Idea on swing mechanics and a different interrupt

• Hi, just throwing these ideas out there.

Swing Mechanic

Basically, it seems to me that look-down overheads and delayed or sped-up swings are a tad… off. I mean, it’s useful, but also a bit silly. My suggestion is that throughout the swing arc, the damage the weapon will do varies. Basically, the first and last portions of the swing will have reduced damage, while the exact center will have a slight bonus damage. As an analogy, think of baseball. If you hit the ball too early or too late, it will be a crappy hit and barely make it to the bases. However, if you connect properly in the middle of your swing, it can fly to the outfield.

Example:
    Swing arc:
    25% | 20% | 10% | 20% | 25%
    Swing damage:
    80% | 100% | 110% | 100% | 80%

Interrupt

There’s a lot of discussion going on about feints and kicks. Here’s my 2 cents. First, kicks should be powerful, especially against shields/defensive people. But it’s far too slow to have any affect against most people, especially MaA. Then there’s shield bash, which is ok although I personally think it should work exactly like a swing (basically, you can move normally while you bash).

My idea of a different interrupt, though, is to give 2h weapons a bash as well, like a cross-check in hockey. It would not parry, it would cost a fair bit of stamina, and it might have a slightly high recovery time. The idea, though, is it would be fast and allow a knight or vanguard to shove back an MaA or Archer, who have huge speed advantages both for movement and swings. The 2h bash would also have a fairly decent area of effect in front of the user, but a short reach.

• I like the idea of a 2h bash. +1 ;)

• I fully support both ideas.

• So… a kick?

• @Helgeran:

So… a kick?

A kick is currently powerful but slow, and you are stuck in place when you activate it. It works great vs shields but that’s about it.

A 2h bash could be used while moving, will have a wider area of affect, shorter range, and be almost instant.

I’d also like the shield bash to be the same as is, except for 1 change allowing the user to move while activated.

• @Wolfram:

@Helgeran:

So… a kick?

A kick is currently powerful but slow, and you are stuck in place when you activate it. It works great vs shields but that’s about it.

Are you forgetting the elusive jump kick? :o