How good is Chivalry: Medieval Warfare?

• On a scale from 1-10, how high do you rate Chivalry as it is now?

• I love it like it’s a 10, but I have to give it a 7. It lacks polish, and has a gargantuan quantity of bugs. Thing is it’s just SO MUCH FUN.

Regardless, while it may be 7 now, so long as the devs keep working on it, it could easily go up to a 10 eventually.

• I’d say 9 because it has almost everything I wanted from a real time medieval combat simulation and it’s polished and fun, cares for details, you really couldn’t ask for much more. There’s still room for improvement, lacks some little things like disarming or horses (for a game called “Chivalry” it’s kinda strange :P) , but humanly, it’s really a great, great game.

I would lower this score only if I started seeing funny stuff like chicken hats, raimbow helms and similar trashy cash-grabbing implementations, but I trust TB is better than that.

• I think it’s great, tons of fun and has a lot of skills to learn. But it also has some bugs that need to be worked out, and they’re also still trying to get the balance just right.

• I feel like giving it a 9 was too gentle of me. It is closer to a 7. It’s still my favourite game at the moment, but its netcode needs serious polish. Everything is so out of sync and there’s constant lag and small lagspikes, grr. It’s also a bit buggy, at the moment… fix these things and my 9 will be true.

• 10/10 because I like even numbers.

• I gave it a 9 because I love it love it love it.

The bugs are annoying and that’s why it wasn’t a 10. (Also my maul was nerfed lol)

TB will straighten it out, I’m sure. Let’s all keep suggesting our own ways of improving the game and keep the forums a positive place for new ideas and suggestions!

• Pulling a number out of your butt is worthless. Read in-depth reviews (text walls) and you’ll really get an idea of whether its worth buying or not.

• I posted this because i wanted to know how the community rates the game, i myself have been playing it since release date, i never intended this post to have the same effect as a review or to be seen as a real review. Just curious about what the players think about It with all the complaints you read on this forum

• When the game first launched it was an easy 8.5 for me. Absolutely awesome combat system, fun & imaginative objectives, hilarious voice acting, and a good sense of pure fun.

For a while, the game lingered without too much support, and I became a bit bored of playing the same maps over and over.

After the recent content update, the game is now a 9.2 for me. Duel mode is amazing and effectively turns Chivalry into a 1st-person fighting game. The new maps and objectives are all distinct and show that Torn Banner poured in a great deal of effort during the lull between updates. The new weapons are a nice touch and much welcome. The additional voice quips demonstrate that the devs are going above and beyond the call of duty to continue to improve the player experience, since things like this are not necessary but add a lot to the immersion and production value.

I had a lot of trouble adjusting to the tweaked flinching system, but I think I am getting used to it.

• 8/10

Its not 10/10 becouse of technical problems/low fps on good machine

• I’ll give it a 9, only because if I give it a 10, Torn Banner may think the game is perfect and stop working on adding things to it 8-)

When the game reaches near it’s life span and TBS heads off to their next game, I’ll give it a 10 at the last minute.

Now get back to work TBS and bust yer arse for that shiny 10 from me :P

• @Cpt-Praxius:

I’ll give it a 9, only because if I give it a 10, Torn Banner may think the game is perfect and stop working on adding things to it 8-)

When the game reaches near it’s life span and TBS heads off to their next game, I’ll give it a 10 at the last minute.

Now get back to work TBS and bust yer arse for that shiny 10 from me :P

This made me laugh :lol:

• I really love the game. But there is so much to improve that I’ll give it a 7.

I’m also not sure if I’m fair here… The game couldn’t actually reach the 10 for me because I’d make a whole other game of it if I could.
    I’d make it MMO or with way more players (100-200 like M&B managed), with persistent and diversified game modes, cavalry, huge customization possibilities…

I don’t think Chivalry wants to match my likings at all costs.

But only speaking of what Chivalry could and should do (speaking of removing bugs, adding more content), I’ll give it a 8-9.

• I voted 10 purely base on how much I enjoy the game

now I know the game has bugs, but I feel very lucky because I rarely am affected by it

• The game is pure awesomeness incarnated. However it could still be improved on multiple fronts:

• Polish on certain parts of the game
    • Amount of content (mainly maps, customization is a bonus and don’t really care about that)
    • Gameplay improvements, of which also game modes (siege…)

So it can definitely get better on certain areas, however since it is so awesome I haven’t stopped playing since launch (of course I eat, sleep and study sometimes) that easily justifies an 8.

There is room for improvement, but it’s awesome nevertheless :D