An end to friendly fire and more.

• Friendly fire is an important part of warfare, as it makes you think before you swing and kill a team mate, unfortunately it is a huge problem on chivalry as people have no regard for this, mainly, because the way people score on each match somehow motivates people to do this. killing someone gives you 10 points, killing a friend gives you -10 points, therefore if there is 2 enemies almost dead and a friend, most people are going to take a slash to finish both red off, consequently finishing off his friend too.

I personally think its cause of the way the interface is designed, and the scoring method. I understand why you would show the number of kills and deaths in a team death match, as this is what matters, but in a team objective map, showing the kills and deaths and granting kills a huge amount of score, while actually pushing a cart, or doing the objective right gives you barely any, they should be inverted, and there is no reason to show the number of kills in a team objective map, as it only helps to motivate people to get more kills, other than get the job done.

So based on this I have come up with three suggestions (Feel free to correct, suggest and add any you think fit):

1. The interfaces for scoring should drastically change to represent the game type being played. Duel got its own interface, why shouldn’t the rest? Information like damage, damage taken, friendly damage, friendly kills and objective help (objective help being the amount of help you gave towards the objective, bonus points for killing people near the thing you are protecting, extra points for moving a cart, manning the balista, etc.) should be added so that people see that the only thing affecting their score isn’t kills and deaths.

2. Friendly fire should drastically affect your score, as in each hit should give you a negative balance, and a friendly kill should be even worse.

3. More balanced scoring system. Obviously with the addition of new stats to the scoreboard a new scoring system should come in place that correctly suggests how useful you have been to your team. I have found myself several times being the only one pushing a cart and ending up last in scoreboard cause no one else helped.

• I’m pretty sure you already get more points for killing an enemy near the cart, but I don’t fully agree with not showing kills and deaths in objective mode. It should go by points, and it does in that you’re ranked by points and not kills, but it should display assists and objective score and every ‘tick’ of pushing the cart should award 5 points instead of the current 2 points.

Also, pushing the ram needs to give objective points, not just using it at the door. I don’t know why it doesn’t, but it’s silly.

• Not sure how many people actually care about the score, its all about getting the objective done.

The only time I go to the scoreboard is to see how the lead killer is on our team so I can back them up with solid protection.

• Maybe they could have negative assist points?

At one point you actually got assist points hitting your team mate and him getting killed by an enemy.

They fixed that.

But what if they make it you get -5 points if you hit a team mate and he gets killed?

• I’ve see both:
    1 - Friendlies go after each just to pump up the adrenaline, etc.
    2 - Friendlies take a whack at you for no apparent reason as you are standing still.

Maybe some minus points if and when it gets out of hand:
    1 - After hitting the same friendly, twice or thrice ?
    2 - After hitting 4 or more friendlies in a match ?
    3 - Definite minus for a friendly kill ?

Any more suggestions in teaching the rookies to be careful, and the over-zealous bandits ?

• @Daiyuki:

Also, pushing the ram needs to give objective points, not just using it at the door. I don’t know why it doesn’t, but it’s silly.

i hate being the hero that makes the team win and end with one of the lowest scores.

• @soni2295:

@Daiyuki:

i hate being the hero that makes the team win and end with one of the lowest scores.

meh so you have 4 people standing in front of the ram killing the oncomers. 4 people sitting behind the ram pushing it.

They are not really contributing towards getting the ram to the destination, sure one person needs to be pushing but just walking around the objective getting yourself killed is not really helpful.

Having said that, running to the ram through a thick of enemies to move it a few yards is very helpful.

Battering the ram against the door is a high risk occupation with low life expectancy and sure should be rewarded well.

Its just not very easy to come up with a simple scoring system, and kills is usually more helpful for clearing enemies from an objective. Archers killing archers on the wall is essential for someone to batter the ram. Should they be penalized because they are not near the objective. I dont think so.

• we just need reflective team damage, that’s the best way. That or if you do a certain amount of team damage per your spawn, your weapons go away and you are left with shield and fists only. then all you can do is block/punch until you die. upon respawn your weapons are back. team damage again? no weapons for you

• Solution: Give more points for pushing the objective, but divide the points each pusher gets by the number of people pushing.

As for friendly fire, I agree there needs to be stats tracking FF in ALL modes.