TBS Just Slapped Us In The Face… (Knight Heater Shield)

• I’m loving the update and the game as a whole. Played around 70hrs so far. (admittedly I took a break a couple weeks)

Though I have to throw this out there. Now, before I get to it just know I tried my hardest to ignore it and let it go, but I just can’t help but feel backstabbed by you TBS :( .

So, the problem is: Why the FK did you finally give knights more shield options BUT GIVE US THE FKING BUCKLER?! Where the FK is my Heater?! A knight with a heater shield is such an iconic look. I’ve been hoping and waiting and crossing my fingers and praying to Malrick and the other king (who’s name escapes me) for so long that knights would get the heater. Then the update is out, I see the teaser screenshot with the buckler and get all excited thinking we get new shields. But NO! We get new shielD**… not plural D: how you gonna do me like this TBS?

TL;DR: I WANT MY FKING HEATER AND I WANT IT RIGHT FKING NOW!!!

EDIT: Just to be clear, I want the heater as a shield choice all the time, not just for use with the flail. I want to be able to use the Morning Star or Knight Sword with a heater shield. If it came down to it (for some crazy reason), I’d rather have the heater as a choice than the kite shield. The heater is so iconic with a knight, 99% of the time when someone says “knight” you picture a fully armored guy with a heater shield. But I would settle for use only with flail if that was the only way they would agree to giving it to knights.

• I agree buckler is garbage. Why would a knight use such a wimpy little thing? Shields in general imo are girly, but buckler on a knight seems like a slap in the face to shield users…

I do agree with your post.

• If I had to guess, I’m going to say the decision to use the buckler for the flail had something to do with them already having a shield punch animation for the buckler from the Jav man. I don’t know that for sure, but what I do know is that the buckler simply obstructs too much vision for how small the block area is.

• Flails are crap anyway.

• Just to be clear, I want to have a heater as an option PERIOD. Not just with the flail but just to have as a shield option at all times.

• I’d love the heater JUST for flail at least, (I miss it from AoC so much!). I think the other two shields do well enough for Knight with everything else.

• Honestly the heater almost looks like it was made for the knight in the first place. It looks a bit big on a man at arms to me.

• A heater like the man-at-arms’s would be awesome.

• Play an MAA with heater and pretend you’re a really agile knight that plays only with secondaries and shield.

• Yeah, buckler is very unreliable, and a knight using it is a joke.

I agree, a the classic heater shield would really make me feel more apt to play knight.

• Look at this unanimous agreement TBS!!! Lets get some heaters up in dis piece nom sayn?

• Because of the animations being there for the Buckler, Torn Banner aren’t very keep on bothering to give Knight the heater, since they’d have to do new anims and a lot of pissing about. :(

I STILL think it would be worth it though. Knight with a buckler just looks, blergh. And I hate the girly lil slap he does with it anyways. It’s not even an awesome neck-chop like the old AoC javelineer used to do. Gief a 360 Flail swing attack instead like from AoC. Flail is meant to be played defensively, that would help to keep the enemy at bay.

VOTE HEATER FOR KNIGHT!

OCCUPY TORN BANNER!

• grabs his sombrero and puts on his fake mexican moustache Viva la revolucion!!!

• From the Newsletter Here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10318

@Kimiko:

Artwork of Richard Yang:

Richard Yang, Lead Animator and Concept Artist of Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, has been kind enough to share with us some of his awesome artwork. All of his work listed below was created in Adobe Photoshop. Take a look and be amazed!

(Please note that Richard Yang’s artwork is not to be used in any way without his prior permission)

The Duel in the forest

(Link to larger image here)

“This was a commissioned artwork for a medieval fan.
    Featuring a Fair Lady watching two knights dueling in the forest with
    flail swords and shield, capturing the moment of the final brutal
    killing blow. I kind of worked the Mason and Agatha theme into it,
    since this was done during the development of Chivalry.”

See what that Flail Knight is using?

NOT A BUCKLER.

OCCUPY TORN BANNER!

• @BobT36:

From the Newsletter Here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10318

@Kimiko:

NOT A BUCKLER.

OCCUPY TORN BANNER!

I KNOWWWWW!!!1 When I saw that pic I felt them twisting the knife they already shoved in my back!

HELL YEAH OCCUPY TORN BANNER!

I’ll get the megaphone and some tents, meet you guys there!

• @BobT36:

From the Newsletter Here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10318

@Kimiko:

Artwork of Richard Yang:

Richard Yang, Lead Animator and Concept Artist of Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, has been kind enough to share with us some of his awesome artwork. All of his work listed below was created in Adobe Photoshop. Take a look and be amazed!

(Please note that Richard Yang’s artwork is not to be used in any way without his prior permission)

The Duel in the forest

“This was a commissioned artwork for a medieval fan.
    Featuring a Fair Lady watching two knights dueling in the forest with
    flail swords and shield, capturing the moment of the final brutal
    killing blow. I kind of worked the Mason and Agatha theme into it,
    since this was done during the development of Chivalry.”

NOT A BUCKLER.

OCCUPY TORN BANNER!

Yeah I noticed this too haha! Although it does accurately portray the famous weapon “clipping” through the shield. I bet that Flail Knight totally had the blocking perfect. ;)

Heater shield = Flail Knight
    Buckler shield = Fail Knight

• Although I usually play as an maa I find it quite contradictory for a fully plated knight to be using a flimsy ass shield that’s meant for the common footman and the other rabble. WE ARE THE 100% WHO DEMAND A HEATER SHEILD FOR THE KNIGHT CLASS! OCCUPY TBS!

• @SirRectumRaider:

Although I usually play as an maa I find it quite contradictory for a fully plated knight to be using a flimsy ass shield that’s meant for the common footman and the other rabble. WE ARE THE 100% WHO DEMAND A HEATER SHEILD FOR THE KNIGHT CLASS! OCCUPY TBS!

YES! I don’t understand why the heaviest armored class has the 2 biggest shields but when it gets a smaller one it skips a whole level to the lamest one.

@AngryDave:

That’s gonna be my knew motto!

• @Steel:

@AngryDave:

That’s gonna be my knew motto!

Added to my sig.

This certainly isn’t “too much work”, IT IS JUSTICE!

• I don’t use the flail really, but I do agree they shouldn’t be forced into such a bad shield… Hell, I feel the buckler should be optional for jav users (and I’m not a huge fan of those jerks)…