My take on the faint whine.

• I don’t see it as broken, completely… Maybe a little.
    The thing with faint is, there is a very small frame, from where the feint stops, and if the weapon where to continue it’s path. So against a good feinter you always gotta block in the very last second, but this can get easily fucked up with lag. Some of the weapons do need some rework on the animations a little bit, spear is OP with proper feint atm.

• Could’ve posted your two cents in any of the existing threads.

• I don’t think you really understand the mechanics behind feinting. You can feint through the entire windup (including the very end). Thrusts at facehug and lookdown overheads at facehug (and even well-aimed slashes) connect instantly off windup. If you block at a feint, and your opponent’s windup is smaller than your block length/recovery (it is), they will hit you.

The window you have to differentiate between a feint and a real hit is up to player skill, and good players can reduce that window down to tens of milliseconds (significantly smaller than human reaction speed). If you think you’re good at seeing and reacting to feints, you aren’t playing against people who know how to feint. Or people who know how to accel their attacks properly. Good feints are genuinely unreadable.

• @DSMatticus:

I don’t think you really understand the mechanics behind feinting. You can feint through the entire windup (including the very end). Thrusts at facehug and lookdown overheads at facehug (and even well-aimed slashes) connect instantly off windup. If you block at a feint, and your opponent’s windup is smaller than your block length/recovery (it is), they will hit you.

Are you 100% sure about there not being a couple of frames between the end of the faint and the point the weapon hits? I will have to try fighting LAN vs my friend later to be sure.

• Duel me.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/bunggoo/

P.S. How long have you been playing? I can go on duel servers and win without using parry a single time thanks to feinting and footwork.

• The counter to feints isn’t parrying at the perfect moment based on a guess, it’s straight-up attacks and maintaining distance. If you let a good player with a fast weapon close that distance with the offensive initiative (where lookdown-overhead and feints are extremely powerful), you’ve already made the lethal mistake.