Well I guess that is the end of my duelling (fixed)

• All I hear is whining that your shield actually has a downside now.

• @Xanith:

All I hear is whining that your shield actually has a downside now.

Shield has several downsides now but I still enjoy sword and shield, just not taking up the majority of my screen.

• @gregcau:

@Xanith:

All I hear is whining that your shield actually has a downside now.

Shield has several downsides now

Like what?

• Aww so you can’t rely on good old easy 3rd person? So it’s time to quit? Too bad.

• @Bloodhead:

Aww so you can’t rely on good old easy 3rd person? So it’s time to quit? Too bad.

Was that comment necessary?

Looks at his ban’berd. Looks back at you.

• No offense, but aren’t you a bit overanked by now to play in 3rd?

• What fov do you play on?

• @The:

No offense, but aren’t you a bit overanked by now to play in 3rd?

No offense taken.

I can do 1st - I just dont like it. Maybe I would need a better mouse but the view is just small. Maybe if FOV was like 200 (whatever that means) then it would be fine. But the view is just too small and you have to swing around like crazy to follow a teleporting MAA who jumps to your side.

Just like 3rd person more.

Anyway I found 3rd person servers again, perhaps it was just a lull in off hours. Certainly a filter of 1st verson open would be nice.

• @DokB:

What fov do you play on?

Maxed at 110.

I actually believe parrying is easier in 1st person but fighting mobile people that flank you is a lot harder.

• @gregcau:

@DokB:

What fov do you play on?

Maxed at 110.

I actually believe parrying is easier in 1st person but fighting mobile people that flank you is a lot harder.

@gregcau:

Maybe if FOV was like 200 (whatever that means) then it would be fine.

Trust me, you wouldn’t want anything more than 120 fov if that was available. If you’ve messed around with the fov settings in games like TF2, then you’ll know exactly what I’m talking about.

I find that if I keep aware of my surroundings (listen to sounds etc, I play MaA mostly so I usually pick my own fights and don’t charge in willy nilly) then I won’t be flanked.

Also 1st person is essential for judging weapon distance I’ve found which is crucial to my playstyle and I only ever use 3rd person when I want to have a wider range of sight (seeing around corners, looking over the top of the pyre from below on Hillside to scout for enemies lying in ambush).