Possible issue with stamina when blocking

• As I’ve mentioned on the Steam discussions, sometimes when blocking at 0 stamina with a shield, I seem to recover stamina instead of getting staggered.

It seems to happen plenty of times, but I haven’t seen anything of the sort mentioned here yet. If it’s of any relevance, I’ve noticed this while playing a Knight with a kite shield.

I don’t think I’ve ever noticed this before the patch, or maybe I just noticed this now because I’m paying more attention in duels.

Hmm, I’ll try to record a video to better exemplify what I mean sometime closer to the end of the week.

• I have also had this happen with parrying (vanguard 2h) a couple times… It hasn’t happened enough for me to notice a pattern yet

• I was looking at the patch notes and saw this:

• Regain 30 stamina on special dazed [when blocking out of stamina]
    • Special dazed when kicked out of shield block.
    • Getting special dazed when being kicked with shield up and you are out of stamina, you will gain 30 stamina.

From what I can tell, this special dazed thing kicks in. But isn’t it supposed to activate when you get kicked and you’re out of stamina? I don’t think it should activate when blocking normal weapons at 0 stamina, or should it?

Either way, I don’t experience any kind of “special dazed” state when I’m using a shield to block weapons at 0 stamina and regain stamina… So I guess the stamina regen triggers without the “special dazed” being activated?

I guess I should test this properly with somebody and see what happens.