Feints need to be much shorter.

• Right now, you might as well flip a coin, it adds too much randomness factor to a game that was supposed to be skill-based.
    Feinting should last like the blink of an eye.

• what? you think that it is too strong then you want to make it stronger? WTF?

• @Bigamo:

what? you think that it is too strong then you want to make it stronger? WTF?

That’s so not what I said.
    I said the feint should be shorter, so you can’t confuse it with a real strike unless you’re panicking (or just bad).

• I get what he is saying. Like making it so you can’t feint at the end of a windup, it would have to just be the beginning of a windup only so that its easier to spot a feint. Not a bad way to adjust feints. I’d rather see em removed, but some compromise would be ok.

• @LAVA:

I get what he is saying. Like making it so you can’t feint at the end of a windup, it would have to just be the beginning of a windup only so that its easier to spot a feint. Not a bad way to adjust feints. I’d rather see em removed, but some compromise would be ok.

The only time feints tend to be an issue , for me is at facehug range, otherwise there is still plenty of time to block/parry.

Forcing a feint to happen at the beginning of a windup, would simly break feints and not do anything for facehugs.

Just doesn’t make sense to me.

• @nsweetman:

@LAVA:

I get what he is saying. Like making it so you can’t feint at the end of a windup, it would have to just be the beginning of a windup only so that its easier to spot a feint. Not a bad way to adjust feints. I’d rather see em removed, but some compromise would be ok.

The only time feints tend to be an issue , for me is at facehug range, otherwise there is still plenty of time to block/parry.

Forcing a feint to happen at the beginning of a windup, would simly break feints and not do anything for facehugs.

Just doesn’t make sense to me.

Actually feint issue is bad at all weapons and all times, but it is the ROFLM instance in spears and halberts.

• Spears and halberds have thrusts with relatively fast windups, great reaches, and they travel through their reach quickly after the windup. Ergo, their feints approach impossible to read out to a surprisingly large range.

• you know you can make feints longer or shorter based on when you press the feint button. As long as its during the windup, you can feint later to make a longer feint or you can feint instantly almost to make it like a blink.

Taking feints away would not add to the skill needed to play, it would take away from it. You need to wait for the actual swings with feints. Also… how are you to take out shield guys, etc or skilled players without feints. Without feints, fights would last longer, and just be attack parry battles. Everything would be SUPER easy to block if feints were un available.

This thought just isn’t well THOUGHT out!

• @clayton-bigsby:

you know you can make feints longer or shorter based on when you press the feint button. As long as its during the windup, you can feint later to make a longer feint or you can feint instantly almost to make it like a blink.

Taking feints away would not add to the skill needed to play, it would take away from it. You need to wait for the actual swings with feints. Also… how are you to take out shield guys, etc or skilled players without feints. Without feints, fights would last longer, and just be attack parry battles. Everything would be SUPER easy to block if feints were un available.

This thought just isn’t well THOUGHT out!

That’s why I suggest it to be shorter, like last only 0.05 second.
    This way you can trick someone based on his lack of skill and not on a roll of dice.

• @LAVA:

I was actually under the impression that this was how faint worked, though with a very small frame from the end of the feint to where the weapon hits… guess I just been fighting bad feinters ;/

• @Hitom:

@LAVA:

I was actually under the impression that this was how faint worked, though with a very small frame from the end of the feint to where the weapon hits… guess I just been fighting bad feinters ;/

Feints are already fast as it is… probably already faster than .5 seconds (shorter). You have to feint soon after you start an attack… it’s not like your attacks take 5 seconds long or anything… no they are usually quick so your feint needs to be timed quickly already. Change not necessary. I posted a long winded reasoning for feints… go read that if ya feel like it, i’m not gonna type it 10 times into all the nerf or rid the feints posts on here. At least OP’s is not a RID THE FEINTS post, it’s more of an ALTER THE FEINTS posts which i can respect a lot more than people that are just like… get rid of them altogether… that is just plain dumb

• @Hitom:

@LAVA:

I think most feinters are bad, just abuse a easy to use mechanic to get results easier.