What is with lags today?

• I never saw that lags. Today on every official server (maybe not only official but i cant tell cause i dont play anywhere else) lags as hell. Every minute or two one big lag. Everybody have ping under 100 and still everybody tells the same.

• Everyone lags in this game. Anyone tries to deny is simply a lier or unexperienced (online) gamer. Game has a lovely engine, yet such a crappy netcode. You can have 20ms ping and still it “lags”. This game lags even over LAN.

One would think now that devs got some decent money, they could finally hire some capable c++ programmer to rewrite shitty netcode. Seriously instead of wasting time and resources on “new” content, better fix the basic.

• I had this too today. Sometimes I would get hit even tho the enemy players character shows no animation then a couple of seconds later his sword goes right through my parried and my body and recieve no damage.

• My lag started since the new patch. Could just be coincidence though. But, I am always around 40ish ping and I seem to teleport quite frequently. I never experienced any issues before this. My connection is 50 down 25 up.

• I don’t know about the others, but today my server just started spouting all this at me:

I host my own server here at home, so I’m not sure why it would be trying to connect to multiplay.co.uk

Might explain why things are laggy today though, if every server is attempting to connect every 15 seconds.

• @Sir:

My lag started since the new patch. Could just be coincidence though. But, I am always around 40ish ping and I seem to teleport quite frequently. I never experienced any issues before this. My connection is 50 down 25 up.

Not a coincidence, hence I setup a poll.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9652

• This game lags! Not talking about graphic input/output lag, but about actual latence delay in game, sliding, unregistering…and more. It has nothing to do with server location, delayed hops, bad ping…etc. I mean ofcourse usually all this parameters have impact and can affect your gaming experience. BUT… the fact is this game has really bad netcode, hence it “lags” even when only few people playing it over LAN with less than 3 ms ping on decent gaming machines with backgound un-necessary programs disabled/shutdown.

All that wouldn’t be that bad if this was RPG or some strategy type game, but in FPS this is something worst that can happen. Such crappy netcode in a FPS game really can’t lead to a successful competitive gaming and overal world’s recognition and fame.

IMO they should stop wasting their time and resources on “new” content and rather fix/rewrite actual netcode. With entering Steam they Torn Banner Studios got great opportunity to increase and multiply their income, so at least they could hire someone who came over basic C++ programming.

• @Peacerer:

This game lags! Not talking about graphic input/output lag, but about actual latence delay in game, sliding, unregistering…and more. It has nothing to do with server location, delayed hops, bad ping…etc. I mean ofcourse usually all this parameters have impact and can affect your gaming experience. BUT… the fact is this game has really bad netcode, hence it “lags” even when only few people playing it over LAN with less than 3 ms ping on decent gaming machines with backgound un-necessary programs disabled/shutdown.

All that wouldn’t be that bad if this was RPG or some strategy type game, but in FPS this is something worst that can happen. Such crappy netcode in a FPS game really can’t lead to a successful competitive gaming and overal world’s recognition and fame.

IMO they should stop wasting their time and resources on “new” content and rather fix/rewrite actual netcode. With entering Steam they Torn Banner Studios got great opportunity to increase and multiply their income, so at least they could hire someone who came over basic C++ programming.

i wouldnt say it that hard but i agree. This should be first thing on the list. Well second in fact. First i want to javelins stick in heads again :D

• Yup, the patch seems to have made the game lag, unfortunately.

• Yeah I’ve been having weird lag too post-patch. Used to have steady 60 fps in 64 player servers and now in 24 player servers I go down to 15 sometimes. Luckily though it only happens for a minute or two and then stops for the rest of the time I play.