Things I don't like about duel mode

• 1 while checking the score we should still be able to move (and the board shouldnt be opac ) …

2 being stuck with the shield just frustrates me , i never use a shield … i want my throwables!

3 the scores arent clear … i want to see my k/d ratio not my w/l ratio …!

4 i dont really like the “challenge” system … my 2 duel games consisted in 2 guys dueling each other and one kept losing on purpose … so the other guy won both games … ( we were 7 on the duel server )

5 in spectate at the end ( wating for duels to finish ) stuck in the spec mode is not nice imo , all the ppls waiting should be in a small “arena” so we could pass the time by fighting eachothers …

well , maybe ive jumped to conclusion too fast and didnt gave the mode a fair chance , but so far i hate this duel mode with a passion … i preffer the good old “taunt” duels … ( but the maps are nice! )

• 1 while checking the score we should still be able to move (and the board shouldnt be opac ) …

Well, this is something you can get used to. You’ll never really need to move while looking at the scoreboard, everything you need to know you can look at in between duels.

2 being stuck with the shield just frustrates me , i never use a shield … i want my throwables!

Lost all respect for you when I read this. Throwables are the bane of skilled duels and absolutely should not be allowed. If it were up to me I would ban archers from duel servers entirely.

3 the scores arent clear … i want to see my k/d ratio not my w/l ratio …!

I don’t think many people will agree with you on this. No-one really cares.

4 i dont really like the “challenge” system … my 2 duel games consisted in 2 guys dueling each other and one kept losing on purpose … so the other guy won both games … ( we were 7 on the duel server )

This I will agree with; too many times I have been wanting to fight 1 or 2 specific people and have spent the whole game fighting lowbies… not very challenging or fun.

5 in spectate at the end ( wating for duels to finish ) stuck in the spec mode is not nice imo , all the ppls waiting should be in a small “arena” so we could pass the time by fighting eachothers …

Not really necessary.

• Yes challenge system is annoying as hell.

Scoreboard popping up while you congratulate your opponent on his win is annoying.

I like the spectate mode - always interesting to watch other duels.

Oh and the map with the circular staircase and rising elevator is awful.

• I suck and my best weapon is a bardiche, kept hitting walls when trying to swing, I tried 3 duel maps. Oh yeah if the opponent picks a ranged class we should be able to use throwables against them.

• What is there to like about duel mode? :)

• @Matti:

What is there to like about duel mode? :)

Overall its pretty fun

• @gregcau:

Yes challenge system is annoying as hell.

How so? I think it’s needed rather than relying on the pool.

@gregcau:

Scoreboard popping up while you congratulate your opponent on his win is annoying.

Indeed, I call it the invasive UI. You try to type, it kicks you out of the chat box and if you hit M or N, you have to reselect your loadout because there’s no way to back out of the select class screen.

@gregcau:

I like the spectate mode - always interesting to watch other duels.

Agreed, though it’s sometimes hard to spectate a specific player and you get pulled out of spectator mode without warning if you get matched with someone.

@gregcau:

Oh and the map with the circular staircase and rising elevator is awful.

Not just that one, but I agree

• @Daiyuki:

@gregcau:

Oh its needed, but its the implementation of the user interface that is annoying.

So I am in a battle and I see challenge scroll on my chat.

Im like no problem I dont mind a challenge - but Im in the middle of a duel so I dont have time to tab to the screen and accept it.

So I wait until the end and after trying to click on the person on the list (the names move around) I finally click Accept.

But that person is in the duel now ugh. So now what do I do - do I need to leave the pool and wait.

Its all very confusing and buggy.

Better if

a) Challenge displays like the vote displays and you pressed Insert to say Yes to accept.

b) The challenger receives a notification that the challenge was accepted.

c) End of your duel and the challenge begins.

• @gregcau:

@Daiyuki:

@gregcau:

Oh its needed, but its the implementation of the user interface that is annoying.

So I am in a battle and I see challenge scroll on my chat.

Im like no problem I dont mind a challenge - but Im in the middle of a duel so I dont have time to tab to the screen and accept it.

So I wait until the end and after trying to click on the person on the list (the names move around) I finally click Accept.

But that person is in the duel now ugh. So now what do I do - do I need to leave the pool and wait.

Its all very confusing and buggy.

Better if

a) Challenge displays like the vote displays and you pressed Insert to say Yes to accept.

b) The challenger receives a notification that the challenge was accepted.

c) End of your duel and the challenge begins.

That’s what happens if you accept during a duel already. If you didn’t and the other person is now in a duel, just spectate their duel and then challenge them in the last round/right as it ends. Not really a problem to me, I just dislike the maps and UI too much to spend a lot of time in duel mode in the first place. I want to be able to chat freely without the UI popping up over everything and bugging out my chatbox.

• ok , ive play a couples of hours in duel … and all i can say is , thnx but no thnx … i personaly really dont like it … the maps are awesome! but damn ,i really hate that mode with a passion … even if im in the possitive , its more rage than fun … the menues and gameplay is really not my thing

what sadden me the most is ,my favorite mod is TO … and TBS added only one new TO map in the patch, all the other new maps are for duels … seriously guys , im a huge fan of the game but ffs , put the SDKS in your top priority list already! …i dont care about new weapons or new class … i want new TO maps … i feel like 90% of the new patch is a big waste … ( the new weapons arent even good. well, theyre fun to use yes, but not useful )

again , gj on the bug fixes and stuff but ill stay on the good old “taunt” duel servers …