss wildly with a 2 hander, standing still, and get hit with a 1 hander. Conversly, I can get missed by weapons where the swing goes through my body.

You may not notice it because of your playstyle, but something is terribly wrong now with hit detection at close range.

• @Safh:

Sorry dude but it’s not the way you describe for everyone, sounds like some kinda conflict in your gear. Try checking your drivers and stuff.

FWIW wind-ups can still be interrupted and all my weapon ranges seem fine. I also have seen a few people quit after the game changes to some of the new maps for FPS reasons, so it’s not just you.

YEAH SURE,i hear this b*llshit line on every game that is full of bugs, ‘its your system, not the game’.

Game is messed up since the patch HEAVILY, i got a computer that can run the crap out of the game, and it did before the patch, now i have noticed my videocard in MSI Afterburner that the fan has to work even harder now. Swings that go through somebody and doesn’t do any damage at all, or swings hitting me that are not even near me! EVEN with a ping of 30 this happens. I can’t even duel properly anymore, people who spam their swings like crazy seem to win now.

• I coulda swore I saw one of these threads after the last patch. And the patch before that. And when it was in Beta. And so on and so forth.

There will always be bugs, always. Why? Because no engine is perfect. It has to work on a wide variety of hardware to be feasible for use.

It most likely IS your hardware. Drivers are updated alot more often than people realize. Just because you have a fancy car(computer) does not mean you can throw cheap gas(old drivers) in it and expect something bad not to happen.

Sure your swing that should have imploded that guys face in going right through and him lopping your head off instead is annoying. Just remember, it can happen to them too and just think how mad they will be when it does :)

• @tielknight:

Sure your swing that should have imploded that guys face in going right through and him lopping your head off instead is annoying. Just remember, it can happen to them too and just think how mad they will be when it does :)

Im sorry, but what kind of idiotic consolation is this? "Be happy because the game failing on YOU can also fail on your opponent? The game shouldn’t fail at all, period. We are paying for a service and the service is faulty. I too have noticed what Necranomium and mxxpower are saying. It is annoying as hell. I remember swinging THREE times with a Claymore in a guys face. He didnt block or dodge or use hit and run tactics, he was just there rigth next to me and my blade passed right through him three times while he peppered me with his little dagger and hitting me with stabs… so if he was in range to hit me with a DAGGER, how the hell did my claymore NOT hit him… three times?? That is messed up right there.