The rank 30 mark

• @KingOfPolarBears:

Yeah but there’s a difference between being very good at duels and thus 1vs situations and being good in team based modes. Some people can hold their own on the battlefield very good with lots of people slashing everywhere and the course of battle changing often and rapidly. But they might suck at duels because it’s a differetn style. You can be the best at duel mode but if you don’t adapt you’ll get swallowed whole by 2 rank 5 guys in a to game or something like that. It really depends. It goes the other way around too

Exactly. I’m level 30 and I absolutely suck at duels. I don’t think I’ve actually won a dual since the beta. And its kinda embarrassing seeing me at the bottom of he scoreboard with all loses on kill and 10 deaths.

But I’m good at FFA at for some reason. Probably just because its lots of people slashing each other.

And I’m very good at The team based game modes.

• Rank is a decent way to gauge random pub opponents you haven’t actually fought yet. But reputation is a far better metric. Int | Javm is only 34, but anyone worth their salt knows not to take him lightly. Then you have people like [GIA] Hodgiebeats (the dudes a real asshole) who is 41 and can’t fight his way out of a paper bag.

• Rank is bollocks tbh, simply an indicator of time, nothing more. Those who rely on it and chide people for being lower are arsehats.

I’m rank 15, simply because I don’t have much time to game anymore, and I’m trying to clear my backlog so not always playing Chiv even when I can.

However I’ve been playing Chiv since the Alpha, and AoC since the early patches, I’m probably farrrrr from being an awesome player, but anyone calling me a nubtard for having a “low” rank can gtfo. :P

• Well i never see guys as real noobs, you often see some rank 0 guys beating up rank 15-25 guys. But i’ll be more wary of guys of rank 30+ than guys of rank 0-5, imo that kind of normal. If i can pick a rank 44 guy to be in my team or a rank 1 guy t be in my team (without ever seeing any of them fight), i’d pick de rank 44 guy.

But you are right about the indicator of time in most cases. But there are also guys rank 30+ who can just pull an entire team that’s not doing very well to victory, even when joining at the last stage in a TO game.

• Maybe add badges as a further indicator of skill?

• @Strudel:

Maybe add badges as a further indicator of skill?

Maybe in the future we could see badges or medals for Agatha and severed heads on belt for Masons?

• @HandsomeHodge:

Rank is a decent way to gauge random pub opponents you haven’t actually fought yet. But reputation is a far better metric. Int | Javm is only 34, but anyone worth their salt knows not to take him lightly. Then you have people like [GIA] Hodgiebeats (the dudes a real asshole) who is 41 and can’t fight his way out of a paper bag.

Hodgie is pretty good, but has problems vs Black Jesus.

• @Ludofin:

Then are those high ranked blabbermouths who always accuse lag, team or game mechanics every single time they die. I mean I do get raged sometimes, but these certain fellows, always the same.

Lol we had a guy like that on my server, real arrogant and annoying. Twice after people killed him he commented something like ‘cute little speed up attack’, whatever the hell that means. I’m something like rank 20 or 21, and I took him out a second time with a fork lol. I think he said something like, ‘thank goodness for your friendly archer’ or something. Uh nah dude, you’re just not used to someone using a fork effectively.

He ended up raging heavily on the next map, calling all the enemy archers ‘fags’ for hanging in spawn on a LTS map and probably shooting at him constantly. Before I could ban him, the tribe spoke and he was votekicked by the server for being a douche. His last comment was, “You’re votekicking the team’s best player?” Which he was by the way, top of the list. Obviously that didn’t matter, some people just don’t want to play with loudmouths who can’t accept defeat.

• I guess it is time to improve our social tolerance.

• I’m level 31 and I enjoy charging into those groups rofl. Don’t win much, but definitively take a bit of them out before I’m slain. Honestly, I’ve never really had people “look up” to me. I do coincidentally tutor people because I’m an asshole, I just sit there and block and have them try and beat my defense occasionally, it’s good practice and unspecified training commission.

• @Incognito:

I’m level 31 and I enjoy charging into those groups rofl. Don’t win much, but definitively take a bit of them out before I’m slain. Honestly, I’ve never really had people “look up” to me. I do coincidentally tutor people because I’m an asshole, I just sit there and block and have them try and beat my defense occasionally, it’s good practice and unspecified training commission.

You don’t want people to “look up to you” trust me.

Some guy said “I’ll stick with DokB” after he witnesses me 3v1 and win as Knight in a LTS game.

He followed me for a bit, I afk’d near the bridge on Stonehill due to my phone ringing and I got killed 5 seconds later from a sneaky MaA.

He probably thought I was the biggest noob under the sun after he witnessed that, there’s too much pressure to perform well when people follow you around. :P

• After reaching rank 30, I’ve definitely noticed more pressure on me to preform well and on some cases, carry the team. But that is mostly a mental thing and my problem. In reality there is not much difference between a rank 25 and a rank 30.
    The real difference is if players are always stomping newer players and gaining “empty ranks”, or duking it out vs other high level players and getting good.

• @Crum1y:

In FFA and Duel, you will typically see the r30+'s towards the top. Since duel launched I often see r20 players up there, obviously haven’t played alot but are naturally talented.

Usually those are noobs abusing feints. Not talented.

• @Carl:

@Ludofin:

Then are those high ranked blabbermouths who always accuse lag, team or game mechanics every single time they die. I mean I do get raged sometimes, but these certain fellows, always the same.

Lol we had a guy like that on my server, real arrogant and annoying. Twice after people killed him he commented something like ‘cute little speed up attack’, whatever the hell that means. I’m something like rank 20 or 21, and I took him out a second time with a fork lol. I think he said something like, ‘thank goodness for your friendly archer’ or something. Uh nah dude, you’re just not used to someone using a fork effectively.

He ended up raging heavily on the next map, calling all the enemy archers ‘fags’ for hanging in spawn on a LTS map and probably shooting at him constantly. Before I could ban him, the tribe spoke and he was votekicked by the server for being a douche. His last comment was, “You’re votekicking the team’s best player?” Which he was by the way, top of the list. Obviously that didn’t matter, some people just don’t want to play with loudmouths who can’t accept defeat.

Well, i should agree, those super buffed archers killed LTS for me, the team with more archers will probably win. Another thorn banner Error.

• There’s a big difference between a classic server rank 30 player and a duel server rank 30 player.

The guys that have earned the majority of their rank on a classic server are poor at individual combat but tend to be better team players and are more aware of their surroundings.

The guys that have earned the majority of their rank on a duel server will hand you your rectum every time in an uninterrupted 1v1 fight. However, they tend to attack their own team mates occasionally due to the fact that they are not used to having allies. If they avoid attacking their own team mates, they tend to not be as effective because they know their allies are around them, making them hesitate. Also, they tend to be pretty poor at knowing when that serial backstabber is coming. It’s hard enough with practice so what chance do they have when they have no backstab interference practice?

None-the-less. I believe if you combine FFA play with duel play then I don’t think anyone rank 30 or below will have a chance against you (presuming you’re level 30+ yourself).

• @trooper:

There’s a big difference between a classic server rank 30 player and a duel server rank 30 player.

The guys that have earned the majority of their rank on a classic server are poor at individual combat but tend to be better team players and are more aware of their surroundings.

The guys that have earned the majority of their rank on a duel server will hand you your rectum every time in an uninterrupted 1v1 fight. However, they tend to attack their own team mates occasionally due to the fact that they are not used to having allies. If they avoid attacking their own team mates, they tend to not be as effective because they know their allies are around them, making them hesitate. Also, they tend to be pretty poor at knowing when that serial backstabber is coming. It’s hard enough with practice so what chance do they have when they have no backstab interference practice?

None-the-less. I believe if you combine FFA play with duel play then I don’t think anyone rank 30 or below will have a chance against you (presuming you’re level 30+ yourself).

You Sir, make perfect sense, take my horse poop here as a token of my appreciation :h2:

• @KingOfPolarBears:

@trooper:

There’s a big difference between a classic server rank 30 player and a duel server rank 30 player.

You Sir, make perfect sense, take my horse poop here as a token of my appreciation :h2:

HAHAHAHAHAHA! What the hell man xD That was a great point, don’t crap all over it

• That’s why i said he makes perfect sense, my horse poop was an actual token of appreciation :D i’m weird, i know 8-)

• Level 43 now, I don’t think I deserve that rank but ok.
    This game shows the worst of our personalities, that’s just inevitable.
    There will always be raging and mean players around, try to live with it.

• nothing like zis has happend 2me :|

half the time people think i hack :(