Your first weapon

• It’s still a week out before beta release, and another month after before full release. The wait is killing me, so I figure I would talk about the game some more to pass the time.

When I saw the arsenal page go up on the website, I was really impressed. To be honest, the arsenal is probably what got me to get this game. In action games, I always like a wide variety of things with which to fight enemies with. The arsenal has a lot of weapons and it looks really promising.

When you first get started, either when beta starts or the game comes out, what’s the first thing your going to pick out of the arsenal? What really jumps out at you and says “I want that one”? There’s a huge variety of blades, bludgeons, and spears, and shooting weapons to choose from.

Personally, I want to see how the two-handed grand mace would work. I’m a big fan of using brute force to overpower opponents and kill them instantly. Second to that, I would say the heavy crossbow, mostly for the same reasons.

• So far, my top 3 weapons would be the bardiche, bearded axe, or dane axe. Can’t wait to figure out how the controls will work and gettin’ some awesome decapitations :D

• My first impression was that I’d be all about bashing people up with the mace or morningstar but when it comes down to actual gameplay I find few weapons close to the same level of enjoyment as the Norse sword (AKA the deadly poker). The grand mace is another favorite when I feel like playing a knight, and when it comes to the vanguard I pretty much always go for the spear (AKA the bigger and even deadlier poker). Falchions have always had some badass factor for me but I’m no good with it in Chivalry (probably because it isn’t a poke weapon or a giant mace).

• Javelineer ranged/melee hybrid master race reporting in.

• @Wingy:

Javelineer ranged/melee hybrid master race reporting in.

• This is Captain Cudgel, ambush in place and raring to go.

• For me, it’d be the Sword of War or the Longsword, I just like the way they look and their stats make me think they’re the weapons of a duellist. While we’re on the topic of weapons, is there restrictions on which weapons Agatha can have, and which Mason can have?

• No, I don’t think so. It wasn’t like that in AoC, so it would be silly to give side restricted weapons this time. It would be nice if they gave some varying aesthetics to each side though, like how shields have a different color.

• There is no side restriction on weapons.

• Thank you, I was thinking from the media I’ve seen I thought that flamberge looked too cool to be held in Agathian hands, but I’m happy there’s no restrictions =)

• I hope you can throw a javelin as good as any one who has actully practised in real life. Im just saying it would be good if you could throw the light spear a good 60 or so meters at a 45 degree angle maby 45 for the Javelin and 30 for the heavy! I think that would be good because I am only 16 and I can throw a 700g Javelin a good 40 meters. Im just saying. Oh yah an I think i will use the War bow first :D then the spear! then have a good go with the javelins! ha ha

• I’d love to be a sneaky light crossbowman who uses smoke as cover to backstab, if the game allows it :P

• @SlyGoat:

My first impression was that I’d be all about bashing people up with the mace or morningstar but when it comes down to actual gameplay I find few weapons close to the same level of enjoyment as the Norse sword (AKA the deadly poker). The grand mace is another favorite when I feel like playing a knight, and when it comes to the vanguard I pretty much always go for the spear (AKA the bigger and even deadlier poker). Falchions have always had some badass factor for me but I’m no good with it in Chivalry (probably because it isn’t a poke weapon or a giant mace).

Here come the Deadly Poking Goat with its mighty poking horns too sly to approach ya.

• Crossbow. I love one shot, one kill type of weapons.
    My second choice will be some kind of shield and axe/spear combo.

• Really depends how i wanna play. Sometimes I wanna bash skulls with a mace, and later spear someone

• my favorite would be the warbow with fire arrows, and for mellee the man at arms with a good sword and a medium shield, i think i’ll spend almost all my time with this game with these, im really curious about the warbow, longbow and shortbow are for pussies(no offense) in my opinion, and crossbow is really good but it has no charm and its aim and range pisses me off all the time(at least in AoC), and for mellee is because i really love swords above everything (even spear) but i prefer a high damage sword or a real fast sword than a balanced one. ( i look foward to form archers formation and fore volleys of fire arrows(amazing :D )and for mellee i prefer to go alone)

• I want a long sword… as long as its sort of realistic with how its wielded.

• @Gedeon:

I want a long sword… as long as its sort of realistic with how its wielded.

Back in the day, men gripped it between their thighs and stabbed at their opponent with pelvic thrusts.

• @Strudel:

Back in the day, men gripped it between their thighs and stabbed at their opponent with pelvic thrusts.

I fact, that level of historical accuracy is the secret feature if the game reaches the 500.000 stretch goal on kickstarter.

• @Wingy:

@Strudel:

I fact, that level of historical accuracy is the secret feature if the game reaches the 500.000 stretch goal on kickstarter.

:x :x :x

You guys…