Slow - Motion for final kills

• After recently playing the tutorial again to check if the achievements finally work I got inspired to suggest this idea. Those who played the tutorial may remember fighting the Mason men and what happens once you kill them… the game goes in slow motion for a few seconds. So, last time I managed to kill the Mason Man at Arms with a kick which resulted in an extremely epic slow motion Sparta bottomless pit recreation and I thought… why not have this in the actual game?

I suggest that every round- or game ending kill should be celebrated with some brief seconds of slow motion. This could apply, for example, to the last kill in Team Deathmatch, the last kill in any Last Team Standing round, the series-winning kills in duel mode and the death of Argon the guy in Stonestill (Danum? the local lord?) and Malric* in Team Objective.
    The camera of anyone but the last two participants (the killer and the victim) may be switched during this scene so everyone gets to see the final kill, either to an overlook/cinematic view or simply to the first person view of the player who made the last blow. Yes, you would lose control of your character for a short, slowed down moment, but since it was at the end of a game/round you wouldn’t have been able to do much anyway.

Stylish slow-mo is already in the game (tutorial), so maybe it wouldn’t even be that hard to implement. And it could produce some really epic moments! Chivalry is supposed to have that Hollywood fighting movie style… what could be more fitting?

Thoughts?`

• PS: Malric shouldn’t respawn immediately upon death, that kills the atmosphere.

• Good Idea
    @Don_Kanaille:

• PS: Malric shouldn’t respawn immediately upon death, that kills the atmosphere.

I believe that wasn’t intended.

• I know, just a little bug report :>

Also, you beat me up good in duel mode. Good fight!^^

• Slow-motion replay is good.
    I like it :D

• @Don_Kanaille:

I know, just a little bug report :>

Also, you beat me up good in duel mode. Good fight!^^

Now that I look closely your name I remember you. :fenc:

• @Don_Kanaille:

HAHAHA

• Nice ideia, i always wanted that too, and Malric respawning really kills the atmospheric :)

• Malric never dies the order will be victorious as we have an invincible leader.

FOOOOR DA ORRRDAAA.

• Not really invincible, just unlimited^^ Though I agree, Malric has already become immortal in our thoughts. All Hail the Messias of Agatha! Argon is dead, long live Malric!

By the way, anyone got something to say about the main topic?

• @Don_Kanaille:

By the way, anyone got something to say about the main topic?

Nice idea, the last kills should be pointed out somehow - but if it’d be as lame as, for example, CoD end slowdown, I don’t want to see that.

• Quite a nice idea. Putting emphasis on the deaths of either the Agathian or Mason King would make that feeling of victory evermore glorious! :D

• Yeah, cause almost all the time you dont see him dying. It simple shows YOU WON.
    would be nice see that final kill…

• +1 man, aslong as they keep it to the kings killing stuff. dont wanna see no annoying “cewl” kills of just random folk killing random folk.

• @Sir:

Nice idea, the last kills should be pointed out somehow - but if it’d be as lame as, for example, CoD end slowdown, I don’t want to see that.

I have not played CoD multiplayer in years, so I do not know how it looks like there. I only got my inspiriation from the tutorial and the movie 300 which it reminded me of.

• Cool idea, but it would be pretty anti-climatic if the king got slo-mo killed by a backswing… :D

• I had thought about this after playing the tutorial again and yeah I think it would be pretty cool for killing the kings or the last guy on LTS/TDM. 8-)

• I love this idea! Think of the moments where you see a tk in the background or a sick warbow headshot from cross map, or even see king argon have a spear shoved up his already stretched asshole. LORD MALRIC IS PLEASED WITH THIS THOUGHT.

• @SirRectumRaider:

[…]or a sick warbow headshot from cross map[…]

My favorite would probably be a slingshot head explosion (…from across the map).

• for more ranged dismemberment

• Even better! What if the last 10 seconds of the battle would be in slow-mo!

• You couldn’t really have slow motion during normal play because it would affect everyone’s control and get annoying, but it would be perfectly fine in a state where the game has already been won- so kills in Duel, the last kill in TDM/LTS, or when a final TO objective is complete would be fine.