MAA rules

• developers didn’t ponder about balance.

MMA is the best class in CHIVALRY. They can use “telepotation” and has fastest swing.

once MMA attack knights or vanguard, it is better to stop clicking mouse, using keyboard than struggling with MMA.

MAA should be use up more stamina for their special movement.

• I wouldn’t say that they rule.

Though when not playing MaA vs MaA, I have noticed that particularly with with changes to kick, I have found them harder to deal with.

I personally assumed I just need to adopt a new play style against them.

• bad MAA are extremely easy to kill… When they’re close, they pretty much left click spam you and you can easily counter and obliterate them…

• Switching to your secondary gives you the exact same melee capabilities that the MAA has (unless you’re archer). Vanguards use the axes, and knights can use the maces. Then, it’s a game of who is better at exploiting the enemy. The knight/vanguard are tougher and therefore take more hits, but the MAA is faster and has dodge. I do think that a pro MAA is a bit too strong, but there are so many fail MAA’s that this seems to balance it out IMO.

FTR, I main a MAA and when I’m playing it I always get bare minimum 3-1 in a duel, usually more like 6/9-1/2. On the other hand, I often get similar W/L’s with my knight, it’s just a little less reliable. Unfortunately, getting good with both of those classes ruined my w/l and now I’m like 250-180 w/l respectively D:.

• @sirebear:

developers didn’t ponder about balance.

MMA is the best class in CHIVALRY. They can use “telepotation” and has fastest swing.

once MMA attack knights or vanguard, it is better to stop clicking mouse, using keyboard than struggling with MMA.

MAA should be use up more stamina for their special movement.

MAA is the worst class in the game, killable by all other classes. It sucks

• I agree. MaA dominate if played correctly. The dash in attack gives them the longest reach. And regardless of what the other poster said, the MaA has faster swinging weapons than any knight weapon. Once they get in your face and start swinging, there is no escape. The kick and parry are too slow. They hit with a second attack before a parry or kick can get out. A good MaA player waits for the the opponent to swing. Then they dash forward swinging. If they time it right. They hit before the opponent finishes the swing animation. Then there is no escape. As more people play against GOOD MaA players in duel, this will get noticed.

• @CrimsonAvenger:

MaA dominate if played correctly.

And how many people play MAA correctly? I know a guy or two. Most of the time people can’t play/give up MAA because hes squishy.

• @Sir:

@CrimsonAvenger:

MaA dominate if played correctly.

And how many people play MAA correctly? I know a guy or two. Most of the time people can’t play/give up MAA because hes squishy.

MaA is NOT squishy. At least not for his mobility. 90% of the weapons in game need as many hits for Vanguards as they do for MaA. Some weapons even take the same htk for MaA and Knight (and there are quite many).

• Last time I checked squishy meant low HP pool. MAA is a 1 or 2 shot kill, I often get killed with 1 shot because of my teammates not watching where they aim their strikes at and hit me only to be finished off by the enemy with 1 hit.

• @CrimsonAvenger:

I agree. MaA dominate if played correctly. The dash in attack gives them the longest reach. And regardless of what the other poster said, the MaA has faster swinging weapons than any knight weapon. Once they get in your face and start swinging, there is no escape. The kick and parry are too slow. They hit with a second attack before a parry or kick can get out. A good MaA player waits for the the opponent to swing. Then they dash forward swinging. If they time it right. They hit before the opponent finishes the swing animation. Then there is no escape. As more people play against GOOD MaA players in duel, this will get noticed.

You’re just factually wrong when you claim that the man at arms can attack faster than the other classes. A knight using a mace or a broadsword for example will swing exactly as fast as a man at arms with the same weapon.
    The kick is not made to interrupt an attack so there’s no wonder that it’s not working for you, the kick is there to break a block. You will however have time to parry even after you flinch, you just have to time it right.

You are right on the last part, a good MaA will wait till you miss an attack and punish you for it. Good knights I meet wait for me to make a mistake and punish me for it as they can easily take at least one more hit than me, most if the times even two.

A good knight with a one hander and no shield is the hardest ones to beat as they can hurt me just as quickly as I can hurt them, and they can take it better than I can.

• @Sir:

And how many people play MAA correctly?

Just off the top of my head I can name at least a dozen, and I certainly don’t know every MaA player in every good clan, let alone every MaA player in Chivalry. I know more competent MaAs than competent Vanguards, honestly, because Vanguard isn’t generally seen as a great competitive class at the moment (but my Zweihander disagrees).

• @Ulven:

@CrimsonAvenger:

I agree. MaA dominate if played correctly. The dash in attack gives them the longest reach. And regardless of what the other poster said, the MaA has faster swinging weapons than any knight weapon. Once they get in your face and start swinging, there is no escape. The kick and parry are too slow. They hit with a second attack before a parry or kick can get out. A good MaA player waits for the the opponent to swing. Then they dash forward swinging. If they time it right. They hit before the opponent finishes the swing animation. Then there is no escape. As more people play against GOOD MaA players in duel, this will get noticed.

You’re just factually wrong when you claim that the man at arms can attack faster than the other classes. A knight using a mace or a broadsword for example will swing exactly as fast as a man at arms with the same weapon.
    The kick is not made to interrupt an attack so there’s no wonder that it’s not working for you, the kick is there to break a block. You will however have time to parry even after you flinch, you just have to time it right.

You are right on the last part, a good MaA will wait till you miss an attack and punish you for it. Good knights I meet wait for me to make a mistake and punish me for it as they can easily take at least one more hit than me, most if the times even two.

A good knight with a one hander and no shield is the hardest ones to beat as they can hurt me just as quickly as I can hurt them, and they can take it better than I can.

The MaA can swing faster than a knight because he has access to faster swinging weapons than a knight. This is a fact.
    Pick a knight with a longsword. have a MaA attack with his fastest weapon. try performing a parry while he spams the attack button. you will not get the animation off before he hits again. you can click the parry button like a mad man, it wont come out in time. not unless you have a much better ping than the MaA.

• The “faster” weapons that the MAA has are the secondaries. Most of which shouldn’t even be used against a Knight with the exception of Thrusting Dagger(If you feel like trolling, but if you’re gonna do that, fists are much funnier.) and Cudgel. There’s no particular reason why a Knight has to use his Primary all the time.

Also consider this:

Broadsword Knight vs Broadsword MAA.
    Same weapon, same swing speed. Knight can 2 shot MAA with Slashes, Overheads, or Headstabs.
    Best case scenario, MAA requires three hits to kill a Knight. And all 3 hits must be Overheadshots or Headstabs.

Falchion Knight vs Falchion MAA.
    Same speed obviously. Knight can 2 shot MAA with Slashes, and Overheads. If either is a headshot, then the second hit can be a Stab.
    MAA still requires 3 hits to kill a knight, but it’s a lot easier than with Broadsword. Basically 3 of anything except Stabs will do the job.

Norse Sword Knight vs Norse Sword MAA.
    2 shots to kill an MAA. One of them has to be an overhead. The second can be whatever you want.
    MAA…uh…why are you using Norse Sword, Mr. At Arms? You know it’s pretty…not good, right? The speed? Well…I guess the speed is okay but…really, consider trying the Broadsword or Falchion.

Combine this with the fact that he’s got a much bigger and scarier shield than you, and I’d say Knights and MAAs are pretty much on equal footing. Knights have plenty of ability to eliminate an MAA. Just push 2.

• @CrimsonAvenger:

The MaA can swing faster than a knight because he has access to faster swinging weapons than a knight. This is a fact.
    Pick a knight with a longsword. have a MaA attack with his fastest weapon. try performing a parry while he spams the attack button. you will not get the animation off before he hits again. you can click the parry button like a mad man, it wont come out in time. not unless you have a much better ping than the MaA.

If you use a slow weapon then yes, the MaA will be faster. But the knight has also access to the MaA’s broadsword and he’ll attack exactly as fast with it. Same with the falchion, norse sword, flanged mace, morning star and the holy sprinkler.

You’re building a strawman where you use his slow weapons against the MaA’s weapons.
    Now I will give you that the MaA also got access to daggers and the weaker swords, (the secondaries) but those weapons are very subpar compared to the others.

Unless you are doing something very wrong a man at arms should not be able to stun lock you, especially since you have the same weapons avaliable.

• MAA dies in one or two hits what do you expect? The class would be completely useless if they nerf it’s mobility; in team matches MAA pretty much have to watch what -everyones- weapon on the screen is doing and avoid everything or die. With Knights, you can trade hits and run in to groups of people pretty comfortably where an MAA has to be extremely careful and use his mobility to engage at the right time, then maneuver around everyones attacks or you’re screwed. You have to consider all aspects of the game, if you nerf their mobility they’d be useless to the team.

• @CrimsonAvenger:

If you do not over use feint, this is where you take them out in a duel, as many will try to dodge to your side after you attack to unleash. Feint will usually allow you to still parry.