Trip a man over, go for the knees

• If you attack someones legs it does little damage and does not reward you at all. i wall thinking if your legs are getting cut/smashed out from underneath you, wouldn’t it trip you over or something.

eg Spear swipe too the legs would trip someone over especially if top heavy (wearing armor)

a slash to the back of the knee or ankle would cut a tendon/hamstring forcing the victim onto one knee

Also if you shield-bash / kick / blunt weapon, on an opponent who is low on stamina that should knock him on his ass

• Losing control over your character is never any fun. You’re asking for realism at the cost of gameplay.

• Part of me would love to see it but it would be too much of a disadvantage and would probably require a whole new set of animations ( = coding hell) . The only balanced way I could see someone falling on his butt is if a new weapon was implemented (ie. bolas) that does just that, deals no damage, is not usable in melee and has only 1 ammunition. And that would still be hard to balance.

• Maybe not trip, but a hit to the legs could cripple/slow your opponent temporarily. Considering how few people actually go for legshots, this could provide some incentive.

• @Monty:

If you attack someones legs it does little damage and does not reward you at all. i wall thinking if your legs are getting cut/smashed out from underneath you, wouldn’t it trip you over or something.

eg Spear swipe too the legs would trip someone over especially if top heavy (wearing armor)

a slash to the back of the knee or ankle would cut a tendon/hamstring forcing the victim onto one knee

Also if you shield-bash / kick / blunt weapon, on an opponent who is low on stamina that should knock him on his ass

I does little damage, true but is also very hard to parry given the location of the point, and the fact that most don’t expect it, it does have it place, and there is reward.

• If you want utility for leg strikes, just give them a slightly longer flinch.