Knight Grunt

• WTF happened to the Knight’s ability to grunt??
    The whole reason I bought this game was when my friend showed me you could do that.

Is it still possible to play a grunt with the PlayEmote console command? What are the valid parameters of PlayEmote??

PLEASE BRING BACK KNIGHT GRUNTING

• The grunt sound was a bug I believe, now they are replaced with their respective “Respect” voice emotes.

• The grunts were a placeholder for missing respect lines. It’s good they removed them, because they were the same as the pain sounds and got a bit confusing when you tried to be respectful to someone by going “AURHG” at them.

• @Doom454:

The grunts were a placeholder for missing respect lines. It’s good they removed them, because they were the same as the pain sounds and got a bit confusing when you tried to be respectful to someone by going “AURHG” at them.

I just figured knights were cavemen from a distant future where technology has regressed and there is constant war.

Or maybe that was me getting high on gummy vitamins, I don’t know

• Knights were physically incapable of showing respect to anyone until the recent update.

• @Jerome:

WTF happened to the Knight’s ability to grunt??
    The whole reason I bought this game was when my friend showed me you could do that.

Is it still possible to play a grunt with the PlayEmote console command? What are the valid parameters of PlayEmote??

I second this wholeheartedly. Knight grunts brought me absolute joy.

• @Doom454:

The grunts were a placeholder for missing respect lines. It’s good they removed them, because they were the same as the pain sounds and got a bit confusing when you tried to be respectful to someone by going “AURHG” at them.

Imagine two knights after a duel just going “AURGH” after one another for a few minutes. And everyone around them going “Oh they’re so respectful of eachother”

• I used to do this on my Agatha Knight in the 4th stage of TO Dark Forest while I was flanking around. People would hear a knight’s footsteps but because it was a Mason grunt, they didn’t bother checking. Mwahahahaha.

But really that only worked once or twice lol. What I really miss is spamming “Come hither!”

• @SOC:

“Come hither!”

I liked "To the purpose!"
    And even though I never got to hear it myself, there’s the infamous “DEFEND THE FARM!” bug.

• The whole reason you bought this game was to grunt? :?

• @Jerome:

WTF happened to the Knight’s ability to grunt??

Wtf? Thanks god they made reasonable respect lines…

• @Slaughtervomit:

The whole reason you bought this game was to grunt? :?

Totally understandable, I was sold because of the gargling sound when an arrow strikes the neck :D

• @Nivve:

@Slaughtervomit:

Totally understandable, I was sold because of the gargling sound when an arrow strikes the neck :D

Loin gargled REAL BLOOD for that sound…

• Come hither!

• PLEASE bring back grunting

• PLEASE

• Global Moderator

@BobT36:

@Nivve:

@Slaughtervomit:

Loin gargled REAL BLOOD for that sound…

How many arrows did he take to the throat.

• I’ve quit this game and will only play again once knight grunting is put back in place.

• @Jerome:

I’ve quit this game and will only play again once knight grunting is put back in place.

Cool necro.

Hey, aren’t you the guy that spammed your TS3 server to everyone?

@Jerome:

Open Chivalry TS3 Server
    Sent: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:19 pm
    To: Registered users

OPEN CHIVALRY TS3 SERVER HERE 108.170.57.218 (no port, or default port) ALL WELCOME.

Oh yeah.

• The Dark Arts have returned, stronger than ever!

At least it was one of the entertaining threads =]