Weapon lengths

• With interrupt being as crazy as it is, longer weapons really need to keep opponents at proper distance. If a polearm stabs me as a MAA closing, I can take the stab but still get in his face. He should have to miss or me dodge for that to happen. Same applies as say me with a longsword vs. a archer and dagger. I land a stab as they close and they still end up in range. I am not charging them so its not me doing the closing, i fight with the tip of the longsword.

• So you want to be able to dodge trough his polearm? that don’t seem fair…

• @Hitom:

So you want to be able to dodge trough his polearm? that don’t seem fair…

Actually I think he is saying just the opposite.

But the real issue here is the flinch mechanics, since the patch I believe it now works in windup as well as recovery.

This means that if say an MaA dodges in through a 2-handed taking the stab, and thrusting you will hit him during his realease (no flinch), but he will get you in your recovery (flinch). Now he gets a free hit.

This is just one of many examples of the game mechanics favoring an aggressive stance over a defensive one.

The only way to correct this I can see is for a weapon to “exist” upon windup, but feints and dragging could potentailly exploit this so……

But I do agree that it sucks that somone can essentailly fall on my sword so that they can hit me twice.

• @Hitom:

So you want to be able to dodge trough his polearm? that don’t seem fair…

How did you even get to this deduction from what you read? Seriously.