Kernel security check failure

• I posted about a week ago with the same problem. viewtopic.php?f=87&t=9402

Still happening. I’ve updated BIOS, all driver and checked up on everything I could think of. It only happens when I browse for servers. Temperature is not a problem. It might be that the game is not compatible with Windows 8?

Also, not all server filters are saved after exiting the game.

Specs:
    CPU: i5-3210M
    VGA: GeForce GTX 660m 2 GB
    RAM: DDRIII 6GB (1x 2GB, 1x 4GB)
    HDD: 750GB 7200 RPM

• I am experiencing exactly the same problem. Never OC the CPU. Its getting rather frustrating. I have updated my graphics drivers to no avail. Got to agree that it seems the game may not be properly compatible with the OS.

Would greatly appreciate any assistance or advice. Cheers

Specs:
    CPU: i7-3630QM
    VGA: GeForce GTX 670MX
    Ram: 16Gb DDR 3
    HDD: 750Gb 7200 rpm

• Same here, duh. Couldn’t find any solution on the internet. CPU and GPU temperatures are fine, no problems with other games, even these graphically advanced like: BF3, Witcher 2 etc. Drivers are fine.

Just to make it clear, it happens only during servers browsing, blue screen poops up with KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE, adn whole system is restarting.

CPU: i5-3210m
    VGA: GeForce GTX 675M 2GB
    RAM: 8GB DDR3
    HDD: 500GB

• You all seem to have mac specs. Running it it a virtual machine or is it just a coincidence.

Your specs are all very similar to each other as well.

And it also looks like you are all the same person for some reason. Layout of your posts way you all talk.

• A most odd thread.
    Though each response is months apart, so I don’t think it’s just one person. I guess something to do with laptops, I’m not sure about mac specs, and they all say Win8.

• @Gauntlet:

A most odd thread.
    Though each response is months apart, so I don’t think it’s just one person. I guess something to do with laptops, I’m not sure about mac specs, and they all say Win8.

That’s what makes it more so. Some people think they’ll get banned bumping their own threads. So they make new accounts.

Anyway its a problem nonetheless and its probably something tondo with windows 8

Windows 8 is buggy.

• What the hell

I’m not spacster neither ms7171, and it’s not mac but msi laptop. I guess these 2 guys also have similiar models of MSI GT70 series, such as mine. I wrote my post in that way to make the problem easier too solve. Its kinda annoying, that instead of help you get baseless accusation.

Anyway, if that’s caused by windows 8 i hope thet devs will fix it soon with a patch or smth. Still, I will be grateful for any kind of help.

Ah yes, almost forget: BUMP

• Windows 8

wow you are brave

even I would be too scared to go to windows 8 and try gaming with it.

I bet if you installed windows 7, get all the right drivers in, it would be fine.

• @gregcau:

Windows 8

wow you are brave

even I would be too scared to go to windows 8 and try gaming with it.

I bet if you installed windows 7, get all the right drivers in, it would be fine.

Yep. It even runs on linux using wine. Windows 8 is just so crappy, you can’t expect the game devs to make the game working on it ( that should’nt be necessary in the first place, any OS should at least be backwards compatible to the prior version).

Try installing Win7, you will only benefit from it.

• Developer

The game runs fine on Windows 8.

Only a misbehaving driver can cause that blue screen. It needs to be something in the Land of the Kernels to mess with the kernel. Chivalry is not a driver, does not provide any drivers, this is some other software on your system. Not a Chivalry bug, more than likely not something we can fix.

Onwards to tech support: update your drivers. All of them. If it’s still happening, I’d suggest contacting MSI support.

• Same problem. Seems to occur near the end of the server list updating, possibly as it finishes. Will update after testing some more, assuming it happens again like it has the last 2x in a row. Specs below.

Mobo: msi z87-g45
    CPU: i5-4670K
    GPU: Radeon HD 7850
    Mem: 2x 8GB CORSAIR Vengeance

Given what others have said already and the nature of the issue, it may be worth noting that I am using the Qualcomm Atheros Killer Network Manager drivers distributed with my motherboard. I make no accusations, but there it is in case it does come up as a similarity.
    Also, I had the same blue-screen issue with a previous computer, a laptop thought I forget what most of the hardware was. older I7 processor, 6770M graphics card, HP brand, and both windows 7 and 8, though I forget which OS the problem occurred under.

Never happened to me twice in a row though, so no clue what to think there.

• This post is deleted!