Feinting ruining the fun… :(

• Thats it, i said it all already :)

I am a level 36 player and pretty good to be honest ;)

Feint right now is just a broken bad mechanic, it requires no skill at all,but i see some morons saying that it promotes skilled gameplay, my ass it does. All it promotes is all aggressive all in fighting to counter this terribad mechanic.

I cant have a proper duel cause if i give anytime to a opponent with a longer weapon than my own they hill feint, one, maibe two, and maibe 3 freaking times before striking and make it a terribad guessing game. (i am playing usually claymore atm, but my best weapon is the spear… cause you know, i can abuse feints too… )

You can parry SOME attacks with last instant parries, but a lot of then are just nonviable, GL trying to last moment parry a nord sword stab, or even a spear stab. its just not possible. So to counter this kind of play you need to go all in and combo, and trade and dont give then anytime to feint. and it is boring and kills the skill in the game.

almost going back to Age of chivalry cause there are no stupid shit feints to kill the fun and the skill based combat.

And no, dont come tell me that need ANY skill to feint, its just stupid op crap that make otherwise mediocre players look cool exploiting a broken mechanic.

• @Bigamo:

Thats it, i said it all already :)

I am a level 36 player and pretty good to be honest ;)

Feint right now is just a broken bad mechanic, it requires no skill at all,but i see some morons saying that it promotes skilled gameplay, my ass it does. All it promotes is all aggressive all in fighting to counter this terribad mechanic.

I cant have a proper duel cause if i give anytime to a opponent with a longer weapon than my own they hill feint, one, maibe two, and maibe 3 freaking times before striking and make it a terribad guessing game. (i am playing usually claymore atm, but my best weapon is the spear… cause you know, i can abuse feints too… )

You can parry SOME attacks with last instant parries, but a lot of then are just nonviable, GL trying to last moment parry a nord sword stab, or even a spear stab. its just not possible. So to counter this kind of play you need to go all in and combo, and trade and dont give then anytime to feint. and it is boring and kills the skill in the game.

almost going back to Age of chivalry cause there are no stupid shit feints to kill the fun and the skill based combat.

And no, dont come tell me that need ANY skill to feint, its just stupid op crap that make otherwise mediocre players look cool exploiting a broken mechanic.

So basically it’s broken cuz’ you suck at it? Good grief.

• I agree that feinting is totally crap and should be either taken out of the game or majorly reworked…. Of course, this is a huge issue and there are two sides of this argument with both sides having their own views and opinions. My personal view and opinion is that feinting is completely trash and it just takes the game and turns it into a guessing game which the defender loses most of the time…

Great example of a good fight is Dr.Nick’s video in this topic: viewtopic.php?f=84&t=9020&hilit=fun+without+feinting

• Its not guessing its knowing … and this is “skill” knowing what your opponent will do next and do counter or attack first its thats simpel, i love this game for that, tbs pls dont change nothing.
    Just try to get better, try to figure out why you loose and work on it yjust because you get owned doesnt mean the game is broken.

• @sirsmokealot:

Its not guessing its knowing … and this is “skill” knowing what your opponent will do next and do counter or attack first its thats simpel, i love this game for that, tbs pls dont change nothing.
    Just try to get better, try to figure out why you loose and work on it yjust because you get owned doesnt mean the game is broken.

Yes clearly the only reason someone could dislike part of a game is because suck at it, lets not change anything ever.

• I think the next update needs to put the options on servers to disable feints.

• @sirsmokealot:

Its not guessing its knowing … and this is “skill” knowing what your opponent will do next and do counter or attack first its thats simpel, i love this game for that, tbs pls dont change nothing.

lol the fun!

:D Actually i am super good at it when i get the weapon that used to be my main (spear) and that i quit exactly cause playing like that is no different of cheating.

Someone will say that spears will suck in duels with nerfed feint, and i tend to agree. But you know, since ancient Greece spears arent main duel weapons cause they suck at it. But not in chivalry, in chivalry with a spear you will OWN any 2 handed weapon user.

You use spears for lang range and when the fight gets close you exchange for a secondary weapon and problem solved.

Right now the only “counter” to spear feinting is try to all in and trade cause you cant give a single instant for the spear user attack you or you lose.

I want to play a bit of defense too.

• @Dr:

I think the next update needs to put the options on servers to disable feints.

I disagree, i think it need to be fixed, no weapon should have impossible to defend attacks. Feint need a bigger time, to change the pace of the fight, and not make the attack impossible to parry.

• It’s pretty obvious to any respectable rank 30-35+ that feint is a broken mechanic and goes against the “core values” of the game. It removes tons of player skill that is learned and earned through time and dedication and replaces it with nonsensical chance (and a little skill.) Pretty much any newb can spend a few hours getting familiar with it and dominate 50% of the fights they run into, regardless of the other players skill(kinda like archery :D )…Just completely broken and possibly a game breaker for competitive game play in my eyes

Add a server option to disable or implement measures to balance, this is a must for serious players and the longevity of the game.

and ya, i double posted, cause this shit is broken and deserves as many threads and bumps as it takes

-Park Ranger Jeff (39)

• @sirsmokealot:

It’s not guessing, it’s knowing… This is “skill”. Knowing what your opponent will do next, and counter or attack first. It’s that simple. I love this game for that. Please don’t change anything. Just try to get better. Try to figure out why you lose and work on it. Just because you get owned doesn’t mean the game is broken.

I fixed your statement for you.

Now my response:
    I don’t typically get “owned” by feints. However, I think people rely on feinting way too much to win fights. I also think that these same people cannot win many fights without them, because of a heavy reliance on these mechanics.

I would like to see a good fight without feints becoming a more typical thing. Lots of clashing steel and quick reflexes. None of this trickery and deceit.

• PEOPLE THAT WANT TO TAKE FEINTS OUT ARE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBs.

• @clayton-bigsby:

PEOPLE THAT WANT TO TAKE FEINTS OUT ARE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBs.

Really? whats your rank?

People that like feints are noobs, cause it gives then chance to beat a far better player that otherwise they would not EVER beat.

• The people that defend feints rely on it to win. They have an agenda of course they don’t want it fixed in favor of a mechanic that makes actual sense.

Have fun killing the game guys.

• I think they should implement a 2-3 seconds cooldown so that you can’t feint multiple times in a row and I do think that they should reduce the window that you have to feint an attack so that being able to tell the difference between a feint and a real attack is easier.

However, they should absolutely not remove the feint mechanic from the game. I would much rather have fights end quickly through feints than have ridiculous back and forth battles that last forever until someone decides to do something stupid like jump in the air or swing drag(lol).

• Sorry for bad english im german but i want to make my point here, maybe you know me ingame [BHR]MeisterGlanz. I dominate the battlefield often, but not with feint, its more predicting you enemys moves, knowing the reach of the weapons involved in the fight, and especially the weapon timings of your and yours enemy weapons and using all these knowledge in your footwork and timing.
    I only need feint against good players because then after a few exchange of hits where most of my opponents already are smashed to the ground a good player needs to be feinted to land a hit. withaout feint such a fight may take minutes.
    I need feint to intterupt my attack when i see the hit wont land and then i start a new attack, you clearly can see if a enemy feints and you have enough time to parry you must just be alertly and block in the last moment and people who cant block in the last moment wont win fights against people who can even when feinting is removed.
    Every nerfing of feinting will result in a lower skill gameplay, so please tbs if you considering nerfing this pls make this a new mode or serveroption but the current implementation is absolutly ok and maybe just needs minor tweaks but no cooldown or other nerfing things . thx

• I dont see the problem.

Both players have equal access to feints so its not an advantage for one player versus another.

Feints only really work if you use them within striking distance so if you use them you can get punished if the other player strikes at you instead of parrying.

Feints are only really of use against very defensive players who parry excessively - thats the only time I use them.

If you are getting feinted go on the offensive.

• @gregcau:

I dont see the problem.

Both players have equal access to feints so its not an advantage for one player versus another.

Feints only really work if you use them within striking distance so if you use them you can get punished if the other player strikes at you instead of parrying.

Feints are only really of use against very defensive players who parry excessively - thats the only time I use them.

If you are getting feinted go on the offensive.

This sounds great but it doesn’t really work like this in game at all for one reason. When you have been parried, it is completely impossible to attack back first, the game was designed this way intentionally. So if you counter from a parry (not the fast unfeintable counter) you have complete free reign to feint without risking getting attacked. Literally the only choice for that player is to guess whether to parry now, or wait for a suspected real attack. Of course, what you say is true if you attempt to feint from idle, but feinting from parry is much easier.

• Theres a third option too … not blocking while he windsup to see if hes feinting and then block … its possible because block is coming up instant. If i know the enemy uses feint i often can do this. Its also important to have a distance between you and your enemy for example attack with a stab first paddle back whilst the hit lands than its easier to distinguish feint from real attack.

• @Martin:

Literally the only choice for that player is to guess whether to parry now, or wait for a suspected real attack.

It is possible to spot the feints but that doesn’t always provide to be a good solution because it requires you to keep your head very cool and backpeddle to keep the distance. The safest thing to do is to kick, to feint, to attack ( yes attacks will land if your opponet has feinted) or to make a sidestep so he misses his attack ( high risk).