Player counts still off on server browser

• Obviously nothing has changed with the new patches.

Player counts are still way, way off. Like saying 32/32 when there are 0/0 and everything in between.

• The player count for servers issue has been around since release, why has TB not fixed this yet? Everyone I know who plays Chivalry experiences this bug every time.

• Its the most frustrating annoying thing.

I dont think anyone is listening because mods and testers play on private servers.

But when a game says 32 out of 32 but you arrive to find it is 5 on 5 and everyone is pissed off and TKing.

Well you just wasted 10 minutes of my life and honestly you just throw the game out for a while and take a break.

Do the developers even care - not sure because there is no feedback process and nothing addressed in the latest release.

• @gregcau:

Do the developers even care - not sure because there is no feedback process and nothing addressed in the latest release.

From the changelog:

• Merged in a change for inaccurate player counts

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9587

They’re working on it. It’s an elusive one.

• This issue still persists, was about to post it myself.

I don’t see how a simple number report / check can be “elusive”.
    I may not be a master programmer, but from what I’ve done and my basic insight into the whole UDK, my simple impression is: Query value, get value.
    Since I am assuming that every other unreal engine game is not broken and the actual UDK isn’t borked, I don’t understand how this can be / got to be an issue in the first place.

• I reported this bug before, and dev said they know it and will fix it.

@gregcau:

Obviously nothing has changed with the new patches.

Player counts are still way, way off. Like saying 32/32 when there are 0/0 and everything in between.

• @SomeDudeOnAForum:

my simple impression is: Query value, get value.

That’s what the server browser does.

The servers are reporting wrong values. Ghosting seems to happen from randomly from being kicked/banned to being removed for not meeting rank/ping requirements.

• Yeah it has been reported and they are fully aware, although it is annoying, I think for the fact its a temporary issue its not major major, every time I join servers with these partially inaccurate figures there are still a substantial number of players on.

Will soon be fixed don’t worry!

• Well the problem is that most people filter for servers that aren’t full.

What really happens is that 90% of all servers listed as 24/24 and 32/32 are in reality 20-60% empty and never fill up again, because they don’t even show up in the server browser of those not listing full servers.
    And what normal person tries to join a server listed as full?

It hurts servers and play tremendously, because once more than 2-3 people leave, you don’t often get the server to fill back up. I’ve noticed this over the last few weeks more and more. Eventually you just restart your “quest for the not-too-wrong-reported server”.

Also for some reason the official servers are not all listed via browser. Some just don’t show up, ever, at all, regardless of what you set as your filter option and how long you wait.

• @SomeDudeOnAForum:

Well the problem is that most people filter for servers that aren’t full.

What really happens is that 90% of all servers listed as 24/24 and 32/32 are in reality 20-60% empty and never fill up again, because they don’t even show up in the server browser of those not listing full servers.
    And what normal person tries to join a server listed as full?

It hurts servers and play tremendously, because once more than 2-3 people leave, you don’t often get the server to fill back up. I’ve noticed this over the last few weeks more and more. Eventually you just restart your “quest for the not-too-wrong-reported server”.

Also for some reason the official servers are not all listed via browser. Some just don’t show up, ever, at all, regardless of what you set as your filter option and how long you wait.

agreed. I filtered not full for a long time until I figured it out that the counts were wrong.

Now I only ever join supposedly full servers and they always vary from 40% to 85% full.

• The number of players is one thing.

Then, there is the issue of servers not showing up. Every thime i hit refresh with I get some new servers in the list and lose some of the ones who were there before. Mind you, I use alphabetical sorting for this test.

Then, there is the wrongly reported pings. For a server, sometimes it reports 30, at other times over 100. Mind you, my internet connection is really good and stable, and the server in question plays smoothly, with ~50 constant ping.

• It seems to give incorrect information on game mode as well. I just joined a king of the hill match that was actually elimination. Yesterday, I joined a 32/32 full server that had 3 total players on it, including myself. Every time I join a server, I’m really just rolling a die and hoping for a good match. There’s no accurate way to know what server has a good number of players or the right game mode. This NEEDS to be fixed.

I just came back after a few months of not playing and experienced these same problems with the server browser; I was really hoping they would have fixed this by now.

• @Fields:

It seems to give incorrect information on game mode as well. I just joined a king of the hill match that was actually elimination. Yesterday, I joined a 32/32 full server that had 3 total players on it, including myself. Every time I join a server, I’m really just rolling a die and hoping for a good match. There’s no accurate way to know what server has a good number of players or the right game mode. This NEEDS to be fixed.

I just came back after a few months of not playing and experienced these same problems with the server browser; I was really hoping they would have fixed this by now.

Rumor has it that it is fixed (for realsies this time) in the development build that will be in the next patch.

• @ReMixx:

@Fields:

It seems to give incorrect information on game mode as well. I just joined a king of the hill match that was actually elimination. Yesterday, I joined a 32/32 full server that had 3 total players on it, including myself. Every time I join a server, I’m really just rolling a die and hoping for a good match. There’s no accurate way to know what server has a good number of players or the right game mode. This NEEDS to be fixed.

Rumor has it that it is fixed (for realsies this time) in the development build that will be in the next patch.

Greatly looking forward too it!